Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 121 of 223
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkoz View Post

I HOPE that is the case... I don't know how it's going to get here Friday if it's still being processed. I like that theory; it gives me comfort

The last UPS flight that can get phones to the US in time for a delivery on the 19th leaves Hong Kong around 8PM local time on Thursday night. (That's 8AM Eastern in the US.) The flight gets to Anchorage at 2PM local time on Thursday afternoon which is around 6PM Eastern in the US. (Remember, China's on the other side of the International Date Line.) That gives the shipment plenty of time to get to the hub in Louisville early on Friday morning (i.e., 2AM) for distribution around the country for delivery.

I'd guess the phone would need to ship by 6PM on Thursday afternoon in China to make that last flight out. (The cutoff could be earlier or later, of course, depending on how close the plant is to the airport.)
  • Reply 122 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

As I recall from last year, but I can?t be completely certain, is that not all phones were scanned in prior to flying. Some just popped into existence when they were processed in the US. Good luck!

I sure hope so... I keep checking the order page on Apple, hoping that it will change! If it's not out today I don't see how it could make from China to NY and to my door by Friday.
  • Reply 123 of 223
    Maybe some stock of iPhones arrived in US before the preorder began and won't show "Shipped" until it leaves whatever hub it is in to get to your house.

Fingers crossed, since my order from AT&T still shows ":;" target="_blank">In Progress" Ordered 32GB Black on the 9th.
  • Reply 124 of 223
    Well if you go to the website to order now it doesnt say that you will get it on the 19th. So hopefully if you ordered it before they took this off the website then you will get yours on time. I ordered mine on monday night when i realized that i would never get it in the store on friday... so im HOPING that i get it friday.
  • Reply 125 of 223
    I just received the following email from Apple ...

Quote:

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:39:37 -0700 (PST)

Subject: RE: Your Apple Order # ...

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order with Apple.

Our records indicate that your iPhone 3G S pre-order has shipped.

Our carrier's website may have displayed an incorrect delivery

date for your order. However, we expect your iPhone order to be

delivered on time on June 19, 2009.

You can view the most up-to-date status of your order at

<http://apple.com/orderstatus>.

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store.

Sincerely,

Apple Online Store Team

Answers to many Apple Online Store questions can be found at

online Help: <http://store.apple.com/us/help>.

• Reply 126 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palter View Post

I got this same email and now it looks like Apple and UPS are backpedaling with the estimated delivery date issue. The exception notification is now gone from the shipment status on ups.com and now it only says that it's arrived in Louisville, KY:

LOUISVILLE,KY, US 06/17/2009 2:06 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Too funny.
  • Reply 127 of 223
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palter View Post

So.. was yours originally scheduled for today, or was it Prepared for Shipment until today?
  • Reply 128 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    As we have competing iPhone delivery threads going (MOD maybe merge them?)

I just checked my tracking and my delivery date is now back to the 18th ...

Type: \t Package \t

Scheduled Delivery: \t06/18/2009 \t

Shipped To: \tSAN DIEGO, CA, US \t

Shipped/Billed On: \t06/16/2009 \t

Product: \tWORLD EASE

Service: \tEXPRESS \t

Weight: \t.50 Kg
  • Reply 129 of 223
    alleymonalleymon Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alleymon View Post

Maybe some stock of iPhones arrived in US before the preorder began and won't show "Shipped" until it leaves whatever hub it is in to get to your house.

Fingers crossed, since my order from AT&T still shows "In Progress" Ordered 32GB Black on the 9th.

