Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.7, Safari 3.2.3 & 4.0 beta update

Comments

• Reply 61 of 145
    ltmpltmp Posts: 204member
    iTunes keeps losing all of my airtunes speakers... and my Apple TV!

Anyone else having this issue?
  • Reply 62 of 145
    d-rodd-rod Posts: 2member
    Is it just me or do others think 10.5.7 is faster / more snappy?

For those struggling with Software Update and slow download or certificate errors: Go download the combo package: http://support.apple.com/downloads/M...7_Combo_Update

Fluorescent light bulb here!
  • Reply 63 of 145
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    I got the new bulb on the energy saver preference pane as well.

I did the combo update.
  • Reply 64 of 145
    nano_tubenano_tube Posts: 114member
    Updated my PowerMac G5 to 10.5.7. Download size was in the 200MB zone.

The system did 2 restarts on its own accompanied with a flurry of HD activity.

All in all works fine.

System is snappier now as a result of some kernel work being done after the OS loaded (I've seen it on the Activity Monitor as I was curious as to why the HD is so active). The computer was online for only 1.5 days before the update restarts so it's not a result of the restart itself IMO.

• Reply 65 of 145
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Combo and bulb here as well...

Wow... look at us making a big fuss over a stupid png icon in some prefpane!

Confirming the Mac user cliches I gues...
  • Reply 66 of 145
    kaphykaphy Posts: 1member
    Installed without any issues, during reboot took three rounds. Fixed Fast User Switching that would lockup system since 10.5.4 on a PowerMac G5 with 30" display and ATI Radeon X800.
  • Reply 67 of 145
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluedalmatian View Post

Anyone else experience a bug in 10.5.6 whereby if you click the down scroll arrow it 'runs away' and scrolls uncontrollably all the way to the bottom?

Doesnt seem to be tied to any particular app

Yes. Thought it might have been my error or a hardware problem. I feel a little better now...
  • Reply 68 of 145
    dhkostadhkosta Posts: 150member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

There was never any issue with running safari 4 on the beta, it was just installing that was the problem.

Just installed Safari 4 on 10.5.7. It's working beautifully.
  • Reply 69 of 145
    Updated via Software Update, and after 2 restarts I now have 2 external drives that wont register on my Macbook USB ports!

WTF!
  • Reply 70 of 145
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stewed Elk View Post

Updated via Software Update, and after 2 restarts I now have 2 external drives that wont register on my Macbook USB ports!

WTF!

Grab the Combo update and do it again.
  • Reply 71 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Downloading now...will update once reinstalled.
  • Reply 72 of 145
    The 10.5.7 update went smoothly on my MacBook, but I did get an invalid signature error the first time I tried to update Safari on my Windows XP system. The error probably just means that Apple's servers are overloaded; when I retried the Safari update, it completed successfully.
  • Reply 73 of 145
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

or, like ... unplug them and re-plug them.
  • Reply 74 of 145
    physicsphysics Posts: 24member
    I finally got 10.5.7 installed by using the combo version; the software update gave me the slow DL speeds, the DL abort and the digital signatures error message. The installation was kind of dodgy, with apparent boot hanging and repeated software attempts to get through the booting phase. Manual rebooting finally got the system up and it's behaving fine now. The Safari 4 beat update is now installed okay and everything seems to be functioning normally.
  • Reply 75 of 145
    No major issues here but my HP monitor isn't at the optimal resolution. everything is squished. I need 1680x1050 but the option isn't there. SwitchResX I guess?
  • Reply 76 of 145
    BuffyzDeadBuffyzDead Posts: 356member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stewed Elk View Post

WTF!

Just Run Disk Utility on each drive.

Highlight the drive(s) in question, and click repair. 30 seconds later, all good.
  • Reply 77 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuffyzDead View Post

Just Run Disk Utility on each drive.

Highlight the drive(s) in question, and click repair. 30 seconds later, all good.

The drives dont even show up in disk utility since the update (tried the combo update and it is the same).

In System Profiler the drives show up for a short time, but after a refresh of the screen they are gone - both of these drives are power drivestations and were working perfectly before the update.

Just checked both drives on my old iBook running 10.5.6 and they are working fine...
  • Reply 78 of 145
    randythotrandythot Posts: 109member
    aluminum iMac & MacBook white.

no issues so far.

Both had a 286 MB update
  • Reply 79 of 145
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Whew, I'd suggest steering clear of the delta update for Leopard 10.5.6 users. After it finished installing and began to restart, navy and blue lines flickered for a while until I got tired of it stalling and held down the power button. Then it restarted multiple times when I cold booted it. Everything seems to be working now...except for sound output. The internal speakers say "The selected device has no output controls." \ The irony is, my sound card died years ago! Does it know!?

Anyone have suggestions on what plist file could be impairing control of my sound? In 10.5.6 I had control (though again, my sound card bit the dust a while back).
  • Reply 80 of 145
    mariomario Posts: 348member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrod View Post

10.5.7's out. Get it while it's hot! :-)

I updated my Macbook through regular automatic updates. It downloaded 449 MB delta installed, rebooted and it seems to run fine.

My early 2008 Mac Pro would not do automatic update (it said it needed only 286 MB delta even though it and Macbook are clone copies of each other). I have attempted the update at least 5 times.

Each time it was going slow and said that the file could not be saved because it is corrupted or tampered with (basically it failed the checksum test).

So, I downloaded the combo update. Installed it (it took 6 times as long to install as the Macbook), and finally said I needed to restart. I said ok, and then it went into infinite loop. It would display the blue shutdown screen and progress bar, then it would flash, the progress bar would disappear and mouse pointer briefly would show up, then it would repeat it all.

I waited good 10 min, then manually shut down the computer. Started again, and it went through the boot cycle twice, and finally came up with the login screen. But then it rebooted again.

It scared the crap out of me, I thought I would have to rebuild it from scratch. It finally booted again and I am able to login. The console log shows a lot of errors and one of them relating to the login screen being wrong version 0, and that it can't talk to it as a consequence.

Makes me wonder if anyone ever tested this crap on this hardware.