Last-minute rumor: iPhone 3GS with longer battery life at WWDC

Comments

• Reply 41 of 162
    gto65lgto65l Posts: 42member
    "...new models will reportedly have "15-20 percent" more useful lifespan between charges..."

Thank you John Madden
  • Reply 42 of 162
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    We’ve gotten a lot of new posters a day earlier than I expected. Welcome!
  • Reply 43 of 162
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skate71290 View Post

Check this link:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....5&d=1244312440

If they release this tomorrow i will run 20 miles to my nearest Apple Store !!!

That, my friends, is pure SEX. The render is a little too long and thin, but if it is something like what Apple releases, it will be really, really sexy.

Usability wise though, Apple would not put the Home button there. Unfortunately. IMO.
  • Reply 44 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

We?ve gotten a lot of new posters a day earlier than I expected. Welcome!

They're all just TeckStud with even more user accounts...
  • Reply 45 of 162
    BTW I will personally crap in my pants if Apple actually says, here is the all new, all exiting, iPhone 3GS ... 3G..S...Wha?

That nomenclature makes no sense. I think it's just a codename at this stage. iPhone 3G Video or iPhone Video makes more sense.

If they are keeping the current iPhone 3G 8GB, then, "Would you like a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS?" makes no sense in terms of marketing/ sales/ etc. Too confusing.

Like, someone walks in to an Apple Store, says, "Hi, I'd like iPhone 3Gs"... "Er, madamé, do you mean a few iPhone 3G units, or the new iPhone 3GS?"... "I told you, iPhone 3Gs...!!! WTF"

Anyway my prediction is 50% chance on front-facing camera.
  • Reply 46 of 162
    Quote:

I like Engadgets live updates. Have been using them for years. They are very fast and do it in reverse order so the new stuff is at the top. I also try to find a slower one that have larger, better resolution images and more thorough text of the presentation, too, though Engadget is where I?ll usually reside as they never seem to have server issues.

I liked the Gizmodo coverage of Macworld 2009. A pity it got seriously haxx0red halfway through the event.
  • Reply 47 of 162
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

That, my friends, is pure SEX. The render is a little too long and thin, but if it is something like what Apple releases, it will be really, really sexy.

I think if the size of the phone had changed, we would have seen more case leaks by now. Usually the cases/covers are the things to leak.
  • Reply 48 of 162
    alecthekingalectheking Posts: 206member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Apple hasn't had a public live even stream in maybe five years. It also used to be that it was broadcast on an occasional video satellite channel, anyone with the right equipment can pick it up, but I think they did away with that too.

Now we just have to use Gizmodo or Engadget. They work fine for me so I'm content.
  • Reply 49 of 162
    Quote:

I like Engadgets live updates. Have been using them for years. They are very fast and do it in reverse order so the new stuff is at the top. I also try to find a slower one that have larger, better resolution images and more thorough text of the presentation, too, though Engadget is where I?ll usually reside as they never seem to have server issues.

I'll keep in mind that reverse order thing, makes it less nerve racking not having to scroll down and down and down. I will just wait until Apple posts their own coverage to see the photos and products. I just WANT to know what the news is ASAP.
  • Reply 50 of 162
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

FINALLY!

VIDEO.

Something every phone has been able to do since 2005.

Now the GF and I can get back to taking videos.

I have an HD video camera.

Something tells me the iPhone video will disappoint a tad bit.
  • Reply 51 of 162
    I would love to see that new design that was posted above, but I don't see the home button being an Apple designed part of it. It just doesn't really look right I guess. I doubt Steve Jobs would have approved of that.
  • Reply 52 of 162
    winterspanwinterspan Posts: 605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macapptraining View Post

to be honest, longer battery life would be a huge plus for anyone who commutes daily for school or business. i purchased a psp for watching videos while on the train to commute daily. the iphone battery would drain and i cannot have that happen on a daily commute. this would be a great upgrade for all users who commute, students and business professionals. cannot wait for tomorrow. appleinsider is the best!

There are many great products that help with the non-removable battery situation. The seemingly best solution I've seen is the iPhone case that doubles as an extended battery. It looks to be perfectly symmetrical on all sides so there is not like a big battery module just on one side.
  • Reply 53 of 162
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skate71290 View Post

Check this link:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....5&d=1244312440

If they release this tomorrow i will run 20 miles to my nearest Apple Store !!!

Fake big time.

Does look decently legit in the back but the front, well, not much effort put into that.

I do not see Apple redoing the home button for one. Just does not have a Apple look to it.
  • Reply 54 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

I have an HD video camera.

Something tells me the iPhone video will disappoint a tad bit.

Yes, especially if people are expecting iPhone video to shoot 720-24p and 720-30p AVCHD video with 100fps slow-motion feature as well.

What HD video camera do you have? I am looking for a decent 720p one with 100fps slow motion capability.
  • Reply 55 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

FINALLY!

VIDEO.

Something every phone has been able to do since 2005.

Now the GF and I can get back to taking videos.

Could you, uh, post such videos, uh, for us to... umm... judge the new iPhone video quality?
  • Reply 56 of 162
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

If they are keeping the current iPhone 3G 8GB, then, "Would you like a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS?" makes no sense in terms of marketing/ sales/ etc. Too confusing.

Like, someone walks in to an Apple Store, says, "Hi, I'd like iPhone 3Gs"... "Er, madamé, do you mean a few iPhone 3G units, or the new iPhone 3GS?"... "I told you, iPhone 3Gs...!!! WTF"

Anyway my prediction is 50% chance on front-facing camera.

I don't think it's terribly complicated, it's still a lot easier to handle than nearly any competitor. But it would be unlike Apple to do so, you have to go back to pre-Jobs to find something like that.
  • Reply 57 of 162
    metavoymetavoy Posts: 1member
    While I like Gruber, he has proven to be quite unreliable in his predictions....
  • Reply 58 of 162
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by over View Post

I really wish I believed that Hell existed..

Ah, but it does. And guess what?

You're in it!
  • Reply 59 of 162
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    3GS

GS?!?!

GS needs to stay buried along with its original first name... wait for it... Apple ][... Apple ][gs. Hmmm did I just date myself big time?

D
  • Reply 60 of 162
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    You guys do realise he said that was its CODENAME! Not its product name.