Still "In Progress"... I'm gonna stop checking... no really... I am... I'm gonna stop checking.... mommy?
  • Reply 130 of 223
    that's odd some of you are getting normal tracking again. mine still says:

LOUISVILLE,

KY, US \t06/17/2009 \t5:34 A.M. \tTHE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

\t06/17/2009 \t4:02 A.M. \tTHE PACKAGE IS BEING HELD FOR FUTURE DELIVERY. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON THE DATE REQUESTED

\t06/17/2009 \t2:06 A.M. \tARRIVAL SCAN

\t06/17/2009 \t1:58 A.M. \tTHE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

• Reply 131 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

that's odd some of you are getting normal tracking again. mine still says:

LOUISVILLE,

KY, US \t06/17/2009 \t5:34 A.M. \tTHE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

\t06/17/2009 \t4:02 A.M. \tTHE PACKAGE IS BEING HELD FOR FUTURE DELIVERY. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON THE DATE REQUESTED

\t06/17/2009 \t2:06 A.M. \tARRIVAL SCAN

\t06/17/2009 \t1:58 A.M. \tTHE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

MWUAHAHAHAHA
  • Reply 132 of 223
    yeah really, like i need to be told 3 times at one place that they are holding it. it's like they know how much its driving me nuts \ haha
  • Reply 133 of 223
    Mine was initially scheduled for the 18th, then that disappeared and no date was listed. Then the exception information disappeared and now the scheduled date is back to the 18th. Not going to plan for it being here until Friday. Seems they (Apple and UPS) planned for something that UPS botched.

In Transit - On Time

Scheduled Delivery: 06/18/2009

Shipped To: BOISE, ID, US

Shipped/Billed On: 06/16/2009

Product: WORLD EASE

Service: EXPRESS

Weight: .50 Kg
  • Reply 134 of 223
    ericemericem Posts: 2member
    I woke up to that same we're holding it in Louisville message everyone else got. Now that's gone and the status went from Exception to Transit, but now it's back in Anchorage, Alaska with no estimated delivery date. You know, heaven forbid they deliver it a day early. I'll just be happy if they deliver it on Friday at this point.

I wonder why I even care so much. I think it's just a phone and I have a perfectly good 3G iPhone running 3.0. Come Friday though, I'll be able to take a close-up picture of a flower and know what direction I'm facing. I can't wait!
  • Reply 135 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericem View Post

I woke up to that same we're holding it in Louisville message everyone else got. Now that's gone and the status went from Exception to Transit, but now it's back in Anchorage, Alaska with no estimated delivery date. You know, heaven forbid they deliver it a day early. I'll just be happy if they deliver it on Friday at this point.

I wonder why I even care so much. I think it's just a phone and I have a perfectly good 3G iPhone running 3.0. Come Friday though, I'll be able to take a close-up picture of a flower and know what direction I'm facing. I can't wait!

I feel the same way, though I'm going from a 2G to the 3GS. Why do I care so much? LOL!!!
  • Reply 136 of 223
    you guys are hilarious. i love these forums already.

anyway, my status is the same as the others now: no holding info anymore, but no delivery date either. i agree if i get it all this weekend i'll be happy

EDIT: nevermind the hold is displayed again, but this time only once. geez either they are as confused as us or their software is glitchy as hell
  • Reply 137 of 223
    Well, this is getting to be a bit silly...

Earlier this afternoon, the hold notices disappeared and my delivery date returned as 6/17 which, of course, wasn't going to happen. Then, about an hour later, the delivery date vanished. And now, this note has returned and the status has gone back to "Exception"

Quote:

LOUISVILLE,

KY, US\t 06/17/2009\t 4:00 A.M.\t THE PACKAGE IS BEING HELD FOR FUTURE DELIVERY. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON THE DATE REQUESTED

• Reply 138 of 223
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Okay, so I just called Apple. They said that all orders placed ON or before Wednesday June 17th are still scheduled to deliver on Friday June 19th. So they must just have a crapload of phones coming on unlabeled shipments and they'll just issue tracking numbers when they're in the States. So, probably tomorrow. Phew.
  • Reply 139 of 223
    It's been "Prepared for Shipment" for 48 hours! Come onnnnnn!!!!

And my credit card hasn't been billed yet either...

I'm begining to wonder if it will really get here tomorrow.

(I don't think I've ever been this anxious over a piece of electronics, I feel like such a geek )
  • Reply 140 of 223
    Mine took 2 days to go from shenzhen to chek lap kok....

My iphone is still in china....even though I ordered it last thursday....

They also removed completely my expected delivery date....now it just says "In Transit"...

So I literally went from "June 19th"....to "Umm...whenever it gets there"