NYT: iOS Maps another internet services blunder for Apple

1171819202123»

Comments

• Reply 441 of 454
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

What's your point? That the author doesn't understand the difference between correlation and causation? If that's your point, you're absolutely correct.

I'm not an expert on shares and stuff, so I'm probably speaking out of turn.

But if you had clumsily wiped  $30 billion from the value of your company, then wouldn't now be a good time to start a buyback programme?

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/share-buybacks-apple-kicks-off-10b-repurchase-plan-news-corp-sells-to-bskyb.html/

Is Apple buying at the current price, or the price at which they made the announcement in March?

• Reply 442 of 454

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

The NYT article explicitly stated that the new maps App was indicative of a general failure of Apple to manage Internet services.  

The fact is they set up and run iTunes the most successful ONLINE music and other digital content store ever seen, they have been running it day in, day out 24/7, 365 days a year for almost ten years, serving hundreds of millions of customers billions of purchases and the NYT  shows it's inherent bias by overlooking this "Internet service". 

It's there in black and white in the title of this thread,

NYT: iOS Maps another internet services blunder for Apple

Again pointing out a success does not having anything to do with the recent blunders that the NYT article is talking about.  A company that rests on pasts successes is doomed to fail, I can remember one in the late 70's early 80's that had a great product but failed to capitalize on it and continue to innovate instead of copy.....  what was its name again....  oh yes I remember APPLE!   There is no doubt that IPhone 5 is well behind the pack and didn't do a great job in innovation.  All it did was catch up but it didn't pass any of the competitors, there are plenty of phones out there, or about to come out, that on a feature for feature basis are going to kill IPHONE, including of all brands Sony with the xpedia V....  13 megapixal camera and waterproof.....  anyway I said I'm finishing with this forum, and should, as clearly the bias shown here is well beyond any reasoning.  As for mapping features Garmin/Asus put out two phones 3 years ago that are still unmatched in mapping and turn by turn instruction, being GPS based means you don't even need a internet connection for them work fine.

• Reply 443 of 454
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by ernysp76 View Post

There is no doubt that IPhone 5 is well behind the pack and didn't do a great job in innovation.

Any sane thoughts that led you to this conclusion?

All it did was catch up but it didn't pass any of the competitors…

YEAH, you're having a bad time being here, YEAH, you "want to leave" (despite returning), it's because people are calling out your BLATANT, DISGUSTING LIES, and you don't like it.

there are plenty of phones out there or about to come out that on a feature for feature basis are going to kill IPHONE, including of all brands Sony with the xpedia V….  13 megapixal camera and waterproof…

Which means what to anyone if the software is trash? Why haven't any of these phones that "surpass" the iPhone outsold it in the five years it has been on the market?

…anyway I said I'm finishing with this forum…

You're quite a masochist to have returned for more "punishment" after that tirade.

…and should as clearly the bias shown here is well beyond and reasoning.

No, that's your inaccuracy.

• Reply 444 of 454

No, no. I'm not "going the guy". You have made the current subject your desire to leave this place by trumpeting that in every post. A desire which, strangely, as it's a desire, you haven't fulfilled. "I'm going to leave. No, really, I am" and then not leaving? Calling that out isn't unwarranted.

And never mind that your original rebuttal to hill60's comment remains irrelevant and wrong, now you're just outright lying about the iPhone for whatever reason.

• Reply 445 of 454

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Any sane thoughts that led you to this conclusion?   

The suggestion that I might be "insane" is both insulting and unnecessary and again proves the point I made that people here can not hold a civil discussion without attacking the man instead of the ball as for the reason for my conclusion?  This is logical based on a simple search on your "favorite" search engines I guess the article by Investopedia is one of the better ones.

YEAH, you're having a bad time being here, YEAH, you "want to leave" (despite returning), it's because people are calling out your BLATANT, DISGUSTING LIES, and you don't like it.

Lies which ones in particular??  Please explain?  I can back my statements with facts one of which was quickly repeated by non other than the Apple CEO!  Now we have moderators calling poster liars is this allowed? Is this within the forum rules?

Which means what to anyone if the software is trash? Why haven't any of these phones that "surpass" the iPhone outsold it in the five years it has been on the market?

Software Trash?  Which software might that be? Google Maps maybe or any of the mapping software that the Apple CEO is now recommending above the Apple product perhaps?  BETA video was a better system than VHS the fact that VHS became the standard format didn't make BETA a lesser system.  As for outselling we are talking more than a single product with iPhone, in fact we are talking at least 15+ different variations of the iPhone in five years and it still won't let you put a SD card in it probably because to get extra memory you have to buy a different phone thereby artificially inflating the sales figures.  

