Apple to host Mac event next Tuesday

Comments

• Reply 141 of 564
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=00&p0=224

mini countdown, some can make widget for this mini count down? i have not learn yet (how to make widget)

this is the IMPORTANT mac event for 2007 (atleast in terms of hardware)
  • Reply 142 of 564
    ijayijay Posts: 57member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

I sort of like this one.

OH MY GOD YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?
  • Reply 143 of 564
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

I sort of like this one.

It they made the back computer black and then base out of metal it would be pretty nice. Also the stand should have some slant to it and the screen should bend more. If only it was multi-touch

dude, not to understate your efforts, thats not so good!

not to reinvent the well designed working model

Alu LCD + iMac internal = new iMac

only thing can be done with existing Alu LCD height adjustment, other than that it ROCKS!
  • Reply 144 of 564
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJay View Post

you have less than 800 posts and it says registered user on your tagline

That's why I asked how he got his tagline CHANGED. In case you haven't noticed, the default is Registered User, somehow he customized his while only having 86 posts...
  • Reply 145 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Except that it will ship without Leopard installed.

It's feasible that it might ship with Leopard, assuming either the iMac ships late or Leopard ship early.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Not to say that it is, however from the picture, how can anybody be so certain that it has?
    • Razor-sharp upper corners

I'm looking and I see perfect 90-degree angles...

Quote:
    • Is not on the same 3d plane: the keyboard could have been placed in front and stood perpendicular on the desktop in front of the screen.

Then its shadow is messed up... nor is it reflecting off the surface like the Mac Pro above it. Speaking of that reflection, the Mac Pro's is white, while the unit is red.

Quote:
    • Is not shipping with Leopard: depends on the shipping dates of both

See above.

Quote:
    • No iSight: seems that the pic shows otherwise

There's a tiny mark where the iSight should be, but it in no way resembles the current iSight. The only way a camera with a lens that size would work is if it was 0.3 MP.

Quote:
    • No matching keyboard: Why not? This is not a packaging photo.

If you weren't worried about the continuity of this photo, you wouldn't have justified the keyboard orientation. Since you did, let's assume this is a packaging photo. The keyboard still does not match.

Quote:
    • Is butt-ugly. Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think my sister-in-law's husband is a ugly as a chewed boot. Unfortunately, she isn't into fine leathers.

If your sister-in-law's husband resembles a chewed boot, that iMac resembles

-Clive
  • Reply 146 of 564
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Was that picture ever purported to be an actual picture? I thought it was just supposed to be a mock-up that someone did. And if so, why are people going to the trouble of debunking it?
  • Reply 147 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Was that picture ever purported to be an actual picture? I thought it was just supposed to be a mock-up that someone did. And if so, why are people going to the trouble of debunking it?

If no one had any inside infor about what the unit would look like, why would he/she go through the trouble of making a crappy mock-up?

That "iMac" is begging to be slammed.

-Clive
  • Reply 148 of 564
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

If your sister-in-law's husband resembles a chewed boot, that iMac resembles

-Clive

Is this thing real?
  • Reply 149 of 564
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

It's feasible that it might ship with Leopard, assuming either the iMac ships late or Leopard ship early.

That's true.

But this new iMac is being introduced August 7th.

Leopard is being released sometime in October, likely late October, if Apple goes by "tradition".

That's way too much time for them to be convolved together.

I can't see why Apple would announce October, and then release in August. I also can't see Apple announcing early August, and then waiting until September.
  • Reply 150 of 564
    I realize that many of you Mac nutjobs feel that Apple can do no wrong, but the iPhone was released way too early, and it shows. It crashed my Vista machine due to a KNOWN problem with syncing photos, the Safari browser crashes constantly, and the email application is a useless piece of garbage. I've been debating whether to buy the new iMac immediately, or wait until the new O/S arrives. After my experience with the iPhone, I'm thinking I'll wait, but not until the new O/S comes out; I'm going to wait 6 months until the bugs are truly worked out of the O/S. Apple bit a little too much off to get all this done at once, and it shows. You little wankers, wearing your 7 for all mankind jeans and mock turtlenecks, dialing away on your iphones and waiting for the new brushed aluminum iMacs need to GET A LIFE. Apple is just like Microsoft, just with better marketing.
  • Reply 151 of 564
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Is this thing real?

