Star Wars Episode 3

Comments

• Reply 181 of 224
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Edit it non-linearly and throw in the Boba Fett animated segment from the Christmas Special, and I'll buy it. Oh and bloopers in the credits.
  • Reply 182 of 224
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

no because lando system was before the births!

or maybe there was never any lando system... and yoda got pissed off with obiwan because he's like, you were able to find a missing planet making the clone army by studying gravity wells and you had full access to the jedi temple and archives and starcharts and sh1t and you ask me a dumbass question like "Lando system? huh?"

oh man its 7am where i am now, i woke up at 6am, f9ck it i'm going back to sleep my posts are getting more and more off-tangent.
  • Reply 183 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Edit it non-linearly and throw in the Boba Fett animated segment from the Christmas Special, and I'll buy it. Oh and bloopers in the credits.

all of natalie portman's scenes will be chopped from 1, 2 and 3 and go into the blooper reel.

*sigh* a younger jodie foster would have been perfect for episode 3. i LUVVED her in contact. a bit too geekily intense a character, but a brilliant actress.

natalie portman :

oh and i would re-dub grievious with the cool "english-villian-accent" he had in clone wars animated series.... umm because... only the villians with crisp british accents are good villians... or new-england-east-coast-type well-enunciated north american accents ala james earl jones' Vader.

edit ( i swear i'm going back to sleep soon) Palpatine, that sly devil, probably told the medical droids when they were fixing him up... "for heavens sake please give him a decent accent instead of his whiny young adult one"

to which the medical droids said:

Roger Roger. (you old Codger)
  • Reply 184 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

and the jedi council, qui gonn and obiwan weren't doing the same thing?? albeit of course for 'light side' purposes.... <yodavoice>hmmmm?</yodavoice>

You can only take that Jedi/Sith relativism so far (as in the real world).

I do not buy the argument that Sith and Jedi are purely arbitrary choices.

Now, the Jedi as depicted, DID make huge mistakes. They were not nearly nurturing enough from the start. They criticized him far too abruptly, to his face. (And all the Chosen One talk in his presence! Stupid.) When someone is stubborn or impatient, telling them so to their face only solidifies it. Instead you need to create exercises around them, craft their experience so that they can see what your are teaching them is true and has value to them. That's not to say you can't criticize or punish, but doing so without any underlying framework just makes monsters.

Quote:

speaking of the seduction part, not to say that i wasn't disturbed and there were some strong paedophilic connotations, with palpatine looking a bit like a dodgy old codger... \

In the balcony seats no less. Downright Victorian.
  • Reply 185 of 224
    Can we splice in some of Natalie's semi-nude Closer footage into, say, the Episode II bar sequence?
  • Reply 186 of 224
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Speaking of the Episode 2 bar scene. One thing that I would change, given the opportunity, is the music in that scene. Lucas totally had a chance to create the next generation's 'cantina music' but all we got was boring atmosphere filler.

I think I actually heard that lucas specifically chose not to have poppy music there because people would accuse him of trying to recreate the cantina. But screw that, they could have totally had some kicking electro funk fusion in that scene.
  • Reply 187 of 224
    It is well documented but oft forgotten that one of Vader's early tasks upon the end of the Clone Wars was to help enforce a unified financial system for the Galactic Empire. Vader's attempts at humor were perhaps a way for him to get used to his new prison of twisted metal and charred flesh.

made on a iBook g4 933mhz 256mb ram with google images, .Mac, iPhoto 4 and Keynote2

• Reply 188 of 224
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

[B]<snip>

That's great! Do you mind if I post this elsewhere? (with due credit of course.)
  • Reply 189 of 224
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    OMFG,

I just saw Ep 3, and I must say...

That movie sucked big hairy troll nuts!

I could go on in detail, but I'm just too entirely pissed right now. I feel like shooting George Lucas in the head in exactly the same way that the general in South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut did to Bill Gates.

Sheeeeeeeesh! Arrrrrrrrg! Grrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhh! Fffffffffffffff........!

• Reply 190 of 224
    ^ Potential SW E3 suicider...
  • Reply 191 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by DiscoCow

That's great! Do you mind if I post this elsewhere? (with due credit of course.)

just an idea that came to me last night... spread it with my blessings no crediting required ~ spiders may find me username and all that ~ just say from AppleInsider Forums

enjoy
  • Reply 192 of 224
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

just an idea that came to me last night... spread it with my blessings no crediting required ~ spiders may find me username and all that ~ just say from AppleInsider Forums

enjoy

That I will. Thanks.
  • Reply 193 of 224
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    <hsimpson=voice>Mmm, Burger King...</hsimpson=voice>

Ok, ok...
  • Reply 194 of 224
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

You can only take that Jedi/Sith relativism so far (as in the real world).

I do not buy the argument that Sith and Jedi are purely arbitrary choices.

Now, the Jedi as depicted, DID make huge mistakes. They were not nearly nurturing enough from the start. They criticized him far too abruptly, to his face. (And all the Chosen One talk in his presence! Stupid.) When someone is stubborn or impatient, telling them so to their face only solidifies it. Instead you need to create exercises around them, craft their experience so that they can see what your are teaching them is true and has value to them. That's not to say you can't criticize or punish, but doing so without any underlying framework just makes monsters.

