Apple announces $199 iPhone 6s & $299 6s Plus with 3D Touch, A9 CPU, rose gold color, coming Sept. 2

Comments

• Reply 101 of 156
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    That was the Storm, right? I tested that phone when it was new and the push screen was horrendous. It was in no was comparable to Apple's 3D Touch.

Was that year's iPhone comparable to the one they just announced? Silly comparison.
  • Reply 102 of 156
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member

Some surprising short comings on the spec. 4K recording still uses the H.264 codec rather than the more efficient H.265 one, and despite a 5MP FaceTime camera, FaceTime video is still 720p rather than 1080p and no mention of increased RAM. Also it seems to use the same (now relatively slow by contemporary standards) 5 element f2.2 lens as before, despite the higher-res sensor. The A9 seems to be a worthy upgrade though, I wonder if its still dual-core? As for the 3D Touch feature, I'll have to try it out before passing judgement on that.

It was the iPad Pro that wowed me today the most though, despite knowing more or less what to expect...I really want one of those! The accessory keyboard cover and Apple Pencil were also impressive if quite pricey designs.

• Reply 103 of 156
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

Damn, the 6s still does not have optical image stabilization. This makes a bigger difference than anything else for taking clear photos.

• Reply 104 of 156
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Does the ? pencil work with the new iPhone 6S?

With a Force Touch* trackpad on the Macbook?

(*) I am glad they renamed 'Force Touch' to the more imaginative '3D Touch'.

Every time I heard "Force Touch" I heard "bad touch" - so by me the name was a bit of a sexual assault victim trigger and I therefore also much prefer 3D Touch....

• Reply 105 of 156
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    [@]sog35[/@] proven wrong yet again.

Don't forget no mention of an AppleHub. I don't think I saw anything on HomeKit.
  • Reply 106 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Was that year's iPhone comparable to the one they just announced? Silly comparison.

I was pointing out that the two technologies weren't even close to being the same for those who keep saying, "Well, the Blackberry had it first."

• Reply 107 of 156
    solipsismy wrote: »
    [@]sog35[/@] proven wrong yet again.

Don't forget no mention of an AppleHub. I don't think I saw anything on HomeKit.

I pointed that out in another comment, but thanks for the heads-up.
  • Reply 108 of 156
    I was pointing out that the two technologies weren't even close to being the same for those who keep saying, "Well, the Blackberry had it first."

BB had an innovative idea, but the tech wasn't ready, and they implemented it badly.
  • Reply 109 of 156
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

No mention of whether or not the 6S has Optical Image Stabilization?

If that's the case I may definitely downside from the 6 Plus.

"... improved local tone mapping, and optical image stabilization." 

From "Learn more about 6s Cameras".

• Reply 110 of 156
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    Sog bans himself on a lot of topics: lost to me on ATV price too. I said it would start betwenn $99-$149 while he said starting from $299...2 weeks ban there.
  • Reply 111 of 156

Not sure why anyone listen to that clown.

Isn't he the same person, where he can't understand logistics that Apple can't buy itself?

Or is this the same person, who said ATV will bring in $xx Billion revenue, Music will bring $xx Billion revenue, Car will bring $xx Billion revenue, Hub will do this, HealthKit will do that,...... and all companies in those competing fields will disappear soon?

Maybe he is butt hurt with his emotionally high investment in AAPL stock.

May be he will pre-empt himself and ban himself now rather then waiting for end of year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I pointed that out in another comment, but thanks for the heads-up.

• Reply 112 of 156
    Is the screen size still only 1080 on the plus, or have they gone for a 2k or 4k display?
  • Reply 113 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrail View Post

yep the entire product line.

Not quite.

Please, please Apple can we have a new MacPro. It's been nearly two years...

• Reply 114 of 156
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member

The Rose Gold looks better than I thought it would.  Before today I had no interest in it (my 5S and 6 and 6 plus are all gold/white, while previous 5 was black).  I was going for Space Gray this time around. Now, I am not so sure.

This was an exciting announcement day, no doubt.  Would like the iPad Pro (our newest iPad is the iPad 3 and some original minis) but budget constraints will push that out a year probably...

ATV though will be here asap after they put them up for sale.

• Reply 115 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Does the ? pencil work with the new iPhone 6S?

With a Force Touch* trackpad on the Macbook?

(*) I am glad they renamed 'Force Touch' to the more imaginative '3D Touch'.

Well, it's actually different from the Watch, because you can use the stylus and it has more levels of touch sensing than the Watch.

• Reply 116 of 156

Well, it's actually different from the Watch, because you can use the stylus and it has more levels of touch sensing than the Watch.

So far I have only found two types of touch on the Watch: tap and Force Touch. I can't find anything that brings up anything different from a tap when done as a long press that doesn't constitute a Force Touch press.
  • Reply 117 of 156
    majani wrote: »
    Is the screen size still only 1080 on the plus, or have they gone for a 2k or 4k display?

Of course it hasn't changed. Are you saying 400.53 PPI isn't good enough?
  • Reply 118 of 156
    zroger73 wrote: »
    My iPhone 6 just opened up Siri when Craig said "Hey, Siri!" while watching the live broadcast on it. Oops!

In some future Apple keynote someone says:
    "Hey Siri, execute Order 66."
  • Reply 119 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Of course it hasn't changed. Are you saying 400.53 PPI isn't good enough?

Eh, just wondering. I'm not sure how much of a visible different 534 would make vs 400 (25% increase? Should be noticeable?). My current Nexus 6's screen doesn't look too noticeably different to my iPhone 6+ (496~ vs 400), but on my S6's (2k, 5"), 577DPI does look very very much sharper and has spoiled me slightly.

• Reply 120 of 156
    ash471ash471 Posts: 705member
    B
    Absolutely. I only have ONE device backing up and it's only 4GiB and yet I finally broke down to get the 20GiB limit for $1/month just so I could stop getting all those fucking warnings when I'm only using about 80% of my data. Another 30GiB, or 300TiB means nothing to me.
    I had the same thing happen at 19 gb, but had to buy the effing 200gb option. I'm glad to see I can drop back down to $1/month.