iPod mini, mass appeal or not?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 104
    Just returned from the Apple Store in Towne Center, Boca Raton. Got there at 5 PM to take a look at the iPod minis put on display. I was going to buy the blue one, but the green looked absolutely beautiful. Of all the colors it was the only one that seemed to glow. Sooooooo. I got on line. There were two people in front of me. By 6 PM there were about 100 on line. As we entered we told what color we wanted and they gave us a slip of paper to give to the cashier. They only had 4 green so I bought the first one I guess. They had 200 units in all. A woman about 4 people behind me bought 4 minis. One very exciting thing about the line..... about 1/3 were PC users! The guy in front of me had a Dell. That is terrific news for Apple. They will probably run out of minis by closing tonight. More are supposed to arrive by Monday. The little fella is charging now.
  • Reply 42 of 104
    It's beginning...
  • Reply 43 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

It's beginning...

Awsome, I cant wait to get my hands on one.
  • Reply 44 of 104
    Crap. It sounds like the local Apple Store's will be sold out before I have a chance of picking one up. Guess I'll just have to be a little more patient.
  • Reply 45 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by k squared

Crap. It sounds like the local Apple Store's will be sold out before I have a chance of picking one up. Guess I'll just have to be a little more patient.

More shipments are supposed to arrive by Monday.
  • Reply 46 of 104
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Palo Alto had more than enough for the people lined up at 6 PM.
  • Reply 47 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by k squared

Don't forget to check other stores like Guitar Center,CompUSA and maybe Target, they all carry the new mini.
  • Reply 48 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Palo Alto had more than enough for the people lined up at 6 PM.

Really, you saw this? Definately a sell out?
  • Reply 49 of 104
    Quote:

Really, you saw this? Definately a sell out?

Huh? I just said they had MORE than enough...boxes upon boxes. In other words, they neither sold out, nor did they have much of a line by the time I left at 6:45.

They didn't close the store prior to 6 PM either like they usually do. Ron Johnson and at least one other Apple VIP (short-ish blonde woman) was there. The local NBC affiliate, KNTV-11, was doing a live report during the 6:00 news. Not sure if they'll repeat the segment at 11:00.
  • Reply 50 of 104
    That is interesting, I wonder if executives usually show up to product launches?
  • Reply 51 of 104
    Quote:

That is interesting, I wonder if executives usually show up to product launches?

Ron Johnson shows up to most of the local store launches.

At the Panther launch event, I went to the Burlingame store, so I saw nobody.

Jobs, Tevanian, Rubinstein, Johnson, Bereskin, Schiller and quite a few others were at the Palo Alto store for the Jaguar launch party.
  • Reply 52 of 104
    Wow, so Jobs was just shaking hands with the public? That's pretty cool, hopefully you got to say hi.
  • Reply 53 of 104
    Ya its pretty nice when a guy like Steve Jobs takes time out of his life to go to a major event like that and interact with people. Its not everyday a CEO would do that.
  • Reply 54 of 104
    Lime green!!

iPod mini Pic Album

Fellows and yes the mini's are amazing Great work Apple!
  • Reply 55 of 104
    ***CONFIRMED***

iPod mini better than garlic powder.
  • Reply 56 of 104
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    I went to the Walnut Creek Apple store to check out the little buggers...

Tell you what, the iPod just got replaced by the iPod mini. The iPod feels like a outdated monster next to the mini. The iPod mini is sweeeeeeeet! From form factor, to size, to the feel and placement of the controls. PERFECT!
  • Reply 57 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

I went to the Walnut Creek Apple store to check out the little buggers...

Tell you what, the iPod just got replaced by the iPod mini. The iPod feels like a outdated monster next to the mini. The iPod mini is sweeeeeeeet! From form factor, to size, to the feel and placement of the controls. PERFECT!

I know! I hate it!
  • Reply 58 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I know! I hate it!

• Reply 59 of 104
    OK, I just picked up a mini and it's very nice. But one thing bugs me: when I eject it the screen keeps flashing the 'OK to disconnect' message. My iPod, on the other hand, switches to the iPod menu. Anyone else notice this?
  • Reply 60 of 104
    Quote:

goober, this is why no one likes you, if you really thought I was being serious you need to get your head checked, I don't have a problem with you, so don't go starting a fire where there needs not be.

Now, as a favor to you, I will explain my post. I have a 20 GB iPod 3rd generation, compared to the iPod mini, my iPod looks like a beast, the iPod mini is too awesome for it's own good, so my post was a playful jab at it in the sense that I hate it because it makes my iPod much less cool. you savvy?