AI member awards

Comments

• Reply 41 of 178
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Funny thing is, that even though I'm here a lot, I have a life...no really, I do!!!

I am actively involved in my church, I play in a band or two, I swim and play water polo competitively, I bike (mountain and road), I produce short films, I play several different instruments (which goes along with the bands I play in), and I have a very active social life.

I manage to pull all that off while going to school full time to be a paramedic and fire fighter, as well as working close to 40 hours a week. How do I do it? Beats me, but when I figure it out, I'll be sure to share the secret with ya'll.
  • Reply 42 of 178
    Is getting your Paramedic cert the same as it is here in Boston? Tuition for the class was about close to ten grand, and you had to do about six months of ridealongs with Boston EMS and in a local ER.

I'm imagining that Chicago's 911 calls go to CFD, which responds with ALS trucks... In Boston we have BostonEMS, a wholly separate entity from BFD, that handles the 911 calls.
  • Reply 43 of 178
    It depends on what EMS system you are in, there are a few that divide up Chicago and suburbs. The tuition for the school I am at is relatively low, less than $5,000 for the year long program. You are required to do a minimum of 1000 hours of outside of the class room training, including: ride alongs, ER time, OR time...lots of work and lots of hours. As far as the CFD handling EMS, they do. EMS and fire are being integrated in most major metropolitan areas, and I'm sure Boston will one day follow suit. It's a huge money saver. So now to become a fire fighter, one must also get a paramedic license as well. The CFD has ALS (advanced life support, similar to an ambulance) engines and trucks, but they also have ambulances as well. That's the way most suburbs are going now too (I'm sure most everyone's communities are going that way, or already have) they have ambulances, but ALS engines as well to provide additional EMS support.

Speaking of EMS...gotta go to class.

Edit: Forgot some stuff.
  • Reply 44 of 178
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

PS5533, I declare you the Noob of the Moth.

Lol thanks but is that from research of past posts of mine, sympahty or mocking?
  • Reply 45 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I think this title should be reserved for quagmire.

hmmm haven't been paying too much attention to others? are there any big things he has done or something... all i know is that we both made the switch? anyone want to fill me in?
  • Reply 46 of 178
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    edit: Silly Dupes!
  • Reply 47 of 178
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

hmmm haven't been paying too much attention to others? are there any big things he has done or something... all i know is that we both made the switch? anyone want to fill me in?

Um... Quagmire, welllllll..... <self control regained>

I think DMBand is the person to ask about this...
  • Reply 48 of 178
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    me?
  • Reply 49 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Um... Quagmire, welllllll..... <self control regained>

I think DMBand is the person to ask about this...

You see where you <regained self control>?

Yeah, don't ask me about this because I wouldn't <regain self control> I would <bash skulls> or <kill people>...you get the idea

If you really care, PM me and I'll let you know what problems I have with the kid, I don't feel like dragging him through the mud here...although I probably will anyway, just because it's fun. The last post on page 1 of this thread explains some of my reasons, you can figure out the rest by yourself.
  • Reply 50 of 178
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Hi.
  • Reply 51 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

You see where you <regained self control>?

Yeah, don't ask me about this because I wouldn't <regain self control> I would <bash skulls> or <kill people>...you get the idea

If you really care, PM me and I'll let you know what problems I have with the kid, I don't feel like dragging him through the mud here...although I probably will anyway, just because it's fun. The last post on page 1 of this thread explains some of my reasons, you can figure out the rest by yourself.

well i see what you mean and now recall your remarks... i often misspell words and am also 14 but i think clearly and thoroughly before posting... i hope i'm not on your list... and i do pay attention for school papers

PS
  • Reply 52 of 178
    P.s i also just learned about safari's spell check... yay!!

PS
  • Reply 53 of 178
    Quote:

Oh, there are so many classics...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...322#post567322

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...740#post567740

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...780#post567780

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...304#post579304

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...286#post586286

We still love you, quagmire. We just hope you'll put a little more thought into your posts in the future.
  • Reply 54 of 178
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    As many people say, " As a person gets older( in this case more posts) the wiser he will get." As I remember my very first posts were hororable. Now with more posts I got a little wiser and a little more cautious.
  • Reply 55 of 178
    but what about the people who said quagmire gets noob votes from them... would they like to explain his qualities to me...i just want to know why people don't like me or do i just not make an impact
  • Reply 56 of 178
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

but what about the people who said quagmire gets noob votes from them... would they like to explain his qualities to me...i just want to know why people don't like me or do i just not make an impact

The sad truth PS5533 is that I already accepted the award and added to my sig. There is no way you're going to get me to change my sig.
  • Reply 57 of 178
    Quote:

posted by quagmire [/i]

The sad truth PS5533 is that I already accepted the award and added to my sig. There is no way you're going to get me to change my sig.

ok its really not too important? i have my own mac and i bought it my self thats something that makes me happy and i really don't care about noob of the month i was just inquiring as to why u get it not me lol i am rambling now so peace... my friends call me tim or ppl online some times PS so if you wish you can do that.

^the above post does not reflect PS5533's regular postings he is sorry for all effects this could have on you

PS
  • Reply 58 of 178
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    is there anyone we can give the "being a girl" award?
  • Reply 59 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

haah i guess my last post on this thread could win it but only if were doing individual posts ;-)
  • Reply 60 of 178
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

Well...there is Neo, and Carol...and I know there are like two other women who post here rather regularly, but we now have somewhere in the area of 14,500 guys and 4 girls registered to AI.

However, PS and quagmire arguing like a bunch of 14 year olds...wait...

uhhh, or everyone in AO who argues like a bunch of old ladies, that kinda pisses me off. I say we just give it to everyone who acts like a dill hole in AO.