• Reply 201 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sir Gilliam View Post

Androids are robots my dear friend!

these are not the droids you are looking for
  • Reply 202 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sir Duffel View Post

wow how ignorant are you? the top selling os is the android softwear. so gtfo fanboy

That doesn't mean it's better.

Bite me girly man, if your not to busy with balmer and gates..
  • Reply 203 of 218
    Quote:

wow how ignorant are you? the top selling os is the android softwear. so gtfo fanboy

And what has that to do with Apple OR microsoft?

And softwear would actually be clothing.

I assume English is your second language.
  • Reply 204 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krabbelen View Post

So, why are there NO viruses on OS X?

root access is not available, by default.
  • Reply 205 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DewChugr View Post

That doesn't mean it's better.

Bite me girly man, if your not to busy with balmer and gates..

So what does constitute as a better phone. The Droid 1 has a faster CPU (able to be reliably overclocked to 1.25GHZ), more memory, highly customizable and upgradeable, it comes backed by a more reliable and cheaper network. Oh and by the way the Droid is almost 2 years older than the iphone 4. Apple is putting out products that are already behind the curve. Have fun sucking Steve Job's dick and being a closed minded apple fan boy.
  • Reply 206 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enjourni;

Honestly I wish MS would go back to just writing software. Why doesn't MS make some quality software for iPad/Android? Is Balmer really that pigheaded to believe MS can come back when they are already this far behind?

Yep, it's called IE. MS has a very big ego and they think whatever they create with the right amount of marketing, packaging, And Ballmer's sales pitches it will sell and sell more even if it takes time.

Remember IE first came out while Netscape was at the top of the heap? Remember when Windows overtook Apple computers popularity and remember when Xbox entered the market while no one believed it could knock down nintendo and playstation and let's not forget how Windows NT Server killed Novell Netware in the business world. And others like Vb over Pascal.

MS has time and they think if they build it with their brand and marketing they'll sell millions and kill off the competition....only problem now is is that the game has changed and you now have better players in the game such as Google, RIM, Palm, Apple. MS is only used to playing with bad players in the past such as IBM or the little buyout companies that didn't stand a chance.

MS continues the exact same plays as always such as with Bing, they already tried buying out their competitor that didn't happen but they got the second best thing which is using your competitors technology.

Even if the WP7 is only halfway successful it will be successful...MS doesn't need to make a lot of money from this, this is just a long term goal to kill off the competition. Xbox was a money looser for a long time, so is Zune, Bing is slowly gaining traction.

MS makes so much $$$ on Windows and Office they can afford to be stupid and less innovative than competitors around them. Ballmer will not loose his position no matter how little WP7 successfully becomes because MS still continues to bring in ungodly amounts of profit from just those two divisions. They really have one of the best business models since they can just stop doing anything right now and still live large.

And no, I am no fan of Microsoft... I think they are lazy with Windows and Office.
  • Reply 207 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonhasyou View Post

the ratio of how many dick's steve job's sucks, to pussy pounded is 9000:1. With this in mind how can any scouter remain an apple fan boy?

its over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 208 of 218
    Where are the moderators on this thread?
  • Reply 209 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnonHasYou View Post

The ratio of how many dick's Steve Job's sucks, to pussy pounded is 9000:1. With this in mind how can any scouter remain an apple fan boy?

Quote:

its over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now now children ;-)

you should try and come up with something a little more intelligent,

stop relying on your older siblings, they're also benighted.
  • Reply 210 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emacs72 View Post

enterprise OSes are quite different than consumer-grade OSes for a tablet.

In what way?
  • Reply 211 of 218
    I did it, as you would say, for the LULZ
  • Reply 212 of 218
    4 chan is GOIN TO BRING THIS FORUM TO ITS KNEES!!!!
  • Reply 213 of 218
    troll failed.
  • Reply 214 of 218
    sambansamban Posts: 171member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stf2012 View Post

steve ballmer is a true freak of nature and quite frankly an embarrassment to himself and his company. i really don't know why anyone has any interest in what he has to say. i'd rather watch fox and listen to their crap. ... ok, maybe not that. i think if i were steve jobs and had the constipation, all i'd need to do is watch this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc

I would suggest this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Zar...eature=related
  • Reply 215 of 218
    "the brand means nothing to the user. Our brand means something to the user. It means something to the developer. It implies a certain level of consistency and high quality, which I think is important for the Windows Phone"

How can you fight an opponent you refuse to look in the eye??

Microsoft's brand is synonymous with crap and Apple's is renowned for its relentless dedication to detail. Ballmer should be canned, not 'lose half of his bonus'. Microsoft had record revenue in spite of Ballmer, not because of him. Either he truly has his head in the sand or knows he is way to screwed to state the obvious, that Microsoft has a long road in establishing itself as an innovative brand that makes consistently quality products. Either way, if I was a shareholder I would be calling for his head or selling everything and reinvesting by shorting the stock.
  • Reply 216 of 218
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

In what way?

the differences are varied depending if we're talking about Windows or the many flavours of UNIX. in very general terms, enterprise OSes support server clusters and fine grained resource management (i.e., restricting specific users with how much compute resources they can use).

there are other differences, of course, but this thread is about what Ballmer said in an interview and not about enterprise OSes.
  • Reply 217 of 218
    Yeah, the Microsoft brand means THREE things to me:

1. Slow.

2. Buggy.

3. I'll have to relearn how to do what I used to be pretty good at.
  • Reply 218 of 218
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadash View Post

Where are the moderators on this thread?

why are you screaming

old topic i know

but

oddly enough

apple 70% of its sales . I mean all dsales sync with a non apple OS .

OR apple has invaded msft land by trojan horse means. so balmer looks to his home grown loyal clients and millions upon millions already own itunes based devices that sync with their msft/intel boxes.

zune has under 2%

zune is a great device

4 yrs ago

if apple gets 59 percent os market share it will grow larger than some countries

rant over