How to make a G5 suck

Comments

• Reply 121 of 177
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    While we're on that subject, the entire Perl team, the Python team and the Java team are all heavily or exclusively Mac users now. Macs are common in the NSA, the FBI, NASA (specifically, but not exclusively, the JPL), NIH, Los Alamos, etc. - places where music, graphics and such are in low demand, but reliability, security and adaptability and power are not.
  • Reply 122 of 177
    and of course roughly 95% of all the professional recording studios across the country
  • Reply 123 of 177
    I am a strict PC user, an amd 2500, win xp, the works, but i think this mod makes me sick, he makes all pc users look bad (no were not the devil, and we dont speak down about you guys like you do to us, and who the hell uses: d00dz??) anyway, what a little prick, and my parents know i use a pc, but if they got me a mac like that (never happen, nor with a pc) id cherish it, and love it, put linux on it and use wineX. that guy should have his computer repeatedly dipped in vaseline and lit with a flamethrower. not to mention his balls being ripped off.

PS: m4c 15 t3h suxx0rz h4h4 l01.
  • Reply 124 of 177
    rara Posts: 623member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amdguy

id cherish it, and love it, put linux on it and use wineX.

You're ignorant.

Sorry I'm in a pissy mood. Someone else will have to explain it to you.
  • Reply 125 of 177
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    What Ra means to say (but hes in a bad mood) is that you cant run x86 binaries on a G5, even with WineX.
  • Reply 126 of 177
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I'm sorry, I just don't get this.

Stand a chance? You say it like you're a friggin Borg. What does that mean? That by numbers you are superior and will conquer the Mac infidels?

Let's put this into perspective:

95% think that Bud Light is a beer.

95% think that Kraft MacN'Cheeze is a dinner food.

95% think that Inside Edition is a news show.

Hmmm. I guess I'm in the 5% then.

Does that make me an elitist? I don't know, really.

Am I happy I don't have a taste for Bud Light? Hell yes.

You don't get it Einstein because I am (1) Just Kidding and (2) Talking about sheer numbers as if it applied to an ARMY. Did you read my post? Did you read the post I was replying to? Perspective? 95% think Bud Light is a beer? Mac N' Cheese... Inside Edition? Listen sunshine... I agree. You ARE an elitist. However, I sip Stella Artois, nibble on Fois Gras, and don't watch TV unless it's on my 50" HDTV flat panel. I AM AN ELITIST... too. An elitist that reads posts properly. I also use M$ PCs. Snap out of your 'ifog'...

\
  • Reply 127 of 177
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jkink88

I also use M$ PCs. Snap out of your 'ifog'...

\

You're the one, after all, who's the PC user... on a MAC forum, remember? What are you proving by posting here? I think we are all in 100% agreement that that kid royally f'd up the G5.....

....you can leave now.
  • Reply 128 of 177
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    just 'cause he's a PC user here doesn't mean you have to get pissy with him. besides, one point his post should have made obvious is that if you want more Mac users, they're going to have to be former PC users. (myself included)

we just need to be selective. forget G5 mod boy, but some of these others guys just might give OSX a real shot if we aren't total pricks to them.
  • Reply 129 of 177
    jedijedi Posts: 5member
    Guys, it's fake. Check out the main site again. He admitted he had only got a G5 shell and did to shock one of his Mac user friends.

It's really pointless for Mac guys to bash PC users and vice versa. It's really just a matter of choice of interface and gaming preference these days.

Personally, I still have my first Mac (and old LC with 6mb of RAM and 40MB HD) and it's still in use. But I long ago switch over to the PC world because in the end, it was cheaper, faster (for what I wanted to do mind you), and I really don't like Aqua. But to each their own.

I wouldn't turn down a free G5 though
  • Reply 130 of 177
    hey what do ya know, it WAS a hoax, well, that's just a doozy \
  • Reply 131 of 177
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JEDI

Guys, it's fake. Check out the main site again. He admitted he had only got a G5 shell and did to shock one of his Mac user friends.

Still. He DEFILED THE HOLY SANCTUM OF THE SACRED MACINTOSH! HE MUST SUFFER DEATH BY STONING!

Well, given the reaction he got, I'll raise a glass to him. Best troll I've seen in years.
  • Reply 132 of 177
    Best practical joke of 2004 so far!

The guy suure had me fooled

On the other hand, I almost got emotional by the sincere and truly honest nausea expressed by the worldwide Mac community.

• Reply 133 of 177
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Another articulate, joy-to-read and "I wish I could write like that" post by amorph back at the bottom of page 3.

Good one! Passionate and pro-Mac, without being a screaming loon.

I'm locked out of AppleOutsider, but I think I'll nominate amorph as Member of the Year, if it's not too late.
  • Reply 134 of 177
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Or he's trying to save his ass by making the "joke" thing up. How the hell would a "buddy" get an empty G5 case, anyway?

I think the fake story is fake.

• Reply 135 of 177
    G5, G-schmive...look what some goon did to an iMac!

• Reply 136 of 177
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    That's nasty.

What I'd like to see is a G5 aquarium. It would look killer with that huge side panel opening... stick some big piranhas in there or something.
  • Reply 137 of 177
    Yeah, I've seen on redlightrunner.com where you can buy empty jellybean iMac shells to use an aquarium (and don't think I haven't considered a tangerine one!), but yes...someone should make a cool replica G5 case to put little iFishies in.
  • Reply 138 of 177
    I'm sure that some of the things that get said here would be read by many PC users (and sometimes many of us) as foolish and self-incriminating, So it should be no surprise to me to find posts like the following (from a thread on the same topic at http://www.sharkyforums.com) on other message boards.

Quote:

He know what he's doing. He's not going to wait for software that not going to come.

That some funny sh t in the Mac forum, most off them probably cry their eyes out.

& for the few Mac fanatics that are on here, go play with the G5 before saying how good they are. Sloooooowwww is how I'll discripted it.

But it still makes me laugh... ("discripted;" because only dumb people use words that they haven't made up on their own )
  • Reply 139 of 177
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

That's nasty.

What I'd like to see is a G5 aquarium. It would look killer with that huge side panel opening... stick some big piranhas in there or something.

except for the fact that the G5 case is 35% perforated, of course.

a real pain to keep the water level up with those damn gratings spilling it all out.
  • Reply 140 of 177
    I also agree, that was an excellent post by Amorph. I didn't know a lot of those things about OSX and I'm glad I do now, soulds like OSX and Linux are in the same ballpark, with windoze sucking as usual. For anyone that might still be using windows, I would recommend a mac, a switch to linux, or just deleting the entire contents of your HDD now because windows is terrible.