- Last Active
Mike Wuerthele said:jwdawso said:Another Neil article where he has no clue who AI and Apple customers are.For instance, if you think that, then you think that nearly the entire Apple user base wants a Mac mini tower, with PCI and PCI-E storage. The reality is, almost nobody outside the "core" AI readership gives a single crap about it. In fact, most prefer thin and light everything, instead of the constant cry that we get here for a shitload of ports, and thick to support that.
Reviews like this have to appeal and apply to the larger audience, and not just the AI "core." Related to this, we've turned off comments on tips, because of ridiculous comments like "Why did you write this, this is obvious" -- when it really isn't to most.The AI "core" is 30% of our total readership, and dropping, as Apple's reach grows and we grow in readership. We're not abandoning that core, but there is zero chance we're going to ignore the other 70%.
This was a rational, honest and well done review... a 2.5/5 would be a middle "C" grade, which Neil justified and defended well.
rorwessels said:I hate to ask this of the OP. But, isn’t the new 2021 12.9” iPad Pro still a TFT LCD? The only thing that really changed was the backlight tech. It’s not like Apple introduced a Micro-LED display. MicroLED displays combined the great characteristics of an OLED display with the potential for refresh rates and no burn in of TFT LCD displays.
Apple has been rumored to be working on MicroLED for a few years now.
Based on Apple's "personality" and engineering I think they would rather skip OLED... given they now have introduced their first mini-LED my SWAG would be they'll both move to that across their lines as well as increase the number of ZPI (zones per inch) with smaller LEDs and improved controllers... and in the mean time ramp up the uLEDs (first with the Apple Watch) until one day the product line is all uLED (with the Apple Display being the last... looking at the calendar 2025 would be aggressive... we'll get an Apple Car sooner ).
Eventually the pin-head MBA douchebag/baguette gets their way in the management meeting when it comes to the agenda item "how we gonna juice up revenue numbers in the short-term?"... by the time that decision bites said MBA has moved on with their bonus to go screw up and milk some other firm that's being bozo-fied.