Verizon sets its sights on Apple, AT&T in ad campaign

1234568

Comments

  • Reply 141 of 166
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post


    I have told you numerous times to add me to your ignore list.



    iDon't Care What you think.



    If that's really true, you too can block people so that you don't have to see their responses. Apple isn't preventing you from adding the block.



    Quote:

    Ride the Google Wave...



    Wait... you can't. Steve won't let you.



    Apple doesn't block web pages. I didn't look into the special iphone app though.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solar View Post


    The message in the commerial is clearly to current Verizon customers, "Don't leave us now if you do you'll just come crawling back after the droid has crushed the iPhone".



    Was there an ad that showed the device itself? The video I saw didn't show it at all. I hate ads that don't bother to show the d@mn product.
  • Reply 142 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post


    If the iPods and iPhones are so terrible, why are they dominating the marketplace and why is everyone chasing Apple instead of verizon? hmmmm ? And how many generations of verizon POS will it take to come close to what Apple has developed?



    The iPhone is not dominating the market place. RIM still has four of the top six smartphones including the #1 spot in both Q1 and Q2 this year. Verizon is still the #1 network. No one is scared of Apple.
  • Reply 143 of 166
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    It seems the only way to compete with the iPhone is to compete against 2007 (the Pre) or against 2010 (Droid). The question is what equals direct competition for the iPhone 3GS right now? Why is Verizon not toughing any of its shipping products as competition for the iPhone?
  • Reply 144 of 166
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    Apple doesn't block web pages. I didn't look into the special iphone app though.



    As far as I know there will be a wave app made by the Waveboard guys.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu3uz5KLedw



    "This is Waveboard the iphone client for Google Wave I wrote for the iPhone yesterday..."



    Heh...I wrote "hello world" yesterday (for my own Google Wave federated server but still...).



    iPhone webapp version:



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZe09...eature=related



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr0xX...eature=related
  • Reply 145 of 166
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    Was there an ad that showed the device itself? The video I saw didn't show it at all. I hate ads that don't bother to show the d@mn product.



    Here's one that shows the product, which, by the way, kicks every other phone's ass and makes coffee out of it:



    http://www.pomegranatephone.com/



    Now THAT'S how vaporware is done!
  • Reply 146 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post


    We don't hate you ... we just feel sorry that you're stuck in such a pathetic life ... big difference!



    Hey Einstein.



    I was referring to Apple Fan's Vendor hate list. Who do any of you actually like?

    1. Apple

    2. ????



    Steve's pissed about every other venfor off.
  • Reply 147 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post


    You know, I used to find you funny in an odd f*cked up sort of way, but this is just nonsense garbage.



    The football quote just shows you up as the mindless jock that you are. Pretending to be insightful when your real purpose is merely hate is lame.



    Drop the fake poetry and just scream at people.

    That's more like the "real you."



    That's a shame, because I never liked your Blind Apple Following or you in particular for your knowledge in any of your postings.
  • Reply 148 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post


    Links? Tech blogs don't count. This is their beat...pissing contests = page hits.



    We don't need an "iPhone killer" designed around the iPhone features itself. An iPhone killer is something out of left field done with the same level of polish and a whole new dimension.



    I watched Football all day yesterday and that commercial showed at least 30 times.

    Even the Sunday night game.
  • Reply 149 of 166
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post


    Here's one that shows the product, which, by the way, kicks every other phone's ass and makes coffee out of it:



    http://www.pomegranatephone.com/



    Now THAT'S how vaporware is done!



    Yah, that's an awesome ad campaign in attracting folks that a) have a sense of humor and b) like to think outside the box to Nova Scotia. if I ever thought of Nova Scotia before it would have been: It's cold and I guess their main industry is fishing.
  • Reply 150 of 166
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post


    I watched Football all day yesterday and that commercial showed at least 30 times.

    Even the Sunday night game.



