countdown to new g5's...

Comments

• Reply 261 of 410
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Hey, tell me if I'm wrong but... listen, could that be the sound of peoples hopes being built up (again) only to have them dashed come the following Tuesday? Yes... I believe it is...

Sorry I had to say it...

Dave
  • Reply 262 of 410
    i'm banking on feb. 3.
  • Reply 263 of 410
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

Hey, tell me if I'm wrong but... listen, could that be the sound of peoples hopes being built up (again) only to have them dashed come the following Tuesday? Yes... I believe it is...

Sorry I had to say it...

Dave

<puts ear to keyboard>

Yep... that's what it is. I thought it sounded more like a rabid wombat munching on corn nuts. Let's just hope that if we go past mid feb, we will see 3 GHZ. <daydreaming>

Steve said "WITHIN" a year. I know he has already seen the 3+ Ghz... Message to SJ: We want em. I'll volunteer in Fishkill or the RAM factory in Malaysia... just tell me where to go...
  • Reply 264 of 410
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I just hope they get a Move on. I don't feel like waiting until WWDC to get a Dual 3GHz PowerMac.

Yea... the iPod/miniPod has our "groove on" - now we need a move on for RevB G5s.

*this reply in NO WAY endorsed by MoveOn.org*
  • Reply 265 of 410
    Disclaimer:

The above idea was posited based upon absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Any hopes raised and subsequently dashed are the sole responsibility of the hopee and not of this poster, Appleinsider Future Hardware, or its moderators.
  • Reply 266 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by neumac

Disclaimer:

The above idea was posited based upon absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Any hopes raised and subsequently dashed are the sole responsibility of the hopee and not of this poster, Appleinsider Future Hardware, or its moderators.

Yet, it is a tantalizing and sensible though. Here's hoping.
  • Reply 267 of 410
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

1/29/04

no i meant what will b out tomarrow(which is now today)
  • Reply 268 of 410
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

1/29/04

Wanna bet?
  • Reply 269 of 410
    yone got a new date for the release haha you bullshitters
  • Reply 270 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

yone got a new date for the release haha you bullshitters

is that too profane for AI? i'm dead serious i dont want to be in trouble or waht ever so just let me know
  • Reply 271 of 410
    well just go in and edit it. (click 'edit'). i dont think anybody cares though.
  • Reply 272 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

well just go in and edit it. (click 'edit'). i dont think anybody cares though.

i know i can edit but i didn't want to if i didn't have too.8)
  • Reply 273 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

Wanna bet?

Ok, tomorrow

In all seriousness, SOON!
  • Reply 274 of 410
    Quote:

Ok, tomorrow

In all seriousness, SOON!

whats your source?

or are you throwing darts in the dark
  • Reply 275 of 410
    Quote:

whats your source?

or are you throwing darts in the dark

I wouldnt consider what I say to be throwing darts in the dark, I am as informed or more so than most normal Mac users. I read the forums thoroughly each day, and draw my own conclusions based on assumption, history, and general consensus. Actually, that is practically what all rumor sites do, whenever they post "inside info" and claim it is so.

In any case, Powermac updates will be done in probably 3 weeks or less.
  • Reply 276 of 410
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

....if it's about money i don't consider a opteron or xeon workstation better bang for $ than a G5......

Interestingly, Pixar does.

Or did it buy that Xeon farm for some other reason?
  • Reply 277 of 410
    Quote:

I wouldnt consider what I say to be throwing darts in the dark, I am as informed or more so than most normal Mac users. I read the forums thoroughly each day, and draw my own conclusions based on assumption, history, and general consensus. Actually, that is practically what all rumor sites do, whenever they post "inside info" and claim it is so.

In any case, Powermac updates will be done in probably 3 weeks or less.

eh i guess.. it would be fun for a nice afordable G5 in the world any chance of that coming soon...even if it is iMac or eMac
  • Reply 278 of 410
    Quote:

eh i guess.. it would be fun for a nice afordable G5 in the world any chance of that coming soon...even if it is iMac or eMac

indeed!!!
  • Reply 279 of 410
    Quote:

I would say so, the introductory period of the G5 is over. Apple should have new PM's out soon that trounce the current low end Powermac, which would free up those formerly low end G5's at 1.6 to be put into iMacs across the board....plus, I would think that in itself would breathe tremendously new life into the iMac line.

As for the Powerbook? Even if you didnt ask for my opinion, here it is. Macworld Tokyo in March, that demographic LOVES gadgets and laptops...expect an iPod type deal there possibly too!

I sometimes wonder if the iPod mini's werent pre released because of anniversary hype, when infact it would have made more business sense to wait til they were available to ship and announce them infront of a crowd that would clammer for them.\
  • Reply 280 of 410
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jouster

Interestingly, Pixar does.

Or did it buy that Xeon farm for some other reason?

when? source? did apple have the G5 already by then?