AI member awards

Comments

• Reply 61 of 178
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Well...there is Neo, and Carol...and I know there are like two other women who post here rather regularly, but we now have somewhere in the area of 14,500 guys and 4 girls registered to AI.

However, PS and quagmire arguing like a bunch of 14 year olds...wait...

uhhh, or everyone in AO who argues like a bunch of old ladies, that kinda pisses me off. I say we just give it to everyone who acts like a dill hole in AO.

AO is sophisticated to compared to many forums. Check out http://www.fark.com comments if you want to see a bunch of dill holes. AO is sophisticato comparatively
  • Reply 62 of 178
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

As many people say, " As a person gets older( in this case more posts) the wiser he will get." As I remember my very first posts were hororable. Now with more posts I got a little wiser and a little more cautious.

Posting more doesn't make you smarter. Actually, for you, I would recommend going back to lurking for a while till you get the hang of this place.

Some of the best posters on AI (Sir Mac O' the Aisles comes to mind) have very few posts, only 125 or so in a few years. And some of the worst posters (I'll withhold names here) have thousands.

Just tread lightly, and use all the power you can muster from that 14 year old brain. And for everyone's sake, turn on the spell checker in Safari, and please, TRY to use correct grammar and spelling.

I wonder what Applenut would have to say about this?
  • Reply 63 of 178
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

As I remember my very first posts were hororable. Now with more posts I got a little wiser and a little more cautious.

Yea dude.. you came in here as a real bombthrower toward anyone who disagreed with your (somewhat warped) view of the Mac world. If we can just keep the assassination threads and user conspiracy theories to a minimum, things will really start to look up there in Potomac.
  • Reply 64 of 178
    Quote:

I wonder what Applenut would have to say about this?

Probably something mindless and vulgar that would sit around the evolutionary level of trilobite farting.

Of all the people we've had to "bounce", he was the most worthwhile. Too full of himself with nothing to really back it up besides his reminders that he spent a summer at Stanford (I taught there for a summer, it ain't hard - the regular semesters are where it counts), that he is a supposed badass from "Brooklyn", and that he is supposedly some hotshot baseball player.

I was never really amused or taken by him. If I stood alone on that, he'd still be here. It wasn't just Jonathan that wanted him ousted either, a number of people never wanted him made a moderator.

Right, so to keep it on topic, I guess applenut can have a posthumous award: The "and stay out" award
  • Reply 65 of 178
    I'll admit, I wasn't around here long enough to get to know Applenut all that well. I know he was well liked and respected by a lot of members of this community, but I also know that there were a lot of people who didn't care much for him too. He had his friends and his enemies, as does anyone, but he seemed to have more enemies than the average AIer. He also frequented heated political discussions in AO, and no doubt lost some friends/made some enemies there.

He never seemed to be a big fan of newbies, and I was just that, so I always steered clear of him. I never had a personal problem with him though. That's why I was wondering what he would have to say about all this, cause he had little tolerance for newbies and "stupid people" (IMO). That's just how I remember him, others may have different view points. I joined in August of last year (2003), so I was around to know him for a few months before things really went south. So I'll just take your word for it and award Applenut the "and stay out" award.

But it still makes me wonder... \

Edited because I'm wicked dumb.
  • Reply 66 of 178
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Edited because I'm wicked dumb.

Well, at least it wasn't because you were OWNED in a wrestling match.
  • Reply 67 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Well, at least it wasn't because you were OWNED in a wrestling match.

So so true. But I think you and I are the only ones who get that, haha.

I'm not really wicked dumb, but I clicked the "Submit Reply" button right in the middle of a thought...not sure why I did that, so I chalked it up to dumbness. Do I get an award for that too?

• Reply 68 of 178
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Well...there is Neo, and Carol...and I know there are like two other women who post here rather regularly, but we now have somewhere in the area of 14,500 guys and 4 girls registered to AI.

Seven, 7, how many times do I have to tell you people. Oh OK. 5 girls and 2 women. Actually, I think it's 6 girls and 2 women now but I'm not sure 'cause you know names can be deceiving.

Anyway, I know who the "being a girl" award should go to but for diplomatic reasons I'm not going to say (but let's just say it isn't one of the females).

Gotta go hide now. If Carol sees this post, I'm in deep shit.

(Shit I just realised there's another one. NINE, 9 god the place is being positively overrun).
  • Reply 69 of 178
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Chester, are you a girl/woman? I actually thought you WERE, based on some posts. Apologies if you're not.

And I don't mean that in any jerky way. I genuinely thought you were a woman, just going by things you've said and how you said them.

I'm a guy, by the way. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • Reply 70 of 178
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Damn, LoCash...don't hold back, tell us what's really on your mind. I hadn't even realized that Mr. 'nut was gone until I read your chirpy post.

The one person I genuinely miss - and would like to know about - I can't seem to...

Just hope she's doing okay...
  • Reply 71 of 178
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    talking about a former admin pscates? if so, no one has heard anything. which means she likely moved on one way or another.
  • Reply 72 of 178
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    which is infinitely sad...she was a witty beautiful soul...

g
  • Reply 73 of 178
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    LoCash is just angry. He's the winner of the Still Bitter About Having My Ass Handed To Me Award. applenut did the serving.

• Reply 74 of 178
    He was an asshole before and after that. Murray may hand my ass to me, but not some schmuck from Brooklyn I don't even know.
  • Reply 75 of 178
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    for those who resort to name calling and personal bashing in political threads, and sales pitches for their crap on ebay I say we need a "flamer of the month award"...er...uh better re-think the title
  • Reply 76 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

for those who resort to name calling and personal bashing in political threads, and sales pitches for their crap on ebay I say we need a "flamer of the month award"...er...uh better re-think the title

No, that's good. It works on so many levels.

I say we use that one.
  • Reply 77 of 178
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

He was an asshole before and after that. Murray may hand my ass to me, but not some schmuck from Brooklyn I don't even know.

Hey hey hey! applenut was from the Bronx. Dump on the Bronx all you want, but you say one bad thing about Brooklyn and I'll drive up to Bean Town and kick your ass.

• Reply 78 of 178
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Chester, are you a girl/woman?

Hang on let me check.....

Well I'll be damned! How did I ever miss that! And those

No wonder I've never been able to find underpants that fit quite right.

Apologies all. Correction 10 females. Woohoo double figures!
  • Reply 79 of 178
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    well thanks for all the advice for posting, as a young scholar of AI i will use all of the things i hear from anyone in my persuit of supreme apple knowledge
  • Reply 80 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

well thanks for all the advice for posting, as a young scholar of AI i will use all of the things i hear from anyone in my persuit of supreme apple knowledge

Good, maybe we'll give you the "Smartest Noob Award". Someone who actually tries to be intelligent...what a concept. Thanks for all the effort, now go make friends with quagmire and teach him how to use that brain of his.