Never too early for MWSF predictions....

Comments

• Reply 121 of 186
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    23 days to go, any count down widgets for this year?
  • Reply 122 of 186
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    So that means it will probably be about 24 days until i order a new alienware.
  • Reply 123 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

23 days to go, any count down widgets for this year?

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashb...countdown.html

Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

So that means it will probably be about 24 days until i order a new alienware.

Hey, if you want Dell's new girlfriend, go for it. I prefer Apple and I'm sure many present would have a similar affection towards Apple, but I guess that comment made about as much sense as me going to an Alienware-focused site and letting everybody know that I am getting an Apple...
  • Reply 124 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaEsperanza View Post

Hey, if you want Dell's new girlfriend, go for it. I prefer Apple and I'm sure many present would have a similar affection towards Apple, but I guess that comment made about as much sense as me going to an Alienware-focused site and letting everybody know that I am getting an Apple...

Hey, did I say I wanted an Alienware? Maybe this comment means so little to you because your new to this site and don't know the history of our conversations very well.
  • Reply 125 of 186
    Quote:

thanks for the widget
  • Reply 126 of 186
    Quote:

Hey, did I say I wanted an Alienware? Maybe this comment means so little to you because your new to this site and don't know the history of our conversations very well.

cool everyone here know what you are talking about, happy holidays
  • Reply 127 of 186
    Quote:

cool everyone here know what you are talking about, happy holidays

Just to clarify in case anyone didn't understand what we are on about. Every year I wait to see if Apple comes out with a Mac Pro that is competitive with the leaders on the PC side, Alienware and BOXX. Needless to say it has been a while, and I'm ready to buy a new computer. So I wait for MacWorld once again. I am under the impression that Apple isn't interested in making computers that scream past the competition anymore, and I'll know in 24 days. I've already spec'd out my 2nd Alienware that could easily be a Mac Pro if Apple doesn't get skimpy on me. We'll see.

Happy Holidays to all.
  • Reply 128 of 186
    Quote:

Just to clarify in case anyone didn't understand what we are on about. Every year I wait to see if Apple comes out with a Mac Pro that is competitive with the leaders on the PC side, Alienware and BOXX. Needless to say it has been a while, and I'm ready to buy a new computer. So I wait for MacWorld once again. I am under the impression that Apple isn't interested in making computers that scream past the competition anymore, and I'll know in 24 days. I've already spec'd out my 2nd Alienware that could easily be a Mac Pro if Apple doesn't get skimpy on me. We'll see.

Happy Holidays to all.

the mac pro was competitive when it came out but apple is acting like the g4 / g5 days and is not keeping up with new tech and now that they are on x86 they should be.
  • Reply 129 of 186
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

the mac pro was competitive when it came out but apple is acting like the g4 / g5 days and is not keeping up with new tech and now that they are on x86 they should be.

Reminiscing about the good old days and remember when we used to blame the long update times on Apple products on the chip maker(s). Other than the Two 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon [Add $1498] addition, the Mac Pro lineup is the same as it was 497 days ago. Same prices too. Ah yes, the good old days.
  • Reply 130 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

Which is why I didn't buy one last time I was looking at new computers. I bought an Alienware and I've been pretty happy with it's performance. It was a PowerMac/Mac Pro Killer when I got it. Graphics wise it's still superior. I could easily upgrade the AMD Processors but I'd like to go intel. They are dominating.
  • Reply 131 of 186
    Quote:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=00&p0=224

there is a 10 hours difference in this widger, it is late by 10 hours

on another note,

usually steve's note is 10AM rite?

http://www.macworldexpo.com/node/13480
  • Reply 132 of 186
  • Reply 133 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Name101 View Post

. I dont want to be bothered to deal with this.

I wonder, is nintendo will take sides for movie support? that could turn the tide?

~Name101

I'm with you. At this point I don't give a crap who wins as long as someone wins and it is over with, because I don't a ton of expendable cash to waist on an HD format that might loose.

As far as Nintendo is concerned, I doubt they will even weigh in on this. The Wii has been out half the amount of time the XBOX360 has and has already outsold it. They don't need to weigh in. They are sitting about as pretty as they could hope for.
  • Reply 134 of 186
    Well with 3 weeks to go, we are really still quite in the dark with what's coming...even with the speculation on the 13" MacBook thin nothing's for sure....
  • Reply 135 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

Well with 3 weeks to go, we are really still quite in the dark with what's coming...even with the speculation on the 13" MacBook thin nothing's for sure....

And Steve-O just loves it that way. I hope his highlight speech doesn't turn out to be Mac-less like last January.
  • Reply 136 of 186
    i think entire macbook line expanded like what they did with iPod line, if it is old apple they may axed the iPod classic all together.

i guess there will be plenty in the offering in notebook segment and surprises will be in the desktop (if any )

and just 20 days and 23 hours and 43 mins to go
  • Reply 137 of 186
    I know it would be safe to say they will announce some innovative new gadget that will get Steve on CNN. I am a bit jaded in terms of desktops announced at MacWorld anymore, but here's to hoping.
  • Reply 138 of 186
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

i think entire macbook line expanded like what they did with iPod line, if it is old apple they may axed the iPod classic all together.

i guess there will be plenty in the offering in notebook segment and surprises will be in the desktop (if any )

and just 20 days and 23 hours and 43 mins to go

All those folks who want to axe the iPod Classic might note that the option to enable disc use for and other older G iPods is not available with the Touch.
  • Reply 139 of 186
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

All those folks who want to axe the iPod Classic might note that the option to enable disc use for and other older G iPods is not available with the Touch.

At least not yet. I'm really hoping that Apple resolves this and some other issues real soon for the iPod Touch and iPhone. If they don't have these things resolved by the ime the debut the SDK I will have lost a lot of confidence in Apple.

Things like the Touch are great in that they deliver new technology to the user. However taking away long standing features just doesn't cut it with me.

dave
  • Reply 140 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

And Steve-O just loves it that way. I hope his highlight speech doesn't turn out to be Mac-less like last January.

Yeah, considering in years past, we were told what was coming as early as November. This year, everything seems extremely sketchy, although all signs point to notebooks being the star of this year's show.