Lack of Bidets in the USA....wtf?

Comments

• Reply 121 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

sorry to burst your bubble, but that's the nature of google ads... they change based off the keywords found on the page they reside. check out the google ads on the main forum pages or in different topics, and you'll see that they'll change based of significant words and phrases.

unfortunately, this can also lead to tasteless ads being displayed, such as ads for low airfares being displayed during discussions of plane hijackings and sept. 11th...

oh! ha ha, wow, didn't know that!
  • Reply 122 of 178
    Quote:

Thanks for the article, It was very interesting.

now that I think back to my stay in Japan, things start to make sense...

very interesting culture indeed, I suggest you all go to japan for vacation or something.

They also seem to hide their own identities, cause most people you meet and talk to seem to act the same.
  • Reply 123 of 178
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I thought bidets were just another means of aquatic entertainment... sort of like having Buckingham fountain in your bathroom. You mean people actually hang their butts over those things and....

...ewwwww!

(Carol - run away now, while there's still time.)

Hi Moogs -

No way! I can't believe this thread! Who would believe this conversation is actually taking place??!!

And I see under your post that 'eating feces' is addressed. hahahaha And to think I spent ten months on the history board, when I could have been here, engaging in such lively, spirited, informative discussion about various human 'crevices' and their care and maintenance. hehe.
  • Reply 124 of 178
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    maybe we should allow avatars in this thread. somehow they'd seem to fit right in.
  • Reply 125 of 178
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I told her... I told her to run... but she just - wouldn't - listen.

BTW, as much as I enjoy discussing the merits of dog poop pH, this thread started down the road to No Good hours ago.

yes, but this may be the FASTEST we have gotten this many posts without a huge future hardware rumor leak or large expo approaching... what does that say about our community?

ah. never mind.
  • Reply 126 of 178
    i am going to start taking bets on when toilet paper will come in the ultra quilted, moisturizer, and antibacterial variety.
  • Reply 127 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

i am going to start taking bets on when toilet paper will come in the ultra quilted, moisturizer, and antibacterial variety.

I just bought some the other day - quilted, with aloe.

Don't know about antibacterial, though.....
  • Reply 128 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I just bought some the other day - quilted, with aloe.

Don't know about antibacterial, though.....

the antibacterial is key... most dish soaps/body soaps for unknown reasons are antibacterial... it is a trend which stikes to the heart of the matter, how much do you trust scott paper?
  • Reply 129 of 178
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    How come this thread has gotten so long, and so fast? Anyone would think people are fascinated by things "restroom".....

For further reading on the subject, if absolutely necessary, you can always visit HERE!

• Reply 130 of 178
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    just what i want around someday for my kids.

• Reply 131 of 178
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

just what i want around someday for my kids.

I just spit coca cola all over my keyboard. You need a warning in front of something like that.
  • Reply 132 of 178
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

I just spit coca cola all over my keyboard.

unplug it and throw it in the washing machine.... err toilet

then let it dry with the integrated blower in the comfort seat
  • Reply 133 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Don´t you people bath after you have been to the toilet?

EEEEEeeewwwwwwwwwwww.

So what do you do when you have to take a shit in a public toilet or at work? Do you have a portable bidet like a squirt bottle or something?
  • Reply 134 of 178
    This is the longest thread that I've read the entirety of in a while. I'm not sure what that means.

I spent last semester in Europe. The only place I specifically remember encoutering bidets was in Italy. I knew what their basic purpose was, but, lacking a specific knowledge of exactly how one went about using one, I avoided trying them out.

Oh, and Carol, welcome to our twisted world.
  • Reply 135 of 178
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Reminds me of Crocodile Dundee's reaction to a bidet in a NYC Holiday Inn. If I hadn't seen that movie I might do the same thing! I mean really.

Quote:

it's all about timing. for example, i take a shower at nights because i have to be up early for college and want to wait til the last possible minute to get up. therefore, i "shit" (as you so eloquently put it) before my shower. so...the answer to your question usually is yes.

Exactly! I am particular about the order of things in this respect. Makes me feel like George Costanza about the whole bathroom thing. edit: Costanza is so peculiar about bathrooms, he knows the best public one in every building in NYC apparently, didn't use it once in India on that episode that went backwards, and put a phone and a refrigerator in to the handicapped one at one of his jobs. Now that's strange bathroom habits!

Hi Carol, welcome....I see you have a PowerBook G4 12" too...we're so compatible, any chance you think?

• Reply 136 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

This is the longest thread that I've read the entirety of in a while. I'm not sure what that means.

I spent last semester in Europe. The only place I specifically remember encoutering bidets was in Italy. I knew what their basic purpose was, but, lacking a specific knowledge of exactly how one went about using one, I avoided trying them out.

Oh, and Carol, welcome to our twisted world.

Hi Sledgehammer -

There was a bidet in my hotel room bathroom in Argentina. I didn't wash my socks in it (haha) because it was winter, nothing dried overnight, and I was traveling the next day.

I think I also remember seeing one in my hotel bathroom in Puerto Vallarta. I imagine that a lot of the finer establishments around the world probably have bidets, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for the welcome. I think your twisted world is a lot of fun!
  • Reply 137 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Reminds me of Crocodile Dundee's reaction to a bidet in a NYC Holiday Inn. If I hadn't seen that movie I might do the same thing! I mean really.

QUOTE]it's all about timing. for example, i take a shower at nights because i have to be up early for college and want to wait til the last possible minute to get up. therefore, i "shit" (as you so eloquently put it) before my shower. so...the answer to your question usually is yes.

>>Exactly! I am particular about the order of things in this respect. Makes me feel like George Costanza about the whole bathroom thing.

Hi Carol, welcome....I see you have a PowerBook G4 12" too...we're so compatible, any chance you think?
    [/QUOTE]<<

Hi Aquatic -

I must have missed that episode of Seinfeld. Does George do things in a particular and unvarying order, apparently?

And I remember Crocodile in the bathroom, but can't remember what he did with the bidet.....Don't tell me he washed his socks??? hehe. Yeah, I think he did, actually!

Don't you just love your Powerbook? Everything about it is of such high quality...so perfect, so lovely. I honestly think it's a work of art. And yes, I guess we just might be compatible. (Do you scuba dive, by any chance? I ask because of your name.)
  • Reply 138 of 178
    i think when george evacuated his bowels he found it necessary to remove his shirt.
  • Reply 139 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i think when george evacuated his bowels he found it necessary to remove his shirt.

Oh.
  • Reply 140 of 178
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Sometimes when you're lucky, you get a bidet effect from the toilet water if you get a nice splash. When that happens, I just skip wiping all together. It's clean.