justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Who said his name three times. He?s like Beetlejuice

• Reply 102 of 162
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

We've been thinking of swapping you out.

Zune, psst get the zune.

The zune website would love him to bits.
  • Reply 103 of 162
    Hasn't the removable battery argument gotten old?

I have never know anyone who carries a second battery around with them.

Battery life of one battery is more important then the ability to change them out.

Recharge speed is also important, when my phone is low i will change it for 20 min in a pinch and that will get me a few more hours of use.

If the need of a second battery is so important get one of those add on things, that use the double AA's

I am hoping to see some cool tech with the screen. I think it would be cool if they use that multi-layer display approach.
  • Reply 104 of 162
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:

Besides, she's even meaner than I am.

Well, I for one won't argue with you.

(Just kidding, Mel. Just kidding)
  • Reply 105 of 162
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

10.54 am: And still no news from Macworld live update page.

it’s only 8am PST. Still two hours to go.

Quote:

I would like to ask a stupid question please. Why are there no fun apps for my MB.?

Download the fun apps you want. I use VersionTracker for many of app searches.

PS: Now we have to work on only quoting the portion that is relevant to your post.
  • Reply 106 of 162
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

We've been thinking of swapping you out.

Haa. I'm like a bad penny- can't get rid of me.

Besides I love my:

1.) OSX

2.) iMac- white 20"

3.) iPod Touch

4.) iPod Classic

5) iPod shuffles - both 1 gen and 2nd gen

6.) lowly iBook 14"
  • Reply 107 of 162
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissionGrey View Post

It is old and you mention the external packs off a lot more versatility than replacing the internal battery. One of the biggest one is being able to charge the internal and external at the same time if both are low in power.
  • Reply 108 of 162
    Quote:

Who said his name three times. He’s like Beetlejuice

That's Betelgeuse to you.
  • Reply 109 of 162
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

it?s only 8am PST. Still two hours to go.

Download the fun apps you want. I use http://www.versiontracker.com for man of app searches.

PS: Now we have to work on only quoting the portion that is relevant to your post.

Oh boy i am sitting here clicking and clicking and no news.

I just rented the new 007 flick , for a nice work day.

Enloy VEGAS.

Peace

• Reply 110 of 162
    Quote:

It is old and you mention the external packs off a lot more versatility than replacing the internal battery. One of the biggest one is being able to charge the internal and external at the same time if both are low in power.

Why don't you just carry a whole power generator around with you then?
  • Reply 111 of 162
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

T... I have often thought that the black area around the iPhone/iPod touch screen would be idea for solar panels - they certainly won't provide power for HD video but who knows after a few minutes in the sun they might allow you to make that one 999 (911) call. ...

I like this idea; very practical.

I often think it's funny, given that Apple is so fantastic at design, (and they are) that at the same time they seem to miss things like this that would actually be a great benefit to the end user.

For instance, an iPhone that you could (accidentally) drop in a toilet or use in the rain would be a far bigger improvement to the daily lives of the average iPhone user than slightly longer battery life. At Apple headquarters in California it hardly rains at all, but where I live it rains almost every day. I don't think this basic fact has occurred to the Apple engineers yet.

Also, if instead of being the precious jewel it is now and requiring a tiny perfect special case to keep it safe, the iPhone was rugged enough to just toss around like a regular cell phone, or even be sat on (inadvertently) a lot of people's lives would be made much easier overnight.

I think Apple's design team could benefit from going to an actual working-class person's house (some of them must have poor "friends of friends" or something), to see how real people use their phones day to day and what the actual design problems are. When you don't have a butler to hold an umbrella over you or a Mercedes waiting at the curb (or even a car), the problems you face are slightly different.
  • Reply 112 of 162
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash

This just in minutes ago !.The hottest, latest news for all of us news junkies to feed our rumour habit's.

