Apple says Steve Jobs feeling a little under the weather recently

Comments

• Reply 21 of 224
    This man is sick. Compared to January this year. You don't loose that much weight in 4 months, unless something is really wrong. Boy and I hope I'm wrong.
  • Reply 22 of 224
    mimicmimic Posts: 72member
    Hope you get well soon.
  • Reply 23 of 224
    solarsolar Posts: 84member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by makesense View Post

.also noticed a warmer praise of his team than ever before (coincidence?)

That didn't seem too out of the ordinary to me. It seems he usually says something similar at any major product announcement. It' didn't seem warmer to me, and I've watched pretty much every keynote he's given for the last 10 years.

He is looking very frail though.

Maybe Balmer sent out someone with a polonium mister a couple weeks ago..
  • Reply 24 of 224
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:

Specifically, the Wall Street Journal points to a headline on the Drudge Report that read "Concern over Apple Steve Jobs?s physical appearance?,? which linked to photos of the chief executive without further comment.

This sentence alone should have been enough to kill the article, but no.... Drudge Report as a credible source. Are they kidding?
  • Reply 25 of 224
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

This sentence alone should have been enough to kill the article, but no.... Drudge Report as a credible source. Are they kidding?

Drudge doesn't matter, what matters is what we saw with our own eyes.
  • Reply 26 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiMiC View Post

Hope you get well soon.

When I watched the address, I though he looked thin but disregarded it because I know he's a runner. But after looking at the photos and the history of pancreatic cancer, I am very worried about him. I'd never heard of curable pancreatic cancer until I read the story about him. It's usually rapidly fatal. All of the previous points made about the change in management, the prevalence of others at the keynote make me even more suspicious. If something happens to him, you can kiss all the great, close to perfect future apple products goodbye. A little bit of excellence will leave all of our lives and we will get more mediocrity. I selfishly hope he's fine.
  • Reply 27 of 224
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluesplayer View Post

When I watched the address, I though he looked thin but disregarded it because I know he's a runner. But after looking at the photos and the history of pancreatic cancer, I am very worried about him. I'd never heard of curable pancreatic cancer until I read the story about him. It's usually rapidly fatal. All of the previous points made about the change in management, the prevalence of others at the keynote make me even more suspicious. If something happens to him, you can kiss all the great, close to perfect future apple products goodbye. A little bit of excellence will leave all of our lives and we will get more mediocrity. I selfishly hope he's fine.

Agreed.
  • Reply 28 of 224
    smokeonitsmokeonit Posts: 268member
    i wish mr. jobs all the best and IF he got to fight cancer again all the stength in the world to be able to fight it off...

i agree that he looked very bad and that he lost a lot of weight since his last WWDC appearance.... there's many reasons why lost that much weight, but since it's not just a little weight loss it looks severe in his case...

anyways, get well and hopefully it nothing serious!!!!
  • Reply 29 of 224
    ouraganouragan Posts: 437member
    Quote:

Responding to questions on the matter Tuesday, a spokesperson for the Cupertino-based electronics maker told the financial paper that Jobs has been plagued by a "common bug" in recent weeks, but that he felt it essential to make good on delivering the opening keynote address at the annual Apple developer conference and personally take the wraps off the company's new 3G iPhone.

If you are to believe the word of an official spokesperson, you are a greater fool than I thought.

This reminds me of former Soviet rulers who would die from "a common cold".

By the way, Steve Jobs has accomplished any mission the Apple board of directors may have given him. After Mac OS X, version 10.5 Leopard, the Intel transition, the iPod, and the iPhone, Steve Jobs has accomplished all that he could ever do for Apple in nearly 11 years, an unusually long tenure for any CEO.

It's time for another leader, this time with a university education, to emerge and do so much better than Steve Jobs could ever do:

- make Apple designs to be practical, instead of anorexic, e.g. allow user replaceable batteries on iPods and iPhones, place a desktop CPU in the iMac, a desktop computer, etc.;

- make Apple products competitive in the market place by cutting down prices by $300 to $500 on computers;

- licence Mac OS X to all major computer manufacturers with an obligation to install it on a minimum of 25% of the computers they sell;

- cut down executive compensation to a maximum of $15 millions per year and abolish the billion dollar stock option programs created for Steve Jobs and his Vice-Presidents who will no longer have to keep silent about Steve Jobs' many character and health failings.

Doing just that would relaunch Apple and allow it to reach a 30% market share.

After nearly 11 years as a CEO, it's time for Steve Jobs to go and sail in the sunset. Bye, bye, Steve.

• Reply 30 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solar View Post

Maybe Balmer sent out someone with a polonium mister a couple weeks ago..

if you knew how the people died that were poisoned by the putin secret police state people you wouldn't make jokes like that... i think it's one of the worst deaths out there, it's like rotting from the inside, slowly, a VERY painful death... i hope putin and the ones responsible will have to face justice for what they did to those people one day!!!
  • Reply 31 of 224
    801801 Posts: 271member
    You know, besides being ill, running a Major corporation takes a hit on you physically. The stress alone is devastating. I think we gotta get him on N2N and give him a major vacation.

