iPhone 3G S faster than Palm Pre; 500K sales "conservative"

1131415161719»

Comments

• Reply 361 of 366
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Good idea... In some people's world, normal use and abuse involves occasional dropping of their phone on concrete.

It would seem to me that a device should be designed to handle occasional accidents though, even if it is as much as once a year. My iPhone didn't fare nearly as well as my previous phones and iPods have. Concrete (or marble or asphalt, etc.) isn't some very obscure surface that no one is ever around.

I made the mistake of not replacing the case soon after I quit using one that tore, a silicone case might have been enough. But I never used cases on my previous phones, rarely used them on my nanos.
  • Reply 362 of 366
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,521member
    Quote:

Exactly. Some people buy skins because otherwise their screen might scratch.

Edit: Hmmm, I wonder if it'll ever be possible for someone to say that iPhone screens can scratch without getting a rebuttal.

Heh heh!

I bought one so that there was much less chance of it getting scratched.

I already admitted that they can scratch. It's just difficult.

Though I will allow that you're a scratch magnet.
  • Reply 363 of 366
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Anything that doesn't void the warranty.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Dont? forget to qualify exactly what normal use and abuse is.

• Reply 364 of 366
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    I would believe that everyone drops their iPhones, you get some dings and scratches on the body of the phone, but few people have scratched screens.

Quote:

Good idea... In some people's world, normal use and abuse involves occasional dropping of their phone on concrete.

• Reply 365 of 366
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Well I guess the real question is what are the percentage of games and junk App vs real utility /productivity Apps. Has a pie chart ever ben shown? The perception is more of the former rather than the latter.

It's been a while since I've seen such a chart, but if memory serves, yes a great fraction of it is games. And yet I must state again: if the pie is very large (is there any doubt this is true with respect to the iPhone app store?) and a large fraction of it is something you consider "junk", then you can rest assured that there are a great number of people that disagree with your assessment.

What part of "free market" and "consumer" is it that you don't understand? Surely you don't think that your own reaction to everything is always in lockstep with the majority of people.

Thompson
  • Reply 366 of 366
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

It's been a while since I've seen such a chart, but if memory serves, yes a great fraction of it is games. And yet I must state again: if the pie is very large (is there any doubt this is true with respect to the iPhone app store?) and a large fraction of it is something you consider "junk", then you can rest assured that there are a great number of people that disagree with your assessment.

What part of "free market" and "consumer" is it that you don't understand? Surely you don't think that your own reaction to everything is always in lockstep with the majority of people.

Thompson

did you time travel again from june >>