Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference

Comments

• Reply 101 of 166
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

You don't think so what?

They gave the numbers without iPhone and including iPhone, seems completely honest and transparent to me.

Did they say, including the iPhone/iTouch? I didn't read that.
  • Reply 102 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by legend79 View Post

Well; the most exciting part for me is the price drop. The rest is pretty much a big fat shrug> I don't care. In fact; since I don't care about the flash size THAT much; for 100$; the 3G's a steal. The rest of the stuff sounds like more abilities for developers to make fart apps. Whoopy.

You really don't know as much as you think you do and you're on the wrong site to try to get away with that. One of the big guys here is going to show up shortly and they'll take good care of you.

I'll enjoy watching.

Have a nice day.
  • Reply 103 of 166
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    ATT comes thru as real tech luddites from today's presentation. Hope they get their act together soon (or at least make an announcement as to when they'll do so).
  • Reply 104 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Any word on upgraded RAM on the iPhone? I didn't see anything except the storage is going to 32GB.

That's too techie for the public show. It would go over the heads of most people.
  • Reply 105 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

ATT comes thru as real tech luddites from today's presentation. Hope they get their act together soon (or at least make an announcement as to when they'll do so).

It is odd. You would think they'd be the first out of the gate, considering their relationship.
  • Reply 106 of 166
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

That's too techie for the public show. It would go over the heads of most people.

Maybe, but I thought this was a public show at a techie conference.
  • Reply 107 of 166
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Why do you say that?

I felt bored during the live feed. Iphone with no new design. Faster ok, but can it make something the iphone 3g can't, apart from the compass functionnality? Video is ok, but nothing revolutionnary.
  • Reply 108 of 166
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    With the release of the iPhone 3GS, are they going to update the iPod touch with the faster processor? Seems like there will be apps that can use it down the road.
  • Reply 109 of 166
    hakuinhakuin Posts: 1member
    Have a look a look at this:

Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB).

Thank you Apple and AT&T for appreciating your current customers!
  • Reply 110 of 166
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    Quote:

I don't know why. They really aren't the same to the user. About three years ago there were almost 40 million Mac users, most being PPC. Many of those weren't on OS X.

Since then they've sold about 30 million machines, so I don't know. Maybe.

I think this might have been misinterpreted. He said "We've tripled the amount of users since iPhone". I think what he meant was that the number of OSX users has tripled as a result of people buying Macs following the purchase of an iPhone, not that the iPhone is included in that statistic. I think some of us just got the wrong end of the stick - it wasn't 100% clear at first.
  • Reply 111 of 166
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    It would be a great idea to take the 15 minute guided tour on the new iPhone before one puts their foot in their mouth.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/
  • Reply 112 of 166
    rhowarthrhowarth Posts: 144member
    Quote:

Why do you say that?

I assume he's being ironic..

Wow. Great keynote. Not good for the pocket though. I was expecting to buy a new iPhone later this month. Seems I need to buy a new MBP as well now :-)
  • Reply 113 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Maybe, but I thought this was a public show at a techie conference.

I'm sure the developers will be told.
  • Reply 114 of 166
    Quote:

Did they say, including the iPhone/iTouch? I didn't read that.

Yep, from Engadget's coverage:

"Here's a chart of OS X users over 10 years." It goes from 5m to 25m. "But something has happening..." he changes the chart to move up to 75m. "We've tripled the amount of users since iPhone."
  • Reply 115 of 166
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    Quote:

"Here's a chart of OS X users over 10 years." It goes from 5m to 25m. "But something has happening..." he changes the chart to move up to 75m. "We've tripled the amount of users since iPhone."

Like I said, I think he's worded that badly, and I think what he means is that as a result of the iPhone, more and more people are buying Macs, and that's what has pushed up the figures. However, it could be interpreted either way - it's vague at best.
  • Reply 116 of 166
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Start your complaining engine TechStud! New MacBooks with a non-replaceable battery! Lasts 7 hours, but I am sure that won't be long enough for you. LOL. No ExpressCard slot on the 15" anymore. They replaced it with an SD slot instead.

SD is great. 13" has battery for 7 hours- what's not to like?
  • Reply 117 of 166
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

I felt bored during the live feed. Iphone with no new design. Faster ok, but can it make something the iphone 3g can't, apart from the compass functionnality? Video is ok, but nothing revolutionnary.

I know! There should have been more explosions!
  • Reply 118 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

Like I said, I think he's worded that badly, and I think what he means is that as a result of the iPhone, more and more people are buying Macs, and that's what has pushed up the figures. However, it could be interpreted either way - it's vague at best.

Should be easy enough to figure out...has Apple sold 50 million computers to new users since the iPhone first came out about two years ago? Or have they sold that many iPhones plus touches?
  • Reply 119 of 166
    I am surprised there was no appearance of Steve here. I also thought there would be a 30inch LED screen as well, not complaining, just surprised. Great show overall
  • Reply 120 of 166
    Quote:

As I said. I didn't read it. I was reading Engadget as well.

You didn't read it either.

That doesn't say anything about the iPhone being INCLUDED in the numbers, just that sales have gone up since the iPhones introduction.

This is something they've said several times before.