Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 166
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Some people, such as yourself apparently, and correct me if I'm wrong in that though it seems so from your posts here, have argued also that "in" 2008 doesn't mean the same thing as "by the end of 2008", which is the way I was describing the situation.

Selling 10M in 2008 is the same as selling 10M starting at the beginning of 2008 and reaching the goal by the end of 2008.

Selling 10M in 2008 is NOT the same as selling 10M total including those sold in 2007 (which is what many people insisted, that they would have sold 10 million overall by some point in 2008 - usually misquotedly phrased as "apple will have sold 10M iphones by the end of 2008" which apple never said).
  • Reply 162 of 166
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Selling 10M in 2008 is the same as selling 10M starting at the beginning of 2008 and reaching the goal by the end of 2008.

Ok, I guess it couldn't be the last time.

Yes, that what I said.

At least we agree on that.

Quote:

Selling 10M in 2008 is NOT the same as selling 10M total including those sold in 2007 (which is what many people insisted, that they would have sold 10 million overall by some point in 2008 - usually misquotedly phrased as "apple will have sold 10M iphones by the end of 2008" which apple never said).

Yes. I agree with your saying about that too.

If you somehow think that that's what I said when I said by the end of 2008 ( that it meant Apple will have sold 10m phones by the end of 2008), it wasn't. the first point was what I meant, which I now hope is finally cleared up.
  • Reply 163 of 166
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Don't stop. Keep going. This is really important, not to mention fascinating.
  • Reply 164 of 166
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wraithofwonder View Post

I was hoping for "Oh and one more thing", have Jobs walk out and...

*sigh*

I know, I know... but they did the right thing by not letting Steve's status overshadow any announcements.
  • Reply 165 of 166
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dancingbrook View Post

"K guys. We're taking our seats."

K guys, maybe next time you can try "K folks".

you serious? grab a life.
  • Reply 166 of 166
    m24om24o Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

There's no such thing as MS fanboys. Just users desperately trying to justify lousy products from a mediocre company.

I set up the chat for you guys, i even set the language to english, and you say, that there are only fanboys for f***** Microsoft?