iPhone 6 outselling iPhone 6 Plus by 3-to-1 margin in US - report

Comments

• Reply 181 of 201
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by danny602 View Post

iPhone 6 plus is in short supply, you can't purchase a phone that isn't available, can you? I spoke with an AT&T employee, one month after the release of the new iPhone, that particular store had only received 4 iPhone 6 plus units, customers opted for what they could get their hands on, the iPhone 6 has been in greater supply.

You purchase iP6+ thru Apple doesn't take long. mine took 2 weeks , that includes the 6 days it takes to ship, so what is you problem exactly? I guess Apple has sold about 20M of em

• Reply 182 of 201
    So... The 6 still shows an availability of 3-4 weeks. Perhaps people are buying the 6 because they don't want to wait.

I can't believe nobody else brought this up. Seems pretty obvious to me that supply constraints would affect sales. Or we could all come up with our own reasons based on our personal preference. Oh, wait, you guys have already done that...
  • Reply 183 of 201
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I look forward to buying a 3.5"-4.5" iPhone 6s next year.

You'd be advised to learn a bit more about the various iPhone models first.

An iPhone 6s is a possibility, but a 3.5 to 4.0"" iPhone 6s is a bad joke !

• Reply 184 of 201
    paul94544 wrote: »
    You purchase iP6+ thru Apple doesn't take long. mine took 2 weeks , that includes the 6 days it takes to ship, so what is you problem exactly? I guess Apple has sold about 20M of em

I was surprised my iPhone 6 Plus from T-Mobile shipped in 6-7 days when they quoted me 1-8 weeks. Unfortunately, I never received an email for tracking from T-Mobile so I went to my post office to find out it had been sitting there for 3 days.

My 16GB Space Grey iPhone 5S trade-in went well but I was a bit skeptical since the free shipping gets sent via USPS in such a way that it doesn't include tracking or certification, nor is it possible to purchase. The $365 credit appeared on my account about 10-12 days later.

My ETF for switching from AT&T was submitted online and approved 14 days later. They also say up to 8 weeks. I expect the Visa or MC preloaded card will be mailed early next week and arrive a few days later.

All in all, pleased with T-Mobile even though I wish they had more and better towers along the highways I travel. Verizon is still the best for service but it's not worth it with their tactics. I'm also a big fan of T-Mobile's website. Much cleaner and more modern than the other major US carriers.
  • Reply 185 of 201
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    After nearly two months with my iPhone 6, I picked up my iPhone (first ‘un) to check on something.

And I felt bad. Because it felt nubby in my hand. Fat and curvy and all stubby and stuff. Tells you how well they’ve designed their new, insanely thin products. But it’s still a great size for a phone.
    You're entitled to feel the way you feel of course, but I couldn't disagree more.

It seems pretty clear to me that the design of the iPhone 6 is what Jobs and I've were going for from the beginning. Had the technology existed, I've no doubt the original 2G iphone would have been almost identical to the 6. It has the same rounded edges, mostly metal and glass, just not the fit and finish. So what you have in the original is a 6 prototype which has the perfect dimensions for a phone, it fits beautifully in the hand and is extremely easy to use with only one hand. The main drawback is the weight. If the original iPhone were about the thickness and weight of the iPhone 5, with the 6's fit and finish, it would almost be the perfect phone.

Comparing them at the Apple Store, you can see the direct evolution, and similarity. The iPhone 6 is simply too thin (and too big). They really should have stopped it at the thickness needed for the camera to sit flush, and take advantage of the extra space for a larger battery. If they offer a 4" screen next year, and trim the height as much as possible, they'll be very close to being back to the original form factor.

I like the 5s I am currently using, but it's a little too tall,ao that it feels top heavy as if it's going to fall out of my hand when my hand is manipulating it toward the bottom. But otherwise, it feels right. A lot more so than the 4 series, or the 3, and much more like the original iPhone which I remember simply wanting to hold and touch all the time, even if I wasn't using it. By direct comparison it's isn't as elegant, but it's just as stylish.
  • Reply 186 of 201
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I decided to do get the iPh6+ as a combination device (sold my Retina iPad mini), but mainly for the extra battery life. I did first go to an Apple Store to make sure it fit in my jeans front pocket whilst sitting down. Adequate room and possibly slides in and out more easily because the curvature compared to 4+ years of a thicker, squared-off design. That said, if I could do it again I think I'd go with the 4.7" model. No real reason for that just thinking that 4.7" would be sufficient.

