Macworld San Francisco 2007

Comments

• Reply 201 of 256
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

I think he means whatever crazy DRM Zune uses...

That would be WMZ

Windows Media Zune

(yes I just came up with that )
  • Reply 202 of 256
    Ok, I get the intel transistion and all, BUT:

There was more going on at Apple besides the Intel switch. Seeing as a totally new product (admit it, they've only been updates, revisions) has yet to surface, isn't it ample time to release something completely new on the Mac end of things?

The Mac Mini was released in MW2005. Does anyone know how long before that it took before a new Mac was released?

Yeah, there's a pretty perfect product line, because Apple hasn't changed it. Admit it, there's room for something new!

In hindsight, two years isn't that long, but it can be a decade in computer years.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 203 of 256
    I wouldn't mind seeing an (unlikely) Mid Range (unlikely again, yes I'm driving this point home) Headless Mac if they released a new (UNLIKELY) Cube. I found the introduction for the G4 Cube on a website full of Apple videos, and after seeing the design, the utter brilliance in it, I immediatly wanted one.

Sebastian
  • Reply 204 of 256
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Logic Pro 8 please.

• Reply 205 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

Logic Pro 8 please.

Likely not until a seperate, Audio Trade Show or something.. ^_^;

Sebastian
  • Reply 206 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing an (unlikely) Mid Range (unlikely again, yes I'm driving this point home) Headless Mac if they released a new (UNLIKELY) Cube. I found the introduction for the G4 Cube on a website full of Apple videos, and after seeing the design, the utter brilliance in it, I immediatly wanted one.

Sebastian

Is this the website you mentioned?
  • Reply 207 of 256
    The ability to import Mpeg 2 Streams into iDvd, or iMovie without re-encoding to DV!!!!! Then I wouldn't need toast or another program (CAPTY DVD) to burn my EyeTV movies to DVD. Even mpeg 4's get re-encoded, or downcoded to mpeg 2 and I would rather just keep it at mpeg 2. Windows can do it built in so how come Mac can't???
  • Reply 208 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

Is this the website you mentioned?

Yep, that's it. I don't have Quicktime Pro so I had Firefox download them for me.

Sebastian
  • Reply 209 of 256
    Would it be dumb to buy a Core 2 Duo Macbook now?

I don't think they are going to drop in price just because of MWSF.

Yeah?
  • Reply 210 of 256
    Quote:

Yeah?

I have a Macbook Core 2 Duo now and Love it. You can wait or your can not wait, but what is out now, rocks. In 4-6 months, I expect Apple may update it again and make it 10x better then my current Macbook. I won't care though, and I doubt anyone who buys one now will care all that deeply. Then again, maybe I'm weird, but if we allow ourselves to wait and wait until we cannot wait any longer because something better is around the corner, then we'll never buy anything new.

Sebastian
  • Reply 211 of 256
    Quote:

Yeah?

I just bought a BlackBook; it seems unlikely to me that Apple will drop its prices--per all reports, they appear to be selling quite well, so there shouldn't be any real need to drop prices.
  • Reply 212 of 256
    Quote:

Yeah?

I would buy a MacBook when Leopard is shipping if I were you.
  • Reply 213 of 256
    *Predicto* thing (do a forum search, if you aren't familiar)-

MBP with MXM and socketed processor.

iWork update to include all the functionality of ClarisWorks.

a Surprise.
  • Reply 214 of 256
    Quote:

Yeah?

There is a chance of a 15-inch MacBook being released. They may drive prices of existing models down a little. If Sony and Toshiba can offer a sub-$1,200 15.4-inch widescreen notebook with lots of RAM and SuperDrive burning capabilities, why cannot Apple? I think it's frickin' ridiculous that Apple's 15-inch laptop starts at $2,000. I HOPE that Apple will fill this void very soon.
  • Reply 215 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

There is a chance of a 15-inch MacBook being released. They may drive prices of existing models down a little. If Sony and Toshiba can offer a sub-$1,200 15.4-inch widescreen notebook with lots of RAM and SuperDrive burning capabilities, why cannot Apple? I think it's frickin' ridiculous that Apple's 15-inch laptop starts at $2,000. I HOPE that Apple will fill this void very soon.

Because anything running Windows is worthless.

Sebastian
  • Reply 216 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

I think it's frickin' ridiculous that Apple's 15-inch laptop starts at $2,000. I HOPE that Apple will fill this void very soon.

Amen to that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn View Post

*Predicto* thing (do a forum search, if you aren't familiar)-

MBP with MXM and socketed processor.

iWork update to include all the functionality of ClarisWorks.

a Surprise.

What do you mean?
  • Reply 217 of 256
    Quote:

Yeah?

Yes, I think it would be dumb to buy a MacBook now, or any model that comes with iLife because if you wait until after MWSF2007 then you will get the newest version.
  • Reply 218 of 256
    They've been banned in Europe from early this year and think they're not selling them in the US anymore.

I'm expecting a new smaller sized iSight that can be clipped to a Flatscreen TV so you can iChat with people using iTV.
  • Reply 219 of 256
    I agree with iWork and a Surprise, but I don't think there will ever be a socket processor in a MBP (or MB), because that requires more space and more airflow.
  • Reply 220 of 256
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    I'm waiting for at least ILife '07, and maybe until Leopard ships, to buy my new Macbook Pro. It sucks playing the waiting game.