iPod mini, mass appeal or not?

Comments

• Reply 61 of 104
    I was not able to discern all of that from your post, sorry.
  • Reply 62 of 104
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Then you have no business using words like "discern".
  • Reply 63 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

I was not able to discern all of that from your post, sorry.

Understand I have no animosity towards you, but the reason people give you a hard time is because of naivete like that, again(I'm not the first person to alert you to this) look at the name of this site appleinsider only a supreme apple nerds reside here, and as such, the people on these boards(for the most part) are not out to defame apple or their products, unlike many other boards where you are likely to get lots of ignorant and annoying posts from PC-centric types whenever you mention apple. You really shouldn't be so defensive about this stuff here.

dig?

Preaching to the choir has been brought up with you many times before, we know you love macs, so do we, we wouldn't be here otherwise, there are very few members here that would ever switch to PCs no matter how much they may be disappointed with apple, ebb and flow ya know?

Just chill out, and you'll be fine. that's the story of the internet.

[/soapbox
  • Reply 64 of 104
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    "There's a watch!"

"There's a chapstick!"

"There's a pack of gum"

(Some of Macintosh's more perceptive moments )

I did enjoy the other video- even if it was a bit overdone.
  • Reply 65 of 104
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Beat it, kid. Get back to AO where you belong...it's an election year, for crying out loud.

• Reply 66 of 104
    One of these looks huge and like a tank, the other slim and sophisticated.

You decide

Fellows
  • Reply 67 of 104
    ... and only one can hold a decent amount of music, and display album info.

• Reply 68 of 104
    You mean album title? I'm sure Apple will address that in a future update.
  • Reply 69 of 104
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    My thoughts on the iPod mini's future.

1) The colors need to be refreshed every now and then.

2) The previous colors should remain available for a limited time. (Apple Store Online only)

3) Click-wheel and end-cap color options. White is nice, but people should be able to combine shitty colors if they want...like a pink iPod mini shell with green click-wheel and black end-caps. (Apple Store Online only)

Personally, I'd dig a stark white iPod mini.
  • Reply 70 of 104
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yep, that's pretty much what I was wishing for the other day: IMO, the PERFECT iPod would be one with the mini's size/shape and the regular iPod's skin. Small and glossy white/chrome.

With about 20GB and full, normal iPod functionality (album listing, etc.)
  • Reply 71 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Yep, that's pretty much what I was wishing for the other day: IMO, the PERFECT iPod would be one with the mini's size/shape and the regular iPod's skin. Small and glossy white/chrome.

With about 20GB and full, normal iPod functionality (album listing, etc.)

My wife wants one.

This is pretty much the equivalent of Steve Ballmer admitting that he runs OS X and linux on his office computer.
  • Reply 72 of 104
    I'm so torn, would I be an idiot if i traded my $400 iPod for a mini?
  • Reply 73 of 104
    No, you would just be cooler.
  • Reply 74 of 104
    No, you would be a sheep.

Keep your larger iPod, you'll miss the storage size in no time. Start packing away some cash so you can *add* the iPod Mini to your Stash O' Gear.

The iPod Mini is a great "second" iPod.

• Reply 75 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

No, you would be a sheep.

Keep your larger iPod, you'll miss the storage size in no time. Start packing away some cash so you can *add* the iPod Mini to your Stash O' Gear.

The iPod Mini is a great "second" iPod.

ditto...or baaaa

as soon as i find out that the mini is better for jogging, i will buy one and still keep my 3G iPod for long trips, as a portable HD and whatnot...the iPod mini would then be my number one, daily use iPod...but only if it doesn't freeze after 15 minutes of my spastic jogging style

g
  • Reply 76 of 104
    I'm telling you man, there is nothing inherent in the mini's design that would lead it to be any better for jogging, the only thing it has is the arm strap, which may or may not help your 'spastic jogging style'
  • Reply 77 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I'm telling you man, there is nothing inherent in the mini's design that would lead it to be any better for jogging, the only thing it has is the arm strap, which may or may not help your 'spastic jogging style'

The inherent thing would be the design(mini is its name), and being able to place it into the arm band. I jogged with both, I jog every day, I know there is a huge difference. I am not saying this to be confrontational or mean or a jerk to WW, but the mini is way better to run with. Thanks.
  • Reply 78 of 104
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    My girlfriend likes the pink one, of course.

I think that color will have mass-appeal.
  • Reply 79 of 104
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

My girlfriend likes the pink one, of course.

I think that color will have mass-appeal.

I got the sense that silver was the last to run out over the weekend, followed closely by pink. First to go were blue, green, gold. Had to go to 5 stores until I found my gorgeous little gold number. Goes with everything!

More annoying, however, was turning up at the gym Mon night, thinking I was too cool for words. I saw about six others dammit around the gym. I didn't even have one day where I thought I was ahead of the curve!

Ya know, the only thing that makes this hard is that you know that they'll be at 10 gig in the not too distant future, with included doc and remote.

But damn, this thing feels good. Nice one apple
  • Reply 80 of 104
    Apple reportedly shipped more silver then any other color to the stores. Most of the smaller ones only received a handful of gold, pink and green along with blue and silver.