Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 81 of 223
    tomkarltomkarl Posts: 239member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palter View Post

My tracking data shows the same as yours.

If we're reading this right and my other search was correct, it's on UPS flight 63 to Anchorage which is due to arrive at 3PM Alaska time today.

Looks like the two phones coming to my house are on the same flight as yours. Thanks for the flight data, I'll know when to look for an updated scan.
  • Reply 82 of 223
    cmbeardcmbeard Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peteo View Post

Any one eligible for full discount order a 3G S from both at&t and Apple? a few people on other sites say they did this and have received shipping notices from both apple & at&t

I ordered as a new customer on att.com last Wednesday morning (EDT). I ported my numbers as a T-Mobile convert and received the first phone yesterday, but my iPhone status is still listed as "in progress." Have also noticed similar behavior as others, credit card was reserved for $300 + tax, but now that also is no longer pending on my cc.
  • Reply 83 of 223
    I placed my order on 6/13 and received my shipping confirmation today, scheduled for delivery on 6/18. I'm in St. Louis, MO.
  • Reply 84 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

This is part of a strategy to balance the activation load. Phones will arrive early and activation will be live.

The more I think about it, the more that seems likely. There's no way Apple wants the negative press they got last year.

This was my guess as well, hence why the OS upgrade is live on the 17th and most phones say they are del. on the 18th, that means by the time people wait in line on the 19th a large number of the "new customers" are already on the network, signed, sealed and delivered.
  • Reply 85 of 223
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmbeard View Post

I ordered as a new customer on att.com last Wednesday morning (EDT). I ported my numbers as a T-Mobile convert and received the first phone yesterday, but my iPhone status is still listed as "in progress." Have also noticed similar behavior as others, credit card was reserved for $300 + tax, but now that also is no longer pending on my cc.

I mean order a 3G S from each company as an existing user, which should not be possible since you need a 2 year contract for each phone.
  • Reply 86 of 223
    My iPhone shipped yesterday and the charge showed up on my CC today....looks like they did two reserves on the card though, one last week when I placed the order and another showed up today.
  • Reply 87 of 223
    I ordered mine on Apple around 1:00pm on 6/14. It just went into "Prepared for Shipment" this afternoon! I can't wait! I've been putting off getting an iPhone up until now hoping AT&T would drop the monthly service fee a bit, but I finally gave in this time around. I'm excited!

I've yet to see any kind of charge/hold/whatever hit the credit card, I guess that'll be coming soon...

I'm at Long Island, NY btw...
  • Reply 88 of 223
    this is all crazy and making me mad i just want to know if im going to have my phone on friday or what \ im all the negative faces.. thats right!!
  • Reply 89 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jschuur View Post

Scheduled Delivery: \t 06/18/2009 \t

Shipped To: \tCOSTA MESA, CA, US

I'm going to go with UPS on this one. Still, this is faster shipping from China for free than I've gotten from some Amazon 3rd party shipments where I've paid. Go Apple!

agreed, and not just cause the UPS date sounds better!

costa mesa huh? i'm in newport beach right now. hello neighbor!

assuming the phone gets here in the next couple days, i'm considering going down to fashion island on friday to take videos (using the 3gs) of people standing in line at the apple store

more for an amusing memory of it, not to post on youtube or anything
  • Reply 90 of 223

I ordered mine the night of the keynote and it still hasn't shipped, but a new "OBERTHUR AT&T POST PAID SIMM-HF-USA" item has been added to my open orders. It's set to ship "within 24 hours" and deliver "Jun 17 - Jun 18." Looks like the sim card maybe? Anybody know?

UPDATE: Apple sent me an email notifying me that my iPhone shipped with a defective sim card, and that they are also overnighting me a replacement sim card. I don't see how it could have shipped with a defective sim card if Apple's site says it still hasn't shipped though...
  • Reply 91 of 223
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    Here in the UK, we can't pre-order from O2. I'm just going to ring them at 8am on Friday morning and hope for the best!
  • Reply 92 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

agreed, and not just cause the UPS date sounds better!

costa mesa huh? i'm in newport beach right now. hello neighbor!

assuming the phone gets here in the next couple days, i'm considering going down to fashion island on friday to take videos (using the 3gs) of people standing in line at the apple store

more for an amusing memory of it, not to post on youtube or anything

I hear rumor that there are several hundred pre-orders for the apple store by me as well, of course i'm going to be at the gym taking pics of girls in front of me on the ... I mean, yup at the apple store taking pics of the lines!

Are we going to be able to post them here if anyone get's any line shots that are amazing, for the iPhone launch here in San Diego there were about 400 people in line (several the night before) waiting for release.
  • Reply 93 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

Here in the UK, we can't pre-order from O2. I'm just going to ring them at 8am on Friday morning and hope for the best!

I didn't think the UK was getting them for about a month? \
  • Reply 94 of 223
    walshbjwalshbj Posts: 864member
    Who thinks Google will launch Latitude for iPhone on Friday? Me.
  • Reply 95 of 223
    ANCHORAGE,

AK, US \t06/16/2009 \t1:48 P.M. \tARRIVAL SCAN

WHOOOOOOT!! I can FEEL it ...
  • Reply 96 of 223
    alleymonalleymon Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

ANCHORAGE,

AK, US 06/16/2009 1:48 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

I am so envious that you have some confirmation that it is on the way. I'm still waiting for my shipping confirmation and I ordered the morning of the 9th from AT&T.
  • Reply 97 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

ANCHORAGE,

AK, US \t06/16/2009 \t1:48 P.M. \tARRIVAL SCAN

was just going to post the same thing. i cant believe how excited i am its ridiculous
  • Reply 98 of 223
    My iPhone has made the trip from Hong Kong to Anchorage.... It should be able to make it to NC by tomorrow morning.

EDIT: I was late with that one I see. Obviously I'm not the only one watching a UPS tracking number too much.
  • Reply 99 of 223
    Oh no ! June 17 delivery date dropped off when iPhone landed in Alaska....
  • Reply 100 of 223
    yeah mine too, i heard rumors they are killing the delivery date because of all the news stories and dont want people to think people are getting the phones early