Mac OS X 10.4 build 8A414 surfaces

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Actually I think it would be better for Tiger to be released before WWDC so everyone at the sessions can be working with the final release of Tiger.

I can see an announcement at NAB, but not a release.

Remember that the developers at the Dev convention will already have an actual final release candidate, if not a GM itself (a few will), so an actual earlier release doesn't have any effect on them at the show. Also, at the sessions, Apple will be using final versions (if it is ready).

The only difference for most developers is that it will be packaged.

With my Photoshop testing, the last release I receive is essentially the same as the released version.
  • Reply 122 of 127
    Well, now that Insider has declared that there is a GM with bugs, we'll see.
  • Reply 123 of 127
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Well, now that Insider has declared that there is a GM with bugs, we'll see.

Sounds like you're hedging your bets by saying that the only way apple could release it this early would be by not properly debuging it.

The GM always has bugs, thousands of them.
  • Reply 124 of 127
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Sounds like you're hedging your bets by saying that the only way apple could release it this early would be by not properly debuging it.

The GM always has bugs, thousands of them.

I know that. But this is the first time that I've seen a report that baldly states it. And you're stating it as though it's different, but the GM is the release.

I'm not hedging my bets. I still don't think it's going to be announced today.

Anyway, it's now 12:26 p.m. and it's not here.
  • Reply 125 of 127
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I wonder if they'll release the version with or without the debugging symbols?
  • Reply 126 of 127
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    I wonder if this might be a clue to Tigers soon release.

Usually Apple sends out an ADC mailing every month to those that are either select, premier or student ADC members. These people usually get new OS'es when they are released as well.

As this page lists:

http://developer.apple.com/membership/mailing.html

There was mailings for January on the 23rd of December, for February on the 31st of January and for Mach on the 22nd of February.

But there are no mailings in Mach for April at all... This seems strange as. in my experience, the mailings are usually sent out at the end of the month. Maybe they want to wait with the april mailing to include Tiger in it ?

Just a thought...

.:BoeManE:.
  • Reply 127 of 127
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bubba451

Ah, so it doesn't work in a completely new way!