    That's showing the ad. Not that it is all over the news.
  • Reply 151 of 166
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    I would suppose this signal 2 things for certain:

    1.) iPhone is not going to Verizon

    2.) iPhone will get a flash next June to take pictures in the dark

  • Reply 152 of 166
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walletinspector View Post


    I'm looking to leave Verizon since they don't have the iPhone. I've looked at other phones and IMO they don't come close to an iPhone. So until I switch I'll stick to my cheapy phone with no features beyond it being a phone.



    I switched from Verizon in July and I'm much better off for it.

    It's the iPhone that ties your Mac life all together.
  • Reply 153 of 166
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post


    Addabox,



    There's ~130 replies in this thread at this point and half of them are from you. Shut your friggin keyboard off and go get some more Apples to munch on. You don't need to respond to every person posting on the board. What a fanboi...



    My goodness, what a cranky little douchebag you are. Are you drunk, stupid, or both?
  • Reply 154 of 166
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drknite30 View Post


    Why should I buy a phone and get stuck to one carrier. How is that capitalism?



    Because they are their companies and that is how they want to do it, for better or for worse, as long as it is not illegal.

    Quote:

    Why can't I buy the best phone out there and go to the best service out there.



    So you want socialism, not capitalism?
  • Reply 155 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post


    Er, why would you be addressing any of that to me? Read those posts again.



    Sry - rush posting between meetings - that was directed at Drknite30 of course - my bad.
  • Reply 156 of 166
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by masternav View Post


    Sry - rush posting between meetings - that was directed at Drknite30 of course - my bad.



    No worries, I figured as much.
  • Reply 157 of 166
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    The iPhone is not dominating the market place. RIM still has four of the top six smartphones including the #1 spot in both Q1 and Q2 this year. Verizon is still the #1 network. No one is scared of Apple.



    you fail to distinguish, as does the press, between the first gen smartphones and the second gen - of which the iPhone was the first. second generation smartphones are big screen complete touch UI's that are part computer, part PMP, and part communication device that can do so much more than the first gen products. the only BB second gen product is the Storm. no Win Mobile product is second gen at all yet (needs a stylus). Nokia just has the N97, etc. Pre and Android yes of course.



    Apple IS dominating the second gen market. and yes they are all scared about that, playing catch up.
  • Reply 158 of 166
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebg View Post




    Basically, I feel like saying that phones should be carrier independent is like saying operating systems should be hardware independent. That would be like me saying that I should be able to run OSx on my old Dell laptop, and Apple should cater to me, because I don't want to buy a Mac. Sometimes exclusivity is a good thing and allows a company to differentiate itself from its competitors. I really feel like this is a non-issue.



    Psystar doesn't
  • Reply 159 of 166
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post


    Addabox,



    There's ~130 replies in this thread at this point and half of them are from you. Shut your friggin keyboard off and go get some more Apples to munch on. You don't need to respond to every person posting on the board. What a fanboi...



    Woah there cowboy! There are a couple posters on this forum that jack every thread with their incessant bitterness, which also means they are in almost every reply, too. At least Addabox is moving the thread along in an intelligent fashion.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post


    AI is not any sort of credible litmus test of...well...anything. The ad is weak and hasn't worked for Palm either...and they actually have a device that doesn't suck.



    [?]



    Wrong demographic.



    I see your point, but I will have to disagree. It seems to me that many of the people that hate the iPhone, just really hate the idea of being like everybody else (even though it?s 3%?), hate Apple and/or AT&T, but actually want an iPhone, so a device that is trying hard to associate itself with the iPhone is a good way to go to grab their attention. I could be wrong, but preliminary data looks promising.
  • Reply 160 of 166
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    I see your point, but I will have to disagree. It seems to me that many of the people that hate the iPhone, just really hate the idea of being like everybody else (even though it?s 3%?), hate Apple and/or AT&T, but actually want an iPhone, so a device that is trying hard to associate itself with the iPhone is a good way to go to grab their attention. I could be wrong, but preliminary data looks promising.



    Assuming that VZW gets the Pre early next year then these folks will be in heaven. Sorta.



    What preliminary data? Comments in tech blogs?
Sign In or Register to comment.