Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.7, Safari 3.2.3 & 4.0 beta update

Comments

• Reply 41 of 145
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Just bizarre results like 1 euro equals .134 euros. How could they let it out the door with such wacky behavior?

Hey, man! Don't blame Apple on this! It's the exchange rates these days you know
  • Reply 42 of 145
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,913member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lorre View Post

So they didn't fix the Mail sound issue? I suppose my experience in the coming days will tell me that...

I wasn't aware there was a mail sound issue. Mine works fine....
  • Reply 43 of 145
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I wasn't aware there was a mail sound issue. Mine works fine....

I had this problem, too. If you have a personalized sound that is not on the list the sound won't always play.
  • Reply 44 of 145
    gumashowgumashow Posts: 70member
    Hey just a heads up -- Safari 3.2.3 is included in the 10.5.7 Update and not "separately" as you have on the AI site as quoted below. I just did software update and my Safari was updated without me doing anything other than the 10.5.7 update.

"Separately, Apple on Tuesday also released Safari 3.2.3, which addresses security issues with the web browser. The update is available as a 40MB download for Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard, a 26.29MB download for Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger, and a 19.69 download for Windows XP and Vista."trhe
  • Reply 45 of 145
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LE Studios View Post

I'm downloading now! Damn this is huge and slow! I let you know if compatible with Safari 4 Beta!

You should be prompted (after installing 10.5.7), to install or re-install the Safari beta. It worked fine after that for me.
  • Reply 46 of 145
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Updated fine here, everything running smoothly. Then again I've never had any issues at all with any OS X update.
  • Reply 47 of 145
    christopher126christopher126 Posts: 4,366member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by random bob, a.r.c. View Post

squeak squeak

• Reply 48 of 145
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I wonder if this will fix the colour shifting issue with the new 24" LED Cinema Displays, or if indeed they are all faulty?
  • Reply 49 of 145
    oakieoakie Posts: 35member
    saft got borked for me after the update.
  • Reply 50 of 145
    Energy Saver icon in System Prefs finally got changed to the twisty fluorescent bulb version.
  • Reply 51 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Energy Saver icon in System Prefs finally got changed to the twisty fluorescent bulb version.

Not for me it didn't.
  • Reply 52 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oakie View Post

saft and smart scroll both got borked for me after the update.

My Safari hacks were all okay as was AdBlocker.
  • Reply 53 of 145
    gregoriusmgregoriusm Posts: 517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

No twisty fluorescent bulb icon for me. Everything else went smoothly. I guess the upgrade knows I don't have any fluorescent bulbs in the place. he he
  • Reply 54 of 145
    w1fskw1fsk Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tyrihans View Post

Cannot install OS update (10.5.7) because Software Update is not able to identify Apple (checksum error) as the originator

???

Same thing with my two new Macbooks and one new MacMini...wonder vas ist los?
  • Reply 55 of 145
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Anyone used the updated Safari 4.0 enough to tell if the excruciating slowdown bug is gone? I like S4, but it got so bogged down so fast I had to abandon it to retun to Firefox 3.
  • Reply 56 of 145
    bregaladbregalad Posts: 816member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I had this problem, too. If you have a personalized sound that is not on the list the sound won't always play.

It's worse than that for me. I often get the "no mail" sound even when I've received 10 new messages. I simply cannot trust it.
  • Reply 57 of 145
    jumperjumper Posts: 34member
    Anyone else getting an error downloading the update. It gets downloaded but stops with a error message:

"The digital signature for this package is incorrect. The package may have been tampered with or corrupted since being signed by ?Apple?."

Any clues??????
  • Reply 58 of 145
    Hi droogs,

My mini updated to 10.5.7 fine but the MacBook says its software is up to date, despite still being on 10.5.6. Any theories?

Rev. Andy
  • Reply 59 of 145
    drjjonesdrjjones Posts: 162member
    can't download either

signature error

2 different computers and 50 k/s speed

rated to take my new macbook 8 hours to download and stopped after 3 minutes

very unhappy
  • Reply 60 of 145
    I had problems downloading package with the above error, also predicred time was always 2 hours +

Finally I rebooted my macbook pro (unibody 17) and then tried again -

try rebooting first