Macworld San Francisco 2007

Comments

• Reply 141 of 256
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i want to know about the secret stuff SJ is holding back as part of leopard, he said so, then it has to be BIG maybe macphone intergration with leopard or something that this forum hasn't mentioned. what could be part of an OS that big and special???
  • Reply 142 of 256
    the thing is SOMEONE will pipe up and say... look at a post i made its (always NEARLY, but not quite) EXACTLY what apple have done.

this last week ive been hankering for the temporary insanity forum

another What-apples-iphone-TV-remote-pod-pro-server-will-be-called-as-long-as-its-BLACK-cos-thats-the-only-thing-i-can-imagine thread and i will be sick.
  • Reply 143 of 256
    19 days 8)

edit: yeah bring on the Temporary Insanity!!!
  • Reply 144 of 256
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    another What-apples-iphone-TV-remote-pod-pro-server-will-be-called-as-long-as-its-BLACK-cos-thats-the-only-thing-i-can-imagine thread

brill.

does it come in black?
  • Reply 145 of 256
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    ooops double post!
  • Reply 146 of 256
    nceencee Posts: 858member
    I just wish they'd come out with this stuff… before the end of the tax year

I'm likely to buy a new 3.0 G5 and 30" monitor on the 28th - 29th, just so I can take advantage of the tax write off.

Wish list??

1) That damn widescreen iPod…

2) That damn iPone, Smart phone or what ever they are going to call it…

3) That damn digital camera…

4) That damn tablet…

5) That damn - secret - cool device
  • Reply 147 of 256
    6. That damn no-limit, no-interest credit card to pay for it all.

7. Better yet, that damn rich aunt who can't remember I not a kid anymore and keeps buying me all the toys I want.
  • Reply 148 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

19 days 8)

edit: yeah bring on the Temporary Insanity!!!

No, common now. You've got to wait for 10 days prior to start freaking out.
  • Reply 149 of 256
    i wanna One Black Friday sales every 6 months if possible every quarter 8) ...

oh yeah 18 days to GO!
  • Reply 150 of 256
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

30" iMac with Conroe Quad Core will be insane

and call it as iMac Pro!

not sure whether 24" iMac is selling well or not ...

F* that if Jobs is a real man he'll bring on the 50" iMac! And finally we may see a G5 Powerbook!
  • Reply 151 of 256
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

I just wish they'd come out with this stuff… before the end of the tax year

Wish list??

3) That damn digital camera…

Man, seriously why do you need an Apple digital camera?

Isn't out there anything you like? It's such a saturate market with so many great and cool cameras at low prices to every budget. SLR's, point and shoot, you name it.

I just don't understand why people want Apple so badly to enter in the consumer electronic market. Let's keep low profile there and make sure Apple focusing on what it does best: computer hardware and software.

The last thing I want is Apple to become Sony.
  • Reply 152 of 256
    It wasn't all that long ago I got a letter from Apple's legal department asking me to "Back-off"! (I had sent in some suggestions / ideas for new Mac's.

They had folks who came up with new ideas, and didn't need any help from me? and if I continued to go down this path? they would deal with me.

Skip

PS So that's why nothing more in the predictions department

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

You're not very thorough in your analsys are ye?

Random... but OK. Here is the thing, Apple can't have a product overload, so while it's possible they may eventually make "iCameras" in the future, I highly doubt this one and it DEFINITLY won't be at Macworld, 1) It's a Mac event and 2) Product Overload.

Sadly you are about 100% accurate with this.

I highly doubt this one showing up at Macworld as well, but recent rumors seem to point to that, then again, those are just rumors. You didn't say much about this though and your posting of it makes no sense. You started to say something then you went into a Long side note and forgot to get back to it.