You're quite a masochist to have returned for more "punishment" after that tirade.

So now I am "a liar", "insane" and to top it of "masochistic" and you say I let out a tirade!  Maybe you need to look up the meaning of the word.  But non the less why should anyone be "punished" for having a different point of view?  What happen to civil discourse without stooping to calling people liars and questioning their integrity?

No, that's your inaccuracy.

Please explain where I have been inaccurate?

• Reply 446 of 454

Oh in fact you'll find that the collective sales of all Android devices outsold the 15 + variations of the iPhones/iPads on a ratio of 2:1 (source Forbes.com 22 Aug 2012), similarly Android based open source music providers are collectively much larger than iTunes by a great deal but that is not to say that Apple has not been a great innovator, the point is it is no longer a class leader but instead a follower trying to imitate others including in this case Google Maps and largely stuffing it up (Apple CEO admits as much).  Once you could say "XXX" phone has all the features of a iPhone, and people would say well why don't I just buy an iPhone instead?  This is not the case anymore and in spite unprecedented sales of the 4 new variations of the iPhone 5 the collective sales of Android based phones is still well ahead and the gap will continue to grow until Apple pull another rabbit out of the hat.  The good news for Apple is it makes money out of every device sold whereas Google give the Android OS away for free! 

• Reply 447 of 454

Oh in fact you'll find that the collective sales of all Android devices outsold the 15 + variations of the iPhones/iPads on a ratio of 2:1…

Your point being what?

…Android based music servers are collectively much larger than iTunes by a great deal…

Uh, source? Name? What in the world is an "Android-"based" music server"?

The good news for Apple is it makes money out of every device sold whereas Google give the Android OS away for free! 

Just cannot stop lying, can you? I ignored most of the others because if you're still repeating them after they've been proven wrong hundreds of times, there's no hope or help for you.

• Reply 448 of 454

Quote:

Your point being what? The claim was made that iPhone outsold other phones for 5 years when in fact according to forbes.com the ratio is 2 Android Devices sold to 1 Apple and growing, other sources suggest it is about 4:1.

Uh, source? Name? Your the one calling me a liar so you prove me wrong!

What in the world is an "Android-"based" music server"?  You got me there I should have said open source music providers. (corrected thankyou).

Just cannot stop lying, can you? No one who has called me a liar has given any proof or examples of where what I have said is incorrect

I ignored most of the others because if you're still repeating them after they've been proven wrong hundreds of times (100's of times haven't seen one when where source???), there's no hope or help for you.  No hope for this forum if moderators continue to insult and accuse without being held accountable or follow the forum rules!  They continue to play the man and not the ball.

• Reply 449 of 454

The claim was made that iPhone outsold other phones for 5 years when in fact according to forbes.com the ratio is 2 Android Devices sold to 1 Apple and growing.

Yes, because I definitely meant 'overall', and not on a per-model basis like every meaningful report shows.

Your the one calling me a liar so you prove me wrong!

'Kay. 

You got me there I should have said open source music providers.

Oh, so piracy?

They continue to play the man and not the ball.

We're playing tennis. You have a shuttlecock. Forgive me if I don't care about it at all.

• Reply 450 of 454

High grade 4-MMC, MDMA, MDPV,JWH, 2C-E , methylone and other chemicals

We are one of the most reputable and trusted supplier of research chemicals and fertilizers:

Mephedrone 4 -MMC

MDAI

25B-NBOME

25C-NBOME

25I-NBOME

2C-C

2C-E

2C-I

2C-P

2-FA

2-FMA

3.4-DMMC

3-Meo-PCP

4-EMC

4-FMA

4-FMC

4-FMP (4 bis)

4-MBC

4-MEC

4-MeO-PCP

5-IAI

5-IT

5-MeO-AMT

5-MeO-DALT

5-MeO-DIPT

5-MeO-MIPT

A-796, 260

A-834, 735

A-836, 339

AB-001

AH-7921

AKB-48

AM-1220

AM-1248

AM-2201

AM-2233

AM-678/JWH-018

AMT

a-PbP

un PVP-(PV-3)

Benzedrone (4-MBC)

Benzocaína

Brephedrone (4-BMC)

Buphedrone

Butylone (bk-MBDB)

BZP

CB-13

D2PM

DOC

Ethcathinone

Ethylone (bk-MDEA)

Ethylphenidate (EP)

GW501516

JTE-907

JWH-081

JWH-122

JWH-203

JWH210

JWH250

JWH307

JWH370

MAM-2201

MBZP

MCPP

mdppp

MDPV

Mebuphedrone (4-MeMABP)

MeOPP

metionina

Methoxetamine (MXE)

Methylone (bk-MDMA, MDMC)

MPA

mphp

MPPP (PV-1)

N-ethylbuphedrone (NEB)

Pentedrone

Pentylone (bk-MBDP/PV-4)

PFPP

RCS-4/SR-19

STS-135

TFMPP

UR-144

URB597

URB602

URB754

WIN-48098 (Pravadoline)

XLR-11/PB2/5F-UR144

ZZ-1

Contact us: [email protected]

r

Our quality is 99.8% and it is the best you can find around and we sell in small/large quantities with guaranteed discreet delivery.

