How to make a G5 suck

Comments

• Reply 61 of 177
    My God, what an idiot! Some of these PC users are really the downfall of society. Sell the G5, who cares if your parents will be so hurt over it, I am sure they will live. ugh....
  • Reply 62 of 177
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    I decided this whole thing is a hoax. No one would do this. A rational person would sell the mac and buy a PC. this is, without a doubt, an attempt to ruffle the feathers of mac users.

i call shananigans!
  • Reply 63 of 177
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

i call shananigans!

I have to agree.
  • Reply 64 of 177
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yeah, I've been wondering that... the photos look real enough though.
  • Reply 65 of 177
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, that's why I said what I did in my post above. The photos do indeed look pretty real, BUT he just has that cloying, dumb-ass tone about him that sounds halfway put on and as if he's snickering to himself the entire time.

But I don't know...those photos are frighteningly real-looking.

• Reply 66 of 177
    Looks like the sites getting sore from all the constant /. affects.
  • Reply 67 of 177
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Dear. God. In. Heaven.

That is callous and disgusting. This kid is spoiled beyond belief.

If I were that kid's father, I'd take that computer away, set him on a paper route until he'd paid back the price of the G5, and then I'd tell him that if he wanted another computer he could work for it. He can do his homework on paper, or in the library if he needs to use a computer.

I'd say that it was unbelievable, but it is believable. Some people really are that ungrateful and that stupid.
  • Reply 68 of 177
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Yeah, I've been wondering that... the photos look real enough though.

In any case, the mother****er had to BUY the G5 though.8)
  • Reply 69 of 177
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i think they're actually real. no one who actually shelled out the money for a dual G5 is going to even pretend to do that to it, let alone go through with it.

i think it's real, which is why it made me feel ill.
  • Reply 70 of 177
    next up for this tool...

My parents bought me this 23" Apple Cinema Display, but I don't like flat panels,

so I ripped out the screen and stuck my POS 17" monochrome monitor in the hole.

Then I added these L33T UV blinkers to impress chicks and light my velvet elvis paintings.

He may, however, earn the distinction of owning the first G5 to get daily infections of Mydoom and the 71,000 other current viruses, trojans, and worms that the rest of OS X users will never worry about.

if ever there was a candidate page for webjacking and creative rewriting...
  • Reply 71 of 177
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

This has to be a hoax! Look at the pictures. The front of the case of a G5 is a cheese grater.

The front of the abomination is SOLID! And yet the screws holding the front panel appear to be the same. This is just to rile us all up!

Looks like a "near" perfect photoshop job to me.

BK
  • Reply 72 of 177
    Okay, let's see, Some AI forum Photoshop whiz, if you can recreate a similar morph, convincingly enough, then I'll believe it's a hoax.

edit, BK, the front IS NOT solid, look carefully, it's just a different angle, makes the grate look less defined, but you can see a bumpiness to it, and the perforations stop at the same point that they do on the above photo.

additionally, he has that photo of the fan seperated from the machine, AND if you look where he cut out the back for the ATX panel(dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!!!!!) you can see some sloppy cut marks
  • Reply 73 of 177
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Quote:

This has to be a hoax! Look at the pictures. The front of the case of a G5 is a cheese grater.

The front of the abomination is SOLID! And yet the screws holding the front panel appear to be the same. This is just to rile us all up!

Looks like a "near" perfect photoshop job to me.

BK

I dont think so, looks like the green light has caused a bit of glare that blured the image thats all.

Probably wasnt happy with his multi mega pixel digital camera, so he pulled out the CCD and replaced it with a web cam CCD so he can be ultra leet.

This kid needs a throttling.

If only we could find his parents email...
  • Reply 74 of 177
    Darn! I had myself half convinced that this wasn't true. Back to gut wrenching sullenness, I suppose.
  • Reply 75 of 177
    We should gather an angry mob of mac users and go pay this kid a visit...
  • Reply 76 of 177
    ...the horror...

/Marlon Brando in "Apocalypse Now"
  • Reply 77 of 177
    GAH!!!

I still can't believe someone would do something so stupid!
  • Reply 78 of 177
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

this is a socially inept spoiled brat.

my god. its not the case that bothers me so much as how his language about his parents and friend reveals how cruel he is.

only child?

Where's our Resident Psychologist when we need him?
  • Reply 79 of 177
    Definitely not a Photoshop pic. It is possible to shop that, but I'll take it for the real deal. As for the difference in the panel, as Wrong Robot said different lighting. Between the green idiot light and the removal of the heart and soul of the G5 the light is bouncing differently.
  • Reply 80 of 177
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

...This really does prove that PC users will be the death of us all someday....

Now HOLD ON there... check out this link:

http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

I'd love a G5... who wouldn't? Get off your high horses. We might use PCs but you better believe that we all think this kid is as much of a total moron as you guys do. Ha!