Samsung riffs on iPhone 6 'Bendgate' woes in new Galaxy Note 4 ad

Comments

• Reply 141 of 167
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    ipen wrote: »
    That's the difference between being a designer and an engineer.  Apple needs some good structural engineers to work with Jony Ive.

And you need more experience, or a better brain, or something. You don't think Ive has the best structural engineers he can get working with him?

Hints for you: the milled aluminum chassis on the MacBooks and the Airs, the friction-stir welded cases of the iMacs, the milled iP 5 and iPad cases, the deep-drawn Mac Pro cases, and so on.

Get it straight. The iP 6+ isn't bendy. Lewis Hilsenteger is bent.
  • Reply 142 of 167
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    wigby wrote: »

That stereotype was based on a decade of crashing and virus problems. It was well known that the dominant PC marketshare also brought many problems with it that allowed Macs to become the problem-free alternative underdog.

Samsung is jumping on a 1 1/2 week old story that was proven false by 3rd party testing. In the U.S., Samsung sells almost as many high end phones as Apple. Worldwide, Samsung sells many more phones than Apple. They are attacking the underdog and when you do that, you only create marketing opportunities for your competitor by educating all of your own customers. It's a marketing 101 failure based on Samsung's desperation.

I absolutely agree that the circumstances are not even remotely the same. You can't even call this Bendghazi crap an Apple or iPhone stereotype because it is such a small and new issue, but it is an issue people are aware of, hence my argument. They took something well known — real or invented is irrelevant — and made a fun ad that makes fun of it while showing how they are superior — again, real or invented is irrelevant — without mentioning or showing an Apple or the iPhone, which is rarity for Samsung.

I also liked their other recent ad with the Note puns.
  • Reply 143 of 167
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkyMarc43 View Post

You are CLEARLY on the wrong site. The troll bridge is just to the left.

Relic isn't actually a troll. Even though I disagree with many/most posts, they're well considered.

• Reply 144 of 167
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    relic wrote: »
    I played with the iPhone 6 Plus for a good hour or so, yeah its nice, never said it wasn't, art, it is not though. Why is it so hard to understand that I like unique gadgets, everyone has an iPhone nowadays, I've always gone against the stream. iOS is also still missing some key elements before I could ever use the iPhone as my everyday driver. Buit in filemanager, able to run more then 3 apps at once as long as I need them to run, 2GB of memory, apps need to communicate a little better the they currently do, able to choose my default web browser and the rest of the Apple apps that I can't change it's default status, etc. iOS has goten a lot better and I defiantly love using my iPad for music creation but it's still a little too restrictive for me, at least for everyday use, rignt now, maybe next year.

Apologies, especially for linking you with Bent-jamin Frost. I assumed you couldn't get out to see the new phones, and nothing you said indicated you'd seen them. The art part is arguable, always useless to go into that one.

I always marveled at your gadget appetite, and called you "eclectic Relic" a while ago. I say have at it, and I don't care if you never buy, or if you hate, iPhones forever.

But the frying pan comment set me off. I don't understand how or why people get hostile at manmade things and like destroying them. I wouldn't even wreck a fake-stitched fake-leather Samsung, let alone something of passionate workmanship like an iPhone 6 Plus. Yes, I know, Chinese laborers are polishing the glass edges or whatever, but that's even more reason to respect the object and not destroy it. People's blood, sweat and tears are in these objects and not just the designers'.
  • Reply 145 of 167
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member

You are CLEARLY on the wrong site. The troll bridge is just to the left.

Fyi. Relic's not a troll. We like her, although she can be a bit wordy. :)
    I've had my 6 since the 19th of September. It's in my pocket 10 hours a day easy. No case. No bends.
    I will say that this phone has an amazing feel to it, in the hand. I wouldn't dream of putting it in a case.

I wish I can feel the same way. I need to put a case on my 6. My 4S tried to commit suicide a few times.
  • Reply 146 of 167
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Originally Posted by digitalclips:

Not one Gatorguy post defending Apple against the FUD I see! 1oyvey.gif
    Other than 4 hours prior to your comment? I'm surprised you wouldn't bother to see if I did if it was important enough for you to comment on.
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/182649/samsung-riffs-on-iphone-6-bendgate-woes-in-new-galaxy-note-4-ad/80#post_2612321

The link doesn't bring up any particular post, it just loads the top of page 2. What is it supposed to be? Proof you don't defend Apple from FUD? ;)
  • Reply 147 of 167
    I've had my 6 since the 19th of September. It's in my pocket 10 hours a day easy. No case. No bends.
    I will say that this phone has an amazing feel to it, in the hand. I wouldn't dream of putting it in a case.

