i**** v2 & beyond !

Comments

• Reply 21 of 254
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Listen up people. Kormac has nothing. According to him we were supposed to be carrying uber PDAs for the last year, been using flat panel iMacs with different size screens for the past two years, and using an iMac with all manner of digital, TV, stereo I/O and recordingt and playback functions built-in since last spring.

uber PDA's will come in the form of Palm OS 5.O on StrongArm (type) chips. You don't need an insider to predict that. Also A-V will eventually achieve full computer integration. You don't need any info to predict that either. It's all stuff that the whole industry is doing, it doesn't take any imagination to say that Appl is on it too. Well duh?

But Kormac has the added distinction of being patently wrong in all of his specific details. Imagination? sure. Insight? Nada.
  • Reply 22 of 254
    id bet my left nut this guy is a fake kormac.
  • Reply 23 of 254
    [quote]Originally posted by cinder:

<strong>You're just jealous because his imagination is better than yours.

Lighten up. This is supposed to be fun.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

"Here's a neat idea, wouldn't this be cool..." is fun.

Pretending you have inside info, and specifically telling everybody that you have concrete details on products soon to be released by Apple.... that's just lying.
  • Reply 24 of 254
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Well, actually, that's your opinion since we can't prove anything either way.

and I'll be damned if he ever used the word 'concrete'

it's merely information peppered with imagination and speculation.

You know, rumors.

and if anyone can make this stuff up, have it make some sense . . . well go ahead.

If nothing else, the bits of information he puts together are interesting.
  • Reply 25 of 254
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    You know what, if he is full of sh*t then so what? Instead of discussing what or who kormac is, lets just discuss what he proposes, it always generates some very good discussion. These are discussion boards, right?

If you do not like what he/she has to say then simply do not read it.
  • Reply 26 of 254
    I have always enjoyed kormac's post's. If it's you, welcome back!
  • Reply 27 of 254
    chromoschromos Posts: 191member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Listen up people. Kormac has nothing.

But Kormac has the added distinction of being patently wrong in all of his specific details. Imagination? sure. Insight? Nada.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Regardless, I enjoy Kormac's posts more than I do yours. Imagination is life.
  • Reply 28 of 254
    Perhaps you don't remember the cryptic cloak and dagger bullsh!t. Hey Kormac, DOMINO DOMINO DOMINO!!!

Before the site went down there was this little cult of Kormac a$$ lickers eating up his huge heaping piles of crap.

Why don't we take the sum total of his posts then and see what they said.

iMacs (the way he predicted them) Good Better Best, to have LCDs of different sizes almost 2 years ago! HA!

i****v1

i****v2 both to be some kind of Newton/emate organizer/media player with all sorts of integration. What did we get? FVCK ALL! Now he's trying to spin iPod into the mold of his predictions about the overall digital strategy. Well fact is he NEVER mentioned anything like it. iPod is an essentially single purpose design that does it's single purpose very well. It's secondary use exists as a no cost extra convenience -- the parts were already there, so why not a firewire HDD too -- but IT WILL NOT move beyond that (barring, perhaps, some voice recording). ALL of Kormac's posts were about multifunction. Evidence ***DOMINO*** the ultimate media hub, powered by mac, set-top, slate, slab, thingy device.

Overall, he's only been pointing at general trends. If it happens it's because the whole industry is moving in those directions anyway. honestly, who doesn't have a web pad, a wireless internet device, a consumer A/V machine, and PDA's under development, in prototype, and in focus group/feasibility study? NONE, of the major players.

Rumor requires specifics, proof, you know, evidence? What Kormac has given you is speculation at first dressed up as rumor. With big piles of "Oh, I can't reveal this right now, or I don't know when this is coming" When pressed about his poor record Kormac quickly back-tracked on his former insider persona with quips of "Oh, I'm not an insider anymore, I just like to post here, I like you guy... etc" &lt;-- and fix your f-ing grammar for sh!t sakes, these lame attempts at fake Korean ESL syntax are making me nuts.

I remember that you are full of it. I'm not gonna let others forget the steaming piles you've passed in here before. Your BS insider ploy won't work this time.

PS. If you're just an imitator, then disregard this little rant. If someone can verify whether this is the original Kormac please let me know, so I can start to lay into him a bit.
  • Reply 29 of 254
    So currently we have Kormac75, Kormac76, and Kormac77. Are there others that I'm missing?
  • Reply 30 of 254
    wormboywormboy Posts: 220member
    Bad form Matsu,

I do remember the old Kormac quite well. And indeed I remember him attaching caveates to the effect that a lot of which he spoke was partly conjecture.

You need to lighten up. It's been a year, and your still not over it.
  • Reply 31 of 254
    Fine...

go Kormac go... away!
  • Reply 32 of 254
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Kormac = Morkac
  • Reply 33 of 254
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 393member
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

<strong>

"Here's a neat idea, wouldn't this be cool..." is fun.

Pretending you have inside info, and specifically telling everybody that you have concrete details on products soon to be released by Apple.... that's just lying.</strong><hr></blockquote>

sizzle chest - nicely put.

Macintosh - please read above. It's also not too late for an apology.
  • Reply 34 of 254
    Has macintosh even posted in this thread?
  • Reply 35 of 254
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member

<strong>Has macintosh even posted in this thread?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hes referring to the mastergator incident...

And I think he already did apologize.

-Paul
  • Reply 36 of 254
    I thought it was Mastergating which come to think of it is a nice conflation of masturbating and mastigating (both apt discriptors of fora in general). One might also see colorations of Gates as master, or an assortment of D&D type characters in there. A good name. From a proud family.
  • Reply 37 of 254

<strong>I thought it was Mastergating which come to think of it is a nice conflation of masturbating and mastigating (both apt discriptors of fora in general). One might also see colorations of Gates as master, or an assortment of D&D type characters in there. A good name. From a proud family.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Err, yeah my bad... I was thinking food (Master Baster... Mmmmmmm....)

-Paul
  • Reply 38 of 254
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 393member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

Hes referring to the mastergator incident...

And I think he already did apologize.

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did he? I must have missed it. I certainly read his confession and the parts where he re-lived his great prank but I didn't see the part where he apologized.
  • Reply 39 of 254
    wasnt the whole "forgive me father" thing an apology with a twist? like didnt he say sorry if you got pissed but that was the idea or something like that?

-Paul
  • Reply 40 of 254
    any news here, kormac?