Official World Series Topic

Comments

• Reply 81 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I've never seen such a bad playoff performance as soriano

then obviously you missed every playoff game by the astros in the past decade...

biggio and bagwell are anti-clutch. i still dont understand why people like them so much in this state...
  • Reply 82 of 130
  • Reply 83 of 130
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Funny things work out.
  • Reply 84 of 130
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

then obviously you missed every playoff game by the astros in the past decade...

biggio and bagwell are anti-clutch. i still dont understand why people like them so much in this state...

welllll....you're correct in that i didn't watch those.

but, surely they must have come close to making CONTACT

soriano goes up looking like he's going to swing in one spot every time and pray the ball goes there.

O M G

that's all i have to say, ruben sierra is CLUTCH
  • Reply 85 of 130
    Quote:

welllll....you're correct in that i didn't watch those.

but, surely they must have come close to making CONTACT

soriano goes up looking like he's going to swing in one spot every time and pray the ball goes there.

no, they're worse. everytime something gets started, biggio or bagwell come up and promptly hit into a doubleplay or popup in the infield when they need to hit a fly to the outfield to score a run. absolutely NO production. talk about overpaying underproducing deadends...

now there's a situation where loyalty (on both ends, mind you) needs to be severed.

oh, and have you seen biggio try to play centerfield?? i've never seen a worse outfielder in high school, let alone the pros. pittiful...
  • Reply 86 of 130
    hmmm.... contreras decided to pitch well in the playoffs.....phew....

now, it MAY seem arrogant BUT, yankees just have everything working for them and they seem to be getting the luck...... i think the marlins are good as dead.
  • Reply 87 of 130
    Quote:

i think the marlins are good as dead.

are they dead in the water??

oh, i'm so punny! think i could work for fox??
  • Reply 88 of 130
    25 STRIKE OUTS

bench him! i don't care how good he is, he sucks this post season and hasnt shown any signs of coming around.
  • Reply 89 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

are they dead in the water??

oh, i'm so punny! think i could work for fox??

i think it's low tide baby.

im punnyer
  • Reply 90 of 130
    Quote:

25 STRIKE OUTS

bench him! i don't care how good he is, he sucks this post season and hasnt shown any signs of coming around.

i'm playing next inning. i had a lil chat w/ the boss and we figured it all out. don't worry.
  • Reply 91 of 130
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I agree with Applenut. What we're seeing is Championship Luck ?. The Yanks are oozing it right now. If the Marlins don't win it right now, I think it's game over.

Not to take anything away from the great teams who put themselves in a position to take advantage of "luck" like the Yanks.

By the way, why would a manager take out a pitcher that's pitching so well? The guy was cruising.
  • Reply 92 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

By the way, why would a manager take out a pitcher that's pitching so well? The guy was cruising.

it's called pitching 115 pitches. have you ever done it? i've thrown over 150 regularly, but i wouldnt recommend it to pretty much anyone. these days, 120 seems to be the "limit." and since urbina had been so successful before, most managers would have done the same thing in the same situation. hindsight is 20/20.
  • Reply 93 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

115 pitches. Only 3 complete games in his career. You don't want to tempt fate. The Bo Sox did it and lost.
  • Reply 94 of 130
    coolest thing.... i dont have a tv in my dorm room.

soooooo.... brother is streaming the DirecTV feed to me from NY

• Reply 95 of 130
    Quote:

hmmm.... contreras decided to pitch well in the playoffs.....phew....

now, it MAY seem arrogant BUT, yankees just have everything working for them and they seem to be getting the luck...... i think the marlins are good as dead.

I wouldn't count them out even if they are down 3 games to 1. And even if the Series ends up going only 5 or 6 games, it was pretty satisfying.
  • Reply 96 of 130
    Wow, Braden Looper actually pitched well. Another great game waiting for an fitting end.
  • Reply 97 of 130
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by penseive

115 pitches. Only 3 complete games in his career. You don't want to tempt fate. The Bo Sox did it and lost.

Nah. Pedro had been getting hit the last couple of innings. Little stuck with him the previous inning and survived. At the first sign of problems i.e a hard hit double he should've pulled Pedro.

This guy was cruising. The manager should've let him pitch to the first batter and THEN pulled him if he allowed someone to get on base. World of a difference there.

**** Applenut...Yanks just blew a great chance to go ahead. You know what that means right? Marlins about to win it. jk
  • Reply 98 of 130
    What a game. Unbelievable. Shaping up to be another awesome World Series.
  • Reply 99 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Any better internet play-by-play than that crap SI.com?

The official MlB.com Gameday is the best, IMO.
  • Reply 100 of 130
    uhoh

i remember when the yankees got wheaver (sp?), he was supposed to be their future. i like their future!