Ladies and Gents My iBook has died!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 81 of 123
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    what about if .5% of dodge trucks had a problem with the transmission within 10,000 miles?

if you bought one anyway, then the transmission went bad and was replaced for free, would you expect it to go out again?

sorry, you just drew the short straw here, and happened to be one of the few who got bad hardware.
  • Reply 82 of 123
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    "Forget what the warrenty is an Apple Laptop should last at least three years without a MB failure. Is that so much to ask."

Yes, actually, it is.

"I bought the thing with that expectation and I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation."

But it is. That may change in a better world, in the future, but that ain't how it is now.
  • Reply 83 of 123
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member

chandlerbing

"Could your expectations BE any more unreasonable?"

/chandlerbing

This is what warranties are FOR. Not only could this happen with ANY manufacturers' laptop, but it is LESS likely with Apple than with any other manufacturer.

Grow Up!

Your whining is pointless and pathetic (but adds lots of insight into your FC/AO postings).
  • Reply 84 of 123
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    I thought you brushed away your unreasonable attitudes toward Apple, Fellowship, I guess I was wrong.

I am frankly amazed how so many modern computers dont break. They are such complex beasts. I believe a G4 motherboard is a 14 layer board, that's crazy. Now I imagine the laptops motherboard have the same complexites and all compressed to under one inch. Scary!

Zoom back 15 years to the Mac Plus, they is only one layer per side boards with just DIP chips! Ofcoarse they go on forever, they're too dumb to break!

So it could be anything on the motherboard, Fellowship. A burnt out voltage regulator, a burnt out transistor, a burnt out diode or whatever are on the boards. These components are small and it doesnt take much for them to break if you think about it.

Anyhow,

Quote:

"I spend all my days dealing with these sorts of situations: complex electro-mechanical systems that have at least a thousand mechanical components to go wrong (usually diagnosable at a component level), and a good few million electronic components to go wrong (rarely diagnosable below board level)."

What do you work on, a peice of the international space station?!
  • Reply 85 of 123
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Update

Apple has told me the computer has failed after the "repair" I may never get it back and if I do it may never work correctly...
  • Reply 86 of 123
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    in my experience if they can't fix it they give you a brand new one.

at least that's been my experience.
  • Reply 87 of 123
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Apple has told me the computer has failed after the "repair" I may never get it back and if I do it may never work correctly...

you should be shot.

no "if's" or "but's". just shot.

• Reply 88 of 123
    Quote:

Update

You may want to re-word that, since, it was in warranty wasn' it? if so, the way you worded it makes it sound like Apple aint gonna send one back, and if they do, oh well, it wont work correctly.. again you need to relax, take some chill pills.
  • Reply 89 of 123
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Repair number 1 failed: they have another stab.

Big deal: the number of times I've not managed to sort ou a problem at the first stab, I can't remember...
  • Reply 90 of 123
    Quote:

dude give me a break, what you think their just not gonna send you a computer back. Its not like its some guy named Jimmie in a barn fixing computers. this is their business, they make and fix computers. you should be happy it failed at apple not at your house.
  • Reply 91 of 123
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    OK, I know it's been way over-used, not to mention it's over (sooooo last year),

BUT I'm afraid I can't resist....

"FCiB, you're a few bits short of a byte"

"You ARE The Weakest Link.... GOODBYE !"

• Reply 92 of 123
    Actually, I think his reasoning can easily be explained...

Withdrawel, like drugs users, when the drugs are gone, they go looney! his ibook is down and no mac to use, he has simpley gone insane. When Apple finally gets him a new 'stash' of mac goodness. he may return to normal, if it takes too long though the symptoms may go away.

• Reply 93 of 123
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

I'll get the music. Anyone else want to volunteer to take care of one?

(dude, you are SO asking for it)
  • Reply 94 of 123
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Quote:

Update

Haven't you missed a so they're sending me a brand new replacement off the end?

If I were you I'd insist they do, on the basis you need a reliable computer and soon. I'm sure you could get a good price for your original iBook, but an even better one for a brand new machine (unopened). Just say it was an unwanted present and sell it at a hundred dollars or so below the cost price. It sounds to me as if your luck may be in.
  • Reply 95 of 123
    I think he got scared off, calmed down, or is afraid to reply.

• Reply 96 of 123
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    You guys are a laugh sometimes. The funny part now is that I really don't miss the iBook at this point. My Sony Vaio is doing a great job.

The latest update is that my iBook is not back today which was the date promised back at the latest. I asked when I could expect to have it back and they simply "just don't know".

I know that if I were a Dell user in this thread saying the same things about a Dell Laptop you all would have a different reply to my postings. I think I would see replies such as " See you should have known to get an Apple" and perhaps "PC's Suck" "Get an Apple"

I am glad you all are so unbiased.

Fellows
  • Reply 97 of 123
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

I know that if I were a Dell user in this thread saying the same things about a Dell Laptop you all would have a different reply to my postings. I think I would see replies such as " See you should have known to get an Apple" and perhaps "PC's Suck" "Get an Apple"

I am glad you all are so unbiased.

Fellows

I have two DIY boxes on the floor of my den right now. There's nothing more to say in this thread other than "You're a fool."

Fool.
  • Reply 98 of 123
    Quote:

You guys are a laugh sometimes. The funny part now is that I really don't miss the iBook at this point. My Sony Vaio is doing a great job.

Fellows

See, his addication is wearing off now..But I think it is funny that the guy loved his machine so much, he had it in his screen name, suddenly it breaks, and all of the sudden its a POS.. I hope you arent that way with God.

• Reply 99 of 123
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

I hope you arent that way with God.

<Gets beer and lawn chair to watch this>

This is gonna be good
  • Reply 100 of 123
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Note to self:

Keep eye on thread.