Taiwan's tech companies banding together with Apple to take on Samsung

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    msimpsonmsimpson Posts: 452member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

SJ is dead.  How about we all move on and talk about Tim Cook who is running the company now.  Should Tim Cook not care about the stock price and do everything SJ did.  That must be a fun existence in life to not be your own man (by the way Steve told him to do exactly that and not care what he would have done).

CRUS announced they took a writeoff of inventory because of 'reduced demand for a high volume product.'  Given everyone knows that is Apple, not a good thing when they have to write off $20mm+ of inventory that they can't sell because the end product isn't selling.

The market doesn't need Tim Cook to tell us sales are weak, others already have if you are listening.

The stock price of many tech companies is totally out of line with what smart long-term value investors would value them at.  The price of Apple, Google and others were driven up by speculative investors chasing any kind of gains during the economic recession.  Adjustments were inevitable. Speculative investors will always chase the hot stocks in the news, and I am sure many of those hedge funds made some nice profits on Apple, but now they are chasing the next big thing because Apple's growth has slowed, but that hardly means that Apple is in trouble, or losing, or going out of business.  And speculative investors chasing quick returns are not always right - witness the Facebook IPO/stock debacle.

And Apple is not losing customers. The markets they pioneered with the iPhone and iPad now have a lot of copy cat competitors.  A lot more phones and tablets are being sold, so while Apple's unit sales are steady or growing, their market share may be smaller, but their profits are still excellent.

Apple's P/E is around 9 and they have over $100B in cash.   Google's P/E is around 24.   I know which one I would invest in.  I doubt you would understand because you just repeat nonsense reported on media websites that make their profits from selling ads.  They appreciate all your web hits.

• Reply 122 of 128
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

How about instead of attacking me, you tell me why Apple is a good investment these days.  What are they going to do to grow earnings?  I don't think they can due to strategic missteps.

Apple is a good trader's stock, not an investment.  pick up @ 400 and it'll be up 7% in a few weeks for sell.

• Reply 123 of 128
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member

It doesn't matter about Samsung and Taiwan's little tiffs with each other.  Apple is about getting competitive advantages and they can no longer get that with Samsung as they are Apple's major competitor (a.k.a. a conflict of interest within Samsung) in several product categories.  Apple has to give Samsung advanced knowledge of their future products so some of that is a concern and being worked-out in the courts.

• Reply 124 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

And how does that influence Apple (the company)? What does it change?

How does it change the fact that every single device made by Apple is the best and best seller on their respective categories and they are making 15 billion each quarter while others are losing money or making 0 profit?

How does it change the fact that besides all that, the number of sales is always growing yoy?

How does it change the fact that Apple is already investing so much on their future (data centers, more investments on companies, supply chain contracts, etc?)

How does it change the fact that Apple earns now 3 or 4 times more money per quarter than they did jan 2010?

These are all SJ legacy.  Stock is back down to when SJ was around.  Apple needs the next SJ.

• Reply 125 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Oh, I see, you're waiting for the "shit storm" to pass.

Do you have a timeline of how long you will wait for the "shit storm" to pass? Or is this an infinite wait?

Wait for the K. war and apple will spike.

• Reply 126 of 128
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Samsung wants to kill Taiwan, but they'd have to get in bed with China to do that, and Korea and China aren't really the best of friends… 

Does Samsung hate Apple that much? ????

Samsung flatly denies they have a "kill taiwan" agenda. Stop spreading around false rumors.

They are gonna need any help they can get to even compete with Samsung. 

P.S. Haha, just as I predicted, AAPL is below $400 now. lol

• Reply 127 of 128
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Samsung flatly denies they have a "kill taiwan" agenda. 

Weren't they caught?

Stop spreading around false rumors.

No. How about you direct that at the source?

And stop defending these imbeciles.

• Reply 128 of 128
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Are there any people registered here on AI to defend this "Kill Taiwan" campaign? Coming from AP and not DigiTimes this looks like 'the truth'...

Well, if you read the AP article carefully, the "Kill Taiwan" rumor comes from a Taiwan's business magazine: 

"... Business Today, Taiwan's top business magazine, gave voice to those fears last month with an extensive cover story accusing Samsung Electronics of launching a 'Kill Taiwan' effort ..."

ok, I think this thread is now dead.  bye.