Comments

• Reply 161 of 384
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 162 of 384
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skipthedog69 View Post

Font is very thin. Something in the air, meaning... light weight. Definitely ultra-portable is coming.

I am thinking the same. Apple is going to redefine the 13", 15" and 17" portable by getting rid of the slot loading optical drive (Combo Drive and Superdrive) in favour of extra battery and Flash memory. At home you will be able to connect a drive to your portable.

The new macbook will be in aluminum as well. The only difference being a white apple for the macbook and a black apple logo for the 15" and 17" macbook pro. This way their portables will blend with their desktop counterparts.

Owmygod, can't wait
  • Reply 163 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celsior View Post

Perhaps it's a sign that Apple is buying Adobe, which happens to publish the Myriad Pro family of fonts. Just a hunch, or a coincidence.

The font they used was Myriad Set, a typeface made specifically for Apple, they've been using it for years.
  • Reply 164 of 384
    so, it could mean 5 things...

1. Because the font is thinner that might mean a thin notebook (but how realistic is that...)

2. Something 3G in the air

3. WiFi Sharing for iPhone/AirPort users

4. Nothing

5. Apple TV home media server accessible from iPhone
  • Reply 165 of 384
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post

I too agree-I personally love .mac. Especially since iPhoto '08 arrived I love .mac even more!

It's way over priced.
  • Reply 166 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

It's way over priced.

It's hard to make that judgement as no other service directly compares, .Mac integrates with OS X so much.
  • Reply 167 of 384
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

It's hard to make that judgement as no other service directly compares, .Mac integrates with OS X so much.

It's easy to make that judgement when I have almost all the features that .mac offers for FREE.

It's not hard if you look for them. Don't for get it's not only a $100 purchase.

It's a reoccurring service every year. $500 for 5 years? Get real!

I love Mac OS X but .mac is for suckers.
  • Reply 168 of 384
    Really? Wow! Show me where i can sync photos from within iPhoto to a stunningly beautiful web gallery with 10GB of storage for free! Show me how i can do the same from within iWeb for free. Show me how to do Back to My Mac for free.

.Mac integrates so well because its made by the people that make the friggin OS.
  • Reply 169 of 384
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WIJG View Post

Apple TV is going to be upgraded to include a Blu-Ray drive that will stream to your computer so you can watch the movie on your monitor! Just plug it in to your flat screen in your living room or den and watch it in your home office.

For the last time, Apple will not put a Blu-Ray drive in the Apple TV, since the quality would surpass that of the rental service Apple is going to debut.

Apple is not stupid enough to spend millions launching iTunes Movie Rentals and then undercut the download service by having customers say that discs are better.
  • Reply 170 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by confirmed View Post

as far as i know, there's no national provider with a fully built wimax network as of yet. Sprint is the only one i know of who has plans to go national this year, but currently they only cover Chicago, Baltimore, and D.C., and that only launched this past week.

WiMax is something to look forward to in 2009, right now, it's just too early.

(edit: sorry iPhelim, i didn't notice you were in the UK, i didn't mean to ignore the world outside the US, but let's be honest, Apple wouldn't release something that wasn't ready for use in the US.)

AFAIK there's no spectrum available for WiMax in the UK. Pipex (a broadband company) bought up spectrum a while back and trialled it in Milton Keynes but to roll it out nationally it'd take a huge act of regulation to get everyone to co-operate. The UK isn't like the US where everything is spaced out and interference and WiMax don't get on.
  • Reply 171 of 384
    I wonder if I am the only one to see a desktop screen with a pair of QT files behind the iPhone calling screen????

Maybe something on your Mac (eg in LA) will be accessible from your iPhone via wireless/cellular network in Paris???

Maybe??????

• Reply 172 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus View Post

I wonder if I am the only one to see a desktop screen with a pair of QT files behind the iPhone calling screen????

Maybe something on your Mac (eg in LA) will be accessible from your iPhone via wireless/cellular network in Paris???

Maybe??????

An all new collection of 20", 24" and 30" cinema displays that connect with your laptop without using any wires. That would be great as now I am losing 1 USB, 1 Firewire and some other port just to connect my 20" screen to my 12" Powerbook.

Hell yeah! Ultraportables and new cinema displays! That really would make my day
  • Reply 173 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus View Post

Maybe??????

As to cyrusthevirus, I am afraid it is only the reflection of the window of a bus on the iPhone calling screen picture
  • Reply 174 of 384
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    Not sure whats going on with that iPhone display. does look like the iPhone screen has shifted down with a part of a Mac desktop above it. So these things are an LCD in a box? Has the display crashed?
  • Reply 175 of 384
    Look guys its kinda obvious..... Something in the air refers to wireless(think we already hammered that out). So what would happen if Apple releases our "macbook air"(people have no imagination)--completly wireless, right? Wireless internet, wireless usb, wireless sound(i guess\), and Wireless power. But well, were's it going to get all that? From the new AIRPORT EXTREME! Its gonna be redesigned so its more of an extension of your desk. Its a base station for all the needs of the new 'book. just set it down and start working. ya gotta put the pieces togeather.... 10 bucks says it has an ipod/iphone dock on it!

Wadja think?
  • Reply 176 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techfreak85 View Post

Look guys its kinda obvious..... Something in the air refers to wireless(think we already hammered that out). So what would happen if Apple releases our "macbook air"(people have no imagination)--completly wireless, right? Wireless internet, wireless usb, wireless sound(i guess\), and Wireless power. But well, were's it going to get all that? From the new AIRPORT EXTREME! Its gonna be redesigned so its more of an extension of your desk. Its a base station for all the needs of the new 'book. just set it down and start working. ya gotta put the pieces togeather.... 10 bucks says it has an ipod/iphone dock on it!

Wadja think?

Exellent point! Imagine: all the cables going into a Airport Base Station (3.5mm audio jack, USB stuff, built in iPod dock... and even DVI). That'd be really great! Combine that with a Bluetooth Might Mouse (or perhaps a new WiFi MM? ) and all you've got on your MacBook is an occasional MagSafe. (What the hell are you talking about with wireless power?! There's no such thing, except for an experimental lighting of a lightbulb!)
  • Reply 177 of 384
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

Really? Wow! Show me where i can sync photos from within iPhoto to a stunningly beautiful web gallery with 10GB of storage for free! Show me how i can do the same from within iWeb for free. Show me how to do Back to My Mac for free.

How is any of the above "free"?

• Reply 178 of 384
    Please note the colour of Apple's logo. ALUMINUM!

That simply MUST mean an aluminum MacBook. Everything Apple (except the MacBook) is aluminum. It's high time to update the consumer laptop to standard, right?

Hopefully with LED lighting in both 13" and 17" screens...

• Reply 179 of 384
    Apple quote there is something in the air really makes me think it has something to do with wireless.

Maybe its the wireless time machine setting that most people has been waiting for.
  • Reply 180 of 384
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by casper3 View Post

(What the hell are you talking about with wireless power?! There's no such thing, except for an experimental lighting of a lightbulb!)

There's resonance power coupling in existing products like the Sonicare toothbrush.

For computers, it's been extended by

http://www.ecoupled.com/

to Herman Miller office furniture:

http://www.asteriskvoipnews.com/wire...s_charger.html

It's not hard to imagine iPods coupling to other Apple equipment wirelessly for

both power and data, though this seems like overkill.