Official World Series Topic

Comments

• Reply 41 of 130
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

What about the 8 PM games that were on the West Coast, meaning people on the East Coast had to be up at 11 PM for the 'first pitch' (which was closer to 11:15 then 11) and what about the people who had to stay up until 2 or 3 AM with work the next day because of the start times over there? It works both ways.

No it doesn't really work both ways. Television schedules are very biased toward the East Coast. Aside from the 8:05 Yankees/Sox game on the 16th, which games started that late? Only ONE of the Giants NLDS games started at 7 PM local time. All of the rest were either day games or afternoon games.

The West Coast got the shaft in the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics too, as almost none of the events were broadcast live...because of the East Coast.

Quote:

They can change the times of the games too, based on where they are playing. Heck, most World Series used to be during the *day*. That means people had to work, go to school, etc. But last night's game was still one of the *lowest rated ever* and last year's World series *was* the lowest rated ever.

Last year's World Series wasn't popular because baseball's fanbase is dwindling rapidly, not because of scheduling.
  • Reply 42 of 130
    That's because the east coast runs it mayne.

Bah...Redman sucks..the hell did they let dude pitch that game? He just falls behind hitters and hasnt done ish to begin with. That was just like conceeding a victory to the other team by puttin him on the mound. Also when they got that double play it was BS...Cabrerra or whoever it was hit himself in the shin with the ball, so it shouldve been a foul.

GO MARLINS!!!
  • Reply 43 of 130
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:

Last year's World Series wasn't popular because baseball's fanbase is dwindling rapidly, not because of scheduling.

Yet both the ALCS and NLCS this year brought very high ratings with the ALCS having higher ratings than most World Series in the last 20 years and beating out the Super Bowl in some markets.

I believe that scheduling with MLB is a big problem, but the largest problem is FOX and their crew.
  • Reply 44 of 130
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    the problem is the non fan looks at the matchup....yankees vs marlins....and assumes its a no contest and not worth watching. no one cares about the marlins......people may hate the yankees, but they''d watch if they thought they were gonna lose.....people don't think the marlins can.
  • Reply 45 of 130
    So far, the ratings of the World Series have been highest when the Marlins are in the lead. Game 2 scored such low ratings because the Yankees took an early 1st inning lead.

Right now, the Marlins are up 1-0 going into the Bottom of the 3rd. Is anyone watching?
  • Reply 46 of 130
    yawn....fran, stop analyzing and just enjoy the ****ing world series.

anyways

yankees got a cheap run there, that should have been a strike on Posada.
  • Reply 47 of 130
    Quote:

yawn....fran, stop analyzing and just enjoy the ****ing world series.

I can't. Rain delay.
  • Reply 48 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

I can't. Rain delay.

stupid florida. i dont understand why so many people love it there...
  • Reply 49 of 130
    Matsui is the new mr. october
  • Reply 50 of 130
    How are the ratings in Japan for the WS?
  • Reply 51 of 130
    Probably higher than here.
  • Reply 52 of 130
    Dontrell Willis f*ckin sucks. Way to spoil what was a good pitching duel.

Yankees suck.
  • Reply 53 of 130
    poor clemens...

wait.

wait...

f*ck clemens.
  • Reply 54 of 130
    I hope Clemens stays in long enough for us to see him hit. Tagged for 3 runs in the first inning though? I don't know if it's going to happen.
  • Reply 55 of 130
    what is the deal with that first base umpire????!!!!!!!!

• Reply 56 of 130
    this is no way for him to go out

he gets too emotional.....its like how he was trying to get 300.
  • Reply 57 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

this is no way for him to go out

this is exactly how he needs to go out. that prick needs to go out in a blaze of shame.
  • Reply 58 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

this is exactly how he needs to go out. that prick needs to go out in a blaze of shame.

come on, even haters have to respect future hall of famers...im no big fan of him, but i would like to see his career, or anyone else's end on a highnote
  • Reply 59 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

come on, even haters have to respect future hall of famers...im no big fan of him, but i would like to see his career, or anyone else's end on a highnote

why? i dont care if he's going to the HOF. if someone's a terrible person, he doesn't get my respect. respect must be earned, and that doesn't come from being a good athlete alone. and i don't respect players/people that follow money over loyalty, part of why i despise so many of the yankees...
  • Reply 60 of 130
    Clemens got a hit. Then Soriano struck out and Jeter grounded into a double play. The entire time he was on base, we were hoping for the hidden ball trick, a hit and run, anything to keep it interesting.