Microsoft will not get much of a stronghold and I highly doubt Apple will brush them off like they did before (and lost all of their Personal Computer Marketshare at it) and outright murder the Zune. People are asking far too much in this thing though, Touch Screen/Bezel/Widescreen etc. Avoiding all of that, and maybe adding a Wider screen, here is a conservitive suggestion: a built in Camera for quick snapshots (and they wouldn't have to make an iCamera )

A New Macbook (Pro) is more likely then not and as for that "little something" (are you trying to avoid making a real prediction?) well look towards the Mac Mini. Apple's current Mac Lineup is fine the way it is, they just need to add Core 2 Duo and drop the price of the Mini. An updated Mac Pro could also be in the cards, but an updated Mac Mini is much more likely.

iLife 07 and iWork 07 for sure. .Mac maybe, and just for the hell of it, Aperture 2.0 (I'm not serious about that last one) and (hopefully, it wouldn't be a Mac without Mac OS X of course so...) Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Didn't Steve say this was a sure thing? Or did he just say more details in the Spring because I'm pretty sure he said Macworld.... ???

Agreed, I'm still waiting for Macworld so I can finally buy iWork (recently bought my Mac and avoided iWork just for this reason, but NeoOffice needs to be dropped from my Macs HDD and that likely won't happen until Office for Mac )

You are entitled to it, but it's no fun if you don't make real predictions.

Sebastian

• Reply 153 of 256
    [You are right, it was something I heard some time back?

I have 2 camera's I'm not sure if Apple could make better (so it would be tough for me to invest in one from them)

Olympus C8080

Nikon D200

Skip

QUOTE=gugy;1011758]Man, seriously why do you need an Apple digital camera?

Isn't out there anything you like? It's such a saturate market with so many great and cool cameras at low prices to every budget. SLR's, point and shoot, you name it.

I just don't understand why people want Apple so badly to enter in the consumer electronic market. Let's keep low profile there and make sure Apple focusing on what it does best: computer hardware and software.

The last thing I want is Apple to become Sony.[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 154 of 256
    Apple has too little experience to enter the camera market where other companies have done years upon years of research, tweaking, experimenting, etc. I can't see anything new Apple has to bring to the table. If they did make a camera, they would have to make it compatible with Nikon AND Canon lenses to make it viable for anyone to consider. And adding Minolta lens compatibility wouldn't hurt.
  • Reply 155 of 256
  • Reply 156 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dancm2000 View Post

http://www.electronista.com/articles...g.apple.phone/

real or best mock up ever?

It's doesn't look real, and it's IMO not the best ever mock up. Sorry.

But what is this business about, "Setup note: This board should"...?

Just some lame mockupy trying to make people believe it is real?

And besides, there is nothing faster than pressing a button. The touch pad would be useful for quick-writing/handwriting, not dialing phone numbers. And look at the iPod... even the iPod has buttons. And you expect the iPhone to not have buttons?
  • Reply 157 of 256
    The more interesting image would be this one (Bastards stole the basics of my idea):

Image is from aMobileMe
  • Reply 158 of 256
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    i was missing Jog Dial (Sony Ericsson P800) loooong time ...

it will be great with iPod Phone with click wheel ... then scroll through address book (contact list) will be done easily ...
  • Reply 159 of 256
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    iMac Pro 24"

--------------

CPU - Conroe/Xeon UP (Dual/Quad Core)

2GB RAM

256 MB High End Graphic Card

250 GB HDD 7200 RPM

Alu Display

$1999

(cooling system ???)

iMac Pro 30"

--------------

CPU - Conroe/Xeon UP (Dual/Quad Core)

2GB RAM

512 MB High Graphic Card

500 GB HDD 7200 RPM

Alu Display

$2499

(cooling system ???)

way to change GPU, HDD and CPU as well

----------------------------------------------------

No tower, no Cube, no Mid tower ...
  • Reply 160 of 256
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Electric Monk View Post

The more interesting image would be this one (Bastards stole the basics of my idea):

Image is from aMobileMe

If this were real it would have been removed with a C&D letter by Apple. I dunno, maybe it is just me but the interface seems a bit complicated.

Also note how dark the image is? Perhaps this was to hide the flaws in the mockup