All of our products / chemicals are of high purity products, secure payment, very discreet next 48hours delivery, Fast and discreet international delivery. All of our products are provided in pure crystalline powder or pre measured treatment caps and are of the highest purity available. Contact for details, on any product or chemicals that is not on the list. We accept payment by pay pal or western union . Contact now
  • Reply 451 of 454

High grade 4-MMC, MDMA, MDPV,JWH, 2C-E , methylone and other chemicals

We are one of the most reputable and trusted supplier of research chemicals and fertilizers:

Mephedrone 4 -MMC

MDAI

25B-NBOME

25C-NBOME

25I-NBOME

2C-C

2C-E

2C-I

2C-P

2-FA

2-FMA

3.4-DMMC

3-Meo-PCP

4-EMC

4-FMA

4-FMC

4-FMP (4 bis)

4-MBC

4-MEC

4-MeO-PCP

5-IAI

5-IT

5-MeO-AMT

5-MeO-DALT

5-MeO-DIPT

5-MeO-MIPT

A-796, 260

A-834, 735

A-836, 339

AB-001

AH-7921

AKB-48

AM-1220

AM-1248

AM-2201

AM-2233

AM-678/JWH-018

AMT

a-PbP

un PVP-(PV-3)

Benzedrone (4-MBC)

Benzocaína

Brephedrone (4-BMC)

Buphedrone

Butylone (bk-MBDB)

BZP

CB-13

D2PM

DOC

Ethcathinone

Ethylone (bk-MDEA)

Ethylphenidate (EP)

GW501516

JTE-907

JWH-081

JWH-122

JWH-203

JWH210

JWH250

JWH307

JWH370

MAM-2201

MBZP

MCPP

mdppp

MDPV

Mebuphedrone (4-MeMABP)

MeOPP

metionina

Methoxetamine (MXE)

Methylone (bk-MDMA, MDMC)

MPA

mphp

MPPP (PV-1)

N-ethylbuphedrone (NEB)

Pentedrone

Pentylone (bk-MBDP/PV-4)

PFPP

RCS-4/SR-19

STS-135

TFMPP

UR-144

URB597

URB602

URB754

WIN-48098 (Pravadoline)

XLR-11/PB2/5F-UR144

ZZ-1

Contact us: [email protected]

Our quality is 99.8% and it is the best you can find around and we sell in small/large quantities with guaranteed discreet delivery.

All of our products / chemicals are of high purity products, secure payment, very discreet next 48hours delivery, Fast and discreet international delivery. All of our products are provided in pure crystalline powder or pre measured treatment caps and are of the highest purity available. Contact for details, on any product or chemicals that is not on the list. We accept payment by pay pal or western union . Contact now
  • Reply 452 of 454

Quote:

Yes, because I definitely meant 'overall', and not on a per-model basis like every meaningful report shows. Still not a lie though!

'Kay.    The article is 3 years old might want to look at what has happen more recently

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2012/09/itunes-dominates-music-sales-while-pandoras-footprint-soars-study.html which indicates a drop of 10% by iTunes but still 29% of all music sold at retail all sources.  I didn't dispute sales at any stage I was talking about the total number of providers.  But of course you do realize that the game has moved on and the quickest growing sector of the music market is not download music paid for on a peace meal basis but subscription services http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/DMR2012.pdf again we will we see Apple playing catch-up?  How much market share is it willing to loose another 10%?

Oh, so piracy?  No legitimate providers other than iTunes they do exist you know, including subscriber music services something iTune users don't have access to.

We're playing tennis. You have a shuttlecock. Forgive me if I don't care about it at all.  Yep playing the man is the tools of people who are loosing a argument as they have no facts to back them up, game set and match!!!

• Reply 453 of 454

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadmatic View Post

What does the lack of a web-based mapping service have to do with the iOS 6 Maps "blunder"?

One way is that with google I can plan a route on my desktop and send it to my phone. Whenever I want do that, I'm "stuck" with Google maps. 

• Reply 454 of 454

Maybe it also offers the map apps developers good chance to develop good map apps.