Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHKOsta View Post

Steve Jobs is retiring today.

Hmm... Unlikely.
  • Reply 82 of 162
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,861member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

New, however, is an assertion that the upgraded models will have extended battery life. The new models will reportedly have "15-20 percent" more useful lifespan between charges than the iPhone 3G, addressing a common complaint about today's handsets.

Does anyone know if this level of battery life improvement would be consistent with the adoption of an OLED screen?

(Which, according to my understanding, is more power efficient.)
  • Reply 83 of 162
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

This will still just be an 'iPhone' but consumers should have easy access to a more detailed model number or name to help diagnostics. I used to spend a lot of time over in Apple's iMac forums and it's a real pain explaining to everyone that their new iMac isn't an 'iMac (Flat Panel)'. Apple must have known when they release the iPhone 3G that it wasn't going to be their only 3G iPhone.

I have often thought that the black area around the iPhone/iPod touch screen would be idea for solar panels - they certainly won't provide power for HD video but who knows after a few minutes in the sun they might allow you to make that one 999 (911) call.

EDIT; Spooling and grammar.

Apple has a patent on solar panels actually built *into* the LCD screen. Or something like that. The technology is almost there...

Check out konarka.com. Maybe not embedded in the LCD yet but they have some interesting stuff...?
  • Reply 84 of 162
    winterswinters Posts: 4member
    I have been mostly a "silent" visitor of AI but I have to say that I am very excited with the WWDC and the probably announcement of a new iPhone. I have been thinking of acquiring one but until now haven't done it. I am disappointed with my Nokia and I think it is time for something new and fresh. It is a great experience to come here and read about all the owners experience and their thoughts, but I find it disturbing the constant bickering and arguing about what is the best phone and what is not. Can't we all just get along and enjoy the gadgets what each one has decided to buy? If it suits your purposes, excellent! Use it, enjoy it and share your experiences with others, if not, just move on..

2009 seems to be a very good year to be a tech or gadget fan. With all the competition going on, iPhone, Pre, Windows 7, Snow Leopard.. I consider myself very lucky to be living in such times and hope that the competition keeps squeezing the best out of each company to be delivered to us, consumers..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

We?ve gotten a lot of new posters a day earlier than I expected. Welcome!

• Reply 85 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Winters View Post

I have been mostly a "silent" visitor of AI but I have to say that I am very excited with the WWDC and the probably announcement of a new iPhone. I have been thinking of acquiring one but until now haven't done it. I am disappointed with my Nokia and I think it is time for something new and fresh. It is a great experience to come here and read about all the owners experience and their thoughts, but I find it disturbing the constant bickering and arguing about what is the best phone and what is not. Can't we all just get along and enjoy the gadgets what each one has decided to buy? If it suits your purposes, excellent! Use it, enjoy it and share your experiences with others, if not, just move on..

2009 seems to be a very good year to be a tech or gadget fan. With all the competition going on, iPhone, Pre, Windows 7, Snow Leopard.. I consider myself very lucky to be living in such times and hope that the competition keeps squeezing the best out of each company to be delivered to us, consumers..

I would say I'm not a big gadget fan but am a bit of hardware enthusiast. Gadget wise as long as I got my iPhone3G, MacBook, I'm set.

2009 was a good year to get into PC hardware. I also built my PC ~ ATI 4830 512MB, AMD Athlon Kuma 2.7ghz OC'ed 3ghz. Some great bang-for-buck.
  • Reply 86 of 162
    Only thing I'd really like is a 23" at work and 23" at home, then run my MacBook in clamshell mode. But 23" is too big for gaming.
  • Reply 87 of 162
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jarroyo1031 View Post

Nobody can answer that at the moment.

I don't care about any new features. I'm simply ecstatic about the possibility of having better battery life.

While that's all well and good, you wouldn't even have that issue if the battery were swappable.
  • Reply 88 of 162
    Please announce the tablet @ WWDC- the iPhone battery life is rather tired.
  • Reply 89 of 162
    Its TeckStud.
  • Reply 90 of 162
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    15" Anti-Glare Macbook Pro!!

Four cores and BlueRay would be nice touch.
  • Reply 91 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Well, I also want to fly to the moon on a silver unicorn with a scantily-clad Emma Watson by my side. That would be a nice touch.
  • Reply 92 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Anything but a longer battery life for the iPhone- how boring is that?
  • Reply 93 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Its TeckStud.

You rang?
  • Reply 94 of 162
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

Its TeckStud.

Who ?
  • Reply 95 of 162
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Its TeckStud.

Who said his name three times. He?s like Beetlejuice
  • Reply 96 of 162
    imatimat Posts: 210member
    Shouldn't it be down by now? :-)
  • Reply 97 of 162
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

While that's all well and good, you wouldn't even have that issue if the battery were swappable.

We've been thinking of swapping you out.
  • Reply 98 of 162
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Well, I also want to fly to the moon on a silver unicorn with a scantily-clad Emma Watson by my side. That would be a nice touch.

Exactly how old are you?

Besides, she's even meaner than I am.
  • Reply 99 of 162
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMat View Post

Shouldn't it be down by now? :-)

I?d wager it?ll happen right before the Keynote starts, in the late 9 o?clock hour PST.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

We've been thinking of swapping you out.

This day keeps getting better and better.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Exactly how old are you?

Besides, she's even meaner than I am.

She is 19yo, so I guess Nvidia just scrapes by as being a pervert. Is she known as being mean in real life or is it her Hermione character that is a little standoffish?
  • Reply 100 of 162
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I?d wager it?ll happen right before the Keynote starts, in the late 9 o?clock hour PST.

This day keeps getting better and better.

She is 19yo, so I guess Nvidia just scrapes by as being a pervert. Is she known as being mean in real life or is it her Hermione character that is a little standoffish?

10.54 am: And still no news from Macworld live update page.

I would like to ask a stupid question please. Why are there no fun apps for my MB.?