In the balcony seats no less. Downright Victorian.

Yes I must say that I was totally disapointed by this episode. The Jedis lack totally of subtility and intelligence.

Note also that Anakin is supposed to be the strongest : why did he loose against Obi Wan ?

Sidious act like a basket case escaped from an asileum, and has nothing in common with Palpatine (is this a remake of Dr Jekkyl and mister Hide ? )

There is too many weakness in this movie. I preffered the first trilogy : perhaps I am too old.
  • Reply 195 of 224
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

The Jedis lack totally of subtility and intelligence.

This is addressed in episode 2 as well as 3. The jedi power has been waning, they are unable to sense the dark side that is growing all around them. What's more, they are blinded by their position. They become arrogant and ultimately useless. The jedi were never ascribed to be a subtle bunch though, that's the sith's job.

Quote:

Note also that Anakin is supposed to be the strongest : why did he loose against Obi Wan ?

The whole point about Anakin being the 'strongest' is that he is brash, arrogant, and unfocused. He may have more raw talent and capability than any other jedi, but he doesn't know how to use it, and he's too hotheaded to focus his power. Think about how he lost to obi wan. Obi wan didn't out perform him with the swordplay, Anakin thought that he was more powerful than he was, and he made a foolish jump that gave obi wan a very clear shot at him.

Quote:

Sidious act like a basket case escaped from an asileum, and has nothing in common with Palpatine (is this a remake of Dr Jekkyl and mister Hide ? )

Yea, there was a strange disconnect between how he acted as sidious and as palpatine, it was a little much imo, but ultimately, he's obsessed with power, and he's also a master at being manipulative. So he'll act and appear one way, when he's really something completely different. Not too far fetched or unreasonable imo.
  • Reply 196 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

This is addressed in episode 2 as well as 3. The jedi power has been waning, they are unable to sense the dark side that is growing all around them. What's more, they are blinded by their position. They become arrogant and ultimately useless. The jedi were never ascribed to be a subtle bunch though, that's the sith's job.

The whole point about Anakin being the 'strongest' is that he is brash, arrogant, and unfocused. He may have more raw talent and capability than any other jedi, but he doesn't know how to use it, and he's too hotheaded to focus his power. Think about how he lost to obi wan. Obi wan didn't out perform him with the swordplay, Anakin thought that he was more powerful than he was, and he made a foolish jump that gave obi wan a very clear shot at him.

Yea, there was a strange disconnect between how he acted as sidious and as palpatine, it was a little much imo, but ultimately, he's obsessed with power, and he's also a master at being manipulative. So he'll act and appear one way, when he's really something completely different. Not too far fetched or unreasonable imo.

totally agree. especially sidious/palpatine, that was awesome, pure dark side subterfuge... jedi: yup, episode 1, 2 and 3 is about the fall of the republic and the jedi 'knights' that are supposed to protect it... so story wise i think episode 3 brought everything to bear very well. i'd chop out tons of dodgy bits in episode 1 and 2 though ~ 90% of it

edit:

mace windu ~ went a bit too ballistic when he realised that the supreme Sith lord they have been chasing is right under his nose

obi wan ~ he is a great jedi but his greatest failing is losing anakin to the dark side

yoda ~ the only jedi that shows true wisdom. fesity, but ultimately tries to come to terms with his failure and the collapse of the republic, also, from right under his nose.

i think the epic saga lucas was trying to portray has come to fruition, like i said, if you are willing to let 90% of the dodgy bits in episode 1 and 2 slide.

• Reply 197 of 224
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    The thing that bothered me the most was the fact that Mace Windu seemed to have an easier time with Palpatine than did Yoda. I would have thought that to not be the case. Though, I guess I could speculate that Palpatine set the trap to ultimately turn Anakin to the darkside and thus let Mace get so close to killing him....hmmmmmm
  • Reply 198 of 224
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

The thing that bothered me the most was the fact that Mace Windu seemed to have an easier time with Palpatine than did Yoda. I would have thought that to not be the case. Though, I guess I could speculate that Palpatine set the trap to ultimately turn Anakin to the darkside and thus let Mace get so close to killing him....hmmmmmm

by choosing sites anakin made palpatine more powerfull... look at him like a sort of parasite.
  • Reply 199 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

by choosing sites anakin made palpatine more powerfull... look at him like a sort of parasite.

yeah his only purpose is to gain more power... look at episode 6 ~ he rules the galaxy and the rebels are completely f8cked but, no, he wants a new apprentice, he wants luke to kill off wheezing old vader to gain even more power...

yeah the mace windu thing in episode 3 was very well staged to get anakin to his side... with the whole "oh... help me..."
  • Reply 200 of 224
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Mace Windu, was the supreme chief of the Jedi, and thus may be the most powerful Jedi.

Yoda said to Obi Wan Kenobi,in the final part of the movie, that Mace Windu discovered the secret of immortality and spoke to him.