It's a hairless Chinese Crested. =)
  • Reply 152 of 564
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bayaryaan View Post

You little wankers, wearing your 7 for all mankind jeans and mock turtlenecks, dialing away on your iphones and waiting for the new brushed aluminum iMacs need to GET A LIFE. Apple is just like Microsoft, just with better marketing.

Welcome?
  • Reply 153 of 564
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

The only glass composite is fiberglass, and there is no transparent fiberglass. Even fiberglass is too flexible to be made so thin.

Umm not true at all. Fibreglass is a glass composite, but not the only one and a rudimentary one at that. Glass composites have come a long way since fibreglass, in fact, fibreglass has come a long way over the years. Glass is often mixed with ceramics, silicone, borosilicate, carbon, aramid and other materials to create very strong substances. Glass fibre reinforced plastics are also very advanced and cost effective to produce.
  • Reply 154 of 564
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bayaryaan View Post

nutjobs Vista garbage wankers Microsoft

PMT?
  • Reply 155 of 564
    kendokakendoka Posts: 110member
    >the same venue used for the introduction of the Intel-based Mac mini and iPod Hi-Fi last February.

>Once again, seating is said to be extremely limited.

I.e. way to small event to introduce a new iMac, an iPhone Mini, or a phone add on for iPods

Don't expect too much, Steve will probably just show off an updated Mac, a new iLife or iWork revision, or an iPhone gadget.

Big things will come - but not yet.

Prediction:

APPL drops to <$130 (buy!) after the tuesday event (because of overreacting analysts) - but reaching a new all time high mid-september, an Apple-split in february followed by the stocks breaking the $100 (sell!) barrier spring 08.
  • Reply 156 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kendoka View Post

>the same venue used for the introduction of the Intel-based Mac mini and iPod Hi-Fi last February.

>Once again, seating is said to be extremely limited.

I.e. way to small event to introduce a new iMac, an iPhone Mini, or a phone add on for iPods

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Apple introducted the iPod at Apple Town Hall.

And what? You expect them to rent out a convension center to update an iMac? Not gonna happen.

-Clive
  • Reply 157 of 564
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Umm not true at all. Fibreglass is a glass composite, but not the only one and a rudimentary one at that. Glass composites have come a long way since fibreglass, in fact, fibreglass has come a long way over the years. Glass is often mixed with ceramics, silicone, borosilicate, carbon, aramid and other materials to create very strong substances. Glass fibre reinforced plastics are also very advanced and cost effective to produce.

There are no transparent glass composites.

But, fiberglass normally refers to just a couple of composites. That with glass fibers and epoxy, and that with glass fibers and polyester. Anything else is much more expensive.

Translucent, yes. Strong, yes. Nothing within the cost frame of an iMac is translucent, strong, and rigid enough to duplicate the illustration, which is, after all, what we were talking about.

Other designs that are more structurally sound could use transparent material. Nothing prevents that. I could design a strong foot myself, but what would be the point?

Apple will do what they want to.
  • Reply 158 of 564
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

If no one had any inside infor about what the unit would look like, why would he/she go through the trouble of making a crappy mock-up?

Because they're bored and felt like it and it's kind of a tradition for Mac-related rumors?

Quote:

That "iMac" is begging to be slammed.

Yes, but not argued to be fake when it wasn't ever purported to be real.
  • Reply 159 of 564
    Quote:

Not to say that it is, however from the picture, how can anybody be so certain that it has?
    • Razor-sharp upper corners

• Is not on the same 3d plane: the keyboard could have been placed in front and stood perpendicular on the desktop in front of the screen. However, I do think the screen is much too small in relation to the keyboard if the screen is supposed to be 20" or larger

• Is not shipping with Leopard: depends on the shipping dates of both

• No iSight: seems that the pic shows otherwise

• No matching keyboard: Why not? This is not a packaging photo.

• Is butt-ugly. Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think my sister-in-law's husband is a ugly as a chewed boot. Unfortunately, she isn't into fine leathers.

I think that the above is irrelevant. Fact is, the picture is just plain ugly. Not a hope that the iMac is going to look like that.
  • Reply 160 of 564
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

OMG, can't you control yourself???

Based on "Li'l Bird's" track record: there will be nothing announced on Tuesday.
    4 and 20 li'l birds baked in a pie

I'm bloody sick and tired of your obtuse rhymes

say what you're gonna say or just go away

and stop wasting everyone's time.

Mmmk?

Seconded.