I'm also not a fan that the iPh6+ has some iPad-like features that the iPh6 doesn't. One that I find particularly annoying is the Home Screen can be turned in all 4 directions but if you click on an app, even default apps, they be upside down, which is unlike iOS for iPad apps.

I love the iPhone 6. Balanced.
  • Reply 187 of 201
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I'm also not a fan that the iPh6+ has some iPad-like features that the iPh6 doesn't.

I’ve found the lack of OIS to not be a problem, but compared to my film camera I really miss optical zoom. I have to get far closer to spiders than I’d otherwise wish...

A cropped image, here, but still rather far.

• Reply 188 of 201
    Apple could have left the phone about the same dimensions as the iPhone 5 & still fit a 4.7" screen in there. Take a look at the G3 vs 6 .. Both 5.5" screens.. 1440x2560 (G3) vs 1920x1080 (6 ),146.3x74.6x8.9 (G3) vs 158.1x77.8x7.1 (6 ) 3000mAh (G3) vs 2915mAh (6 ), 13mp (G3) vs 8mp (6 ), micro SD & Qi vs N/A & N/A. LG for a lot more into a smaller volume.
  • Reply 189 of 201

I love the 5.5" and I'd have gone larger if one was on offer.

I'd prefer a different aspect ratio, like the iPads', but the 6+ will do for now.

I spend most my time reading, typing and gaming: the bigger, the better!

• Reply 190 of 201
    I'm also not a fan that the iPh6+ has some iPad-like features that the iPh6 doesn't.

I’ve found the lack of OIS to not be a problem, but compared to my film camera I really miss optical zoom. I have to get far closer to spiders than I’d otherwise wish...

A cropped image, here, but still rather far.

If you would please desist from posting photos of spiders in the future, I'd be most grateful.

Yes, optical zoom is the main weak spot of the iPhone camera, and until Apple can incorporate it, will keep me using my Canon Ixus.
  • Reply 192 of 201
    Are you from USA
    Do you like to get iPhone 6
    http://bit.ly/11tLmX8
    Yes, there are free pull him free offer to get it for free now he limited display
  • Reply 193 of 201
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I decided to do get the iPh6+ as a combination device (sold my Retina iPad mini), but mainly for the extra battery life. I did first go to an Apple Store to make sure it fit in my jeans front pocket whilst sitting down. Adequate room and possibly slides in and out more easily because the curvature compared to 4+ years of a thicker, squared-off design. That said, if I could do it again I think I'd go with the 4.7" model. No real reason for that just thinking that 4.7" would be sufficient.

I'm also not a fan that the iPh6+ has some iPad-like features that the iPh6 doesn't. One that I find particularly annoying is the Home Screen can be turned in all 4 directions but if you click on an app, even default apps, they be upside down, which is unlike iOS for iPad apps.

It's not a replacement for an iPad. I sold my iPad Mini 2 and plan on getting the iPad Air 2.
  • Reply 194 of 201
    undefined
  • Reply 195 of 201
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    peteralt wrote: »
    It's not a replacement for an iPad. I sold my iPad Mini 2 and plan on getting the iPad Air 2.

I never use my iPad anymore since I got my iP6+. I simply have no need for it anymore.
  • Reply 196 of 201

There will be buyers that have the 3GS and 4 iPhones coming in for replacement unless they did not upgrade to their iOS versions.   Let see how many of them buy 5C and 5S compare to 6 and 6 plus models.  I think these people will go to 4" instead of the larger size models.

• Reply 197 of 201
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Brakken View Post

I love the 5.5" and I'd have gone larger if one was on offer.

I'd prefer a different aspect ratio, like the iPads', but the 6+ will do for now.

I spend most my time reading, typing and gaming: the bigger, the better!

I think you may have wanted the iPad Mini Retina - 3 but could fit it in your pocket!  LOL!

• Reply 198 of 201
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    false
    harry wild wrote: »
    I think you may have wanted the iPad Mini Retina - 3 but could fit it in your pocket!  LOL!

You laugh but I would use one as a phone if it supported GSM phone calls. The Sony Z3 Tablet Compact for instance actually makes a very good phone, well, as long as you have a bluetooth handsfree.

I'm still waiting on this.....

• Reply 199 of 201
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

• Reply 200 of 201
    I calculated that a 6.3" would be perfect :D