I also have no bends, and no case, and I carry it exclusively in my jeans' front pocket. I guess we're doing something wrong.
  • Reply 148 of 167
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Originally Posted by digitalclips:

Not one Gatorguy post defending Apple against the FUD I see! 1oyvey.gif
    Other than 4 hours prior to your comment? I'm surprised you wouldn't bother to see if I did if it was important enough for you to comment on.
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/182649/samsung-riffs-on-iphone-6-bendgate-woes-in-new-galaxy-note-4-ad/80#post_2612321

The link doesn't bring up any particular post, it just loads the top of page 2. What is it supposed to be? Proof you don't defend Apple from FUD? ;)

Actually it links to post #112.
  • Reply 149 of 167

I also have no bends, and no case, and I carry it exclusively in my jeans' front pocket. I guess we're doing something wrong.

Sure you are.

You make no mention of scuba diving, so I'm not surprised you have no bends.
  • Reply 150 of 167
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,585member

If it didn't take you to my post about it "you're holding it wrong". :D Takes you right to post 112.
  • Reply 151 of 167
    People are still believing that nonsense?
  • Reply 152 of 167
    Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

What does any of this have to do with water?  What on earth is wrong with you?  

Maybe if you’d read the posts in question before replying to them you’d understand what is being discussed.

• Reply 153 of 167
    probably a hedge against an expected hand-bending test by pundits when the handset hit the market...
  • Reply 154 of 167
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Apologies, especially for linking you with Bent-jamin Frost. I assumed you couldn't get out to see the new phones, and nothing you said indicated you'd seen them. The art part is arguable, always useless to go into that one.

I always marveled at your gadget appetite, and called you "eclectic Relic" a while ago. I say have at it, and I don't care if you never buy, or if you hate, iPhones forever.

But the frying pan comment set me off. I don't understand how or why people get hostile at manmade things and like destroying them. I wouldn't even wreck a fake-stitched fake-leather Samsung, let alone something of passionate workmanship like an iPhone 6 Plus. Yes, I know, Chinese laborers are polishing the glass edges or whatever, but that's even more reason to respect the object and not destroy it. People's blood, sweat and tears are in these objects and not just the designers'.

Frying Pan comment, oh, I think you should go back and read what I said one more time. I was refering to hitting people who tell me what I can and cannot do to my gadget, if I want to put it in my back pocket I will, never said anything about breaking iPhones. Maybe you shouldn't speed read these things. Whatever though, it's okay I make stupid assumptions all the time from speed reading.

• Reply 155 of 167
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What does any of this have to do with water?  What on earth is wrong with you?  

Maybe if you’d read the posts in question before replying to them you’d understand what is being discussed.

Yawn. 1 out of 10. Try again.

• Reply 156 of 167

Okay. Don’t bother replying if all you’re going to do is spam.

• Reply 157 of 167
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Okay. Don’t bother replying if all you’re going to do is spam.

Once again, I recommend that you listen to your own advice.

• Reply 158 of 167

When I see other companies mentioning Apple, or any other company for that matter in their advertisement(s), I don't consider buying that particular product the company is advertising because that just makes the particular product seem inferior. Samsung seems to have some kind of problem with Apple in particular and no other company. Samsung mentioning Apple in their ads places yet another addition to a bunch of stupid strategies Samsung does with their phone business to compete against a company that is obviously superior to them. Only scared or threatened companies mention their competitors, because if a company wasn't scared or threatened by another company there wouldn't be a reason to mention your competitors in the first place. 

The Samsung mobile executives are a bunch of imbeciles. Just look at the way they design their phones, present it in a keynote (do you really need three people up there at a time?), and then make direct advertisements mentioning their competitor. Look at the way they release their phones--a recent example being the great milestone of 30,000 total Note 4's sold so far because the company is too stupid to release the phone in other countries at launch. Look how far the Note 4's release is after it was unveiled over a month ago.

Samsung will never be thee top phone brand in the world simply because they would rather follow the masses instead of doing their own thing and make something that has high quality. I don't care how high their market share percentage is because that's not what business is all about. Running a business is about profit margins; thus, making money, which is the reason a business is started in the first place. Apple a lot more money than Samsung. Apple does everything right that the Samsung mobile executives will never understand, which are profits, quality, and not running their own operating system, but another company's operating system. 

• Reply 159 of 167
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,585member
    When I see other companies mentioning Apple, or any other company for that matter in their advertisement(s), I don't consider buying that particular product the company is advertising because that just makes the particular product seem inferior.
    In this instance tho Samsung doesn't mention Apple
  • Reply 160 of 167
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

In this instance tho Samsung doesn't mention Apple

However, I can see that even though Apple wasn't mentioned by name in the article, it is obvious this is another one of Samsung's pathetic advertisements trying to downplay the iPhone 6/iPhone 6 plus. 

The company spends so much on advertising dollars to bash Apple they've forgotten how much their profits have shrank this year.