<< Cloud's gather over R I M, may mean bad news for the storm.>>

Of note the fact that there is real quote's in the article make's for a good read. There is no new info at all. Zippo

++++++++++ cut and paste below ++++++++++ http://www.financialpost.com/news-se...tml?id=1673217

Who/what is Financial Post? Have not heard of them......
  • Reply 113 of 162
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:

She is 19yo, so I guess Nvidia just scrapes by as being a pervert. Is she known as being mean in real life or is it her Hermione character that is a little standoffish?

Leave them exhausted and meanness will not be an issue.
  • Reply 114 of 162
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

While that's all well and good, you wouldn't even have that issue if the battery were swappable.

Or if you turn off 3G. No one buys extra batteries for their cell phones and carries them around even if the batteries are swappable. Since you don't even own an iPhone, you are talking out of your ***.EDIT:

language
  • Reply 115 of 162
    hiimamachiimamac Posts: 584member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PatsFan83 View Post

Does video capabilities include a front facing camera?

I think the only video we will see is "S" for SHARE and tied to mobile Me, that's it, nothing else.

Would rather have Xvid/Flash, Mpeg 4 codecs.
  • Reply 116 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissionGrey View Post

I have never know anyone who carries a second battery around with them.

Battery life of one battery is more important then the ability to change them out.

Recharge speed is also important, when my phone is low i will change it for 20 min in a pinch and that will get me a few more hours of use.

If you gave someone the choice of the exact same battery with the otion of either having it sealed or replaceable most would choose the latter. SO the issue is not old. The arguement on here to support a sealed battery is just tired. It's strictly a fanboy mentality.
  • Reply 117 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

I like this idea; very practical.

I often think it's funny, given that Apple is so fantastic at design, (and they are) that at the same time they seem to miss things like this that would actually be a great benefit to the end user.

For instance, an iPhone that you could (accidentally) drop in a toilet or use in the rain would be a far bigger improvement to the daily lives of the average iPhone user than slightly longer battery life. At Apple headquarters in California it hardly rains at all, but where I live it rains almost every day. I don't think this basic fact has occurred to the Apple engineers yet.

Also, if instead of being the precious jewel it is now and requiring a tiny perfect special case to keep it safe, the iPhone was rugged enough to just toss around like a regular cell phone, or even be sat on (inadvertently) a lot of people's lives would be made much easier overnight.

I think Apple's design team could benefit from going to an actual working-class person's house (some of them must have poor "friends of friends" or something), to see how real people use their phones day to day and what the actual design problems are. When you don't have a butler to hold an umbrella over you or a Mercedes waiting at the curb (or even a car), the problems you face are slightly different.

I doubt many have butlers. Im sure many are just average joes.

http://www.appletell.com/apple/comme...ess-than-most/

Year old and I don't know how accurate, but im sure most people are not getting super rich from working there. Haha Jobs makes 1$, I know I know he is worth billions.
  • Reply 118 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Or if you turn off 3G. No one buys extra batteries for their cell phones and carries them around even if the batteries are swappable. Since you don't even own an iPhone, you are talking out of your ***.

Hello- I own a phone, a camera , and a video camera- all of which have swappable batteries. Therefore I know of what I speak. You can put your iPhone back where it belongs now- -OUCH!.
  • Reply 119 of 162
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

I?d wager it?ll happen right before the Keynote starts, in the late 9 o?clock hour PST.

Everything is dropping today. It's not just Apple.

Quote:

She is 19yo, so I guess Nvidia just scrapes by as being a pervert. Is she known as being mean in real life or is it her Hermione character that is a little standoffish?

A quote from a teen site ( I only looked this up because I forgot who she was when he mentioned her name:

Quote:

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and the rest of the cast ?are a dream to work with,? said the source Wednesday, ?But Emma is even more moody than usual. ? She?s always complaining, showing up late and has upset both cast and crew members with her rudeness. ? She?s really become a big diva. ? Everyone?s sick of it.?

• Reply 120 of 162
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Well, I for one won't argue with you.

(Just kidding, Mel. Just kidding)

It's ok. despite what some people may think. I actually do have a sense of humor.