And a few milkshakes a day wouldn't hurt.
  • Reply 32 of 224
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    [QUOTE=AppleInsider;1263202]Apple has responded to concerns spreading across internet blogs regarding the health of Steve Jobs?/QUOTE]

"Concerns?"

If most of the bloggers expressed well wishes rather than grabbing shovels, I would agree.

For a lot of you, I am glad you didn't tell my mom-in-law how terrible she looked as she combatted her illness.

Get well Steve. And I say this not just because you've made my day, again, and again.
  • Reply 33 of 224
    I think he looked pretty good just a little thin. A sign of the times when someone looks like they could run 10 miles and not have a coronary and everyone worries about him. Maybe we ( I ) need to push back from the buffet table once in a while.
  • Reply 34 of 224
    To be honest I thought he looked a LOT healthier than Phil Shiller. now THERES a man that could stand to lose some weight. actually when I watched the keynote it was him that I took note of.

From my perspective America has adjusted to being fat, anyone who looks a little under weight is now seen as skeletal. sad really.

I mean no offense.

Steves cancer may return, but lets worry about that WHEN it happens, cancer is an obnoxious fact of life, it takes and robs enough time and energy when its THERE, lets not waste any time on it while it ISNT. it really is unworthy of any thought while its away.

believe me I know.
  • Reply 35 of 224
    Be it as it may, Apple has to be prepared for the inevitable: Life without the great and charismatic Steve Jobs. He's not exactly a young buck in his 20's with or without a cancer condition.

I know Steve Jobs is the man many times over but Apple has to have a post Steve Jobs plan.
  • Reply 36 of 224
    i disagree with you... i think the best CEO's out there are self tought non-university degree types... mostly people that attended university but didn't graduate, but left early to take a chance and pursue their ideas their way....

i think apple needs someone that puts the same emphasis on design, functionality and ease of use before price and that sort of things... what sets steve jobs apart is his willingness to take risks and to only compromise if it is really necessary...

i think apple has some people in the company that could replace him... if someone unrelated to apple would take the CEO job, worst case someone that has no taste design-wise, apple will go down the drain as it did in the 90's...

apple has has huge successes in the last years, but it can go the opposite direction very fast if someone like scully would take over...

i'd rather see jonathan ives take over the CEO job than someone that knows about financials...

innovation is key to the survival for apple, they need to continue to rival M$ as hard as they can, take away business clients at a high rate... what they're doing right now, to integrate M$ exchange support is very important. this could very well be a revolution in the making in terms of percentage in the business market... if companies like SAP and oracle start to release osX native apps it would also help tremendously to win over business clients...
  • Reply 37 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ouragan View Post

It's time for another leader, this time with a university education, to emerge and do so much better than Steve Jobs could ever do:

In my days of simply lurking on this forum, I read any number of ouragan's tirades about how Steve Jobs didn't deserve his success because he was "the illegitimate child of an unwed mother and a Syrian father," and because he "didn't have the persistence or moral fiber to complete a university education." (Like Bill Gates did, for example?) I've almost been motivated to reply on several occasions, if only to say how offended I am by these arguments, but I usually just say to myself: "Well, everybody's entitled to their opinion."

However: saying that kind of thing on this particular thread is at least bad taste....
  • Reply 38 of 224
    He did look really thin.
  • Reply 39 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

To be honest I thought he looked a LOT healthier than Phil Shiller. now THERES a man that could stand to lose some weight. actually when I watched the keynote it was him that I took note of.

From my perspective America has adjusted to being fat, anyone who looks a little under weight is now seen as skeletal. sad really.

I mean no offense.

Steves cancer may return, but lets worry about that WHEN it happens, cancer is an obnoxious fact of life, it takes and robs enough time and energy when its THERE, lets not waste any time on it while it ISNT. it really is unworthy of any thought while its away.

believe me I know.

i'm very thin myself, i have nothing against that... i think what people here noticed is his dramatic weight loss... not the thinness itself...!!!

of course schiller could lose weight! his heart would thank him a thousand times... that much overweight will cost him 10 years of his life in the long run.... it's always better to be too thin than to be too fat!!!!
  • Reply 40 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

In my days of simply lurking on this forum, I read any number of ouragan's tirades about how Steve Jobs didn't deserve his success because he was "the illegitimate child of an unwed mother and a Syrian father," and because he "didn't have the persistence or moral fiber to complete a university education." (Like Bill Gates did, for example?) I've almost been motivated to reply on several occasions, if only to say how offended I am by these arguments, but I usually just say to myself: "Well, everybody's entitled to their opinion."

However: saying that kind of thing on this particular thread is at least bad taste....

i couldn't agree more!!! thank you!!!