nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[CENTER]Looks Good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIIjT...layer_embedded[/CENTER]

Possibly.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

And there you have it!. Looks nothing like an iPhone!

Nah, looks unimpressive.

That's it. Call me an Apple zealot. But I sense the Fail in this one.

15 years later and it's Windows Notepad application... now on a Tablet. woooo
  • Reply 142 of 167
    Microsoft/HP tablet announced. "Sometime this year". Mmmm smell that vapor.
  • Reply 143 of 167
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    The only thing more infuriating than MS not showing the Courier is them purposely blocking the Halo Reach trailer on their live streaming site. I shoulda went and just got some damn beer and watched Jennifers Body on Blu-Ray.

Seriously disappointing, was about as boring as Sony's E3 conferences.
  • Reply 144 of 167
    Steve Jobs and Jonny Ive are probably laughing their asses off at this whole CES thing.
  • Reply 145 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ifail View Post

The only thing more infuriating than MS not showing the Courier is them purposely blocking the Halo Reach trailer on their live streaming site. I shoulda went and just got some damn beer and watched Jennifers Body on Blu-Ray.

Seriously disappointing, was about as boring as Sony's E3 conferences.

Well, there's some hope for you yet.

Project Natal might have some hope, and anyway Xbox360 will continue to be a strong player in consoles/video games.

Windows 7 64bit, yeah, it's alright, but my only problem is my WiFi reception is quite bad (had to use an alternative driver for my Linksys 802.11g PCI card) compared to Vista and XP.

No courier, it's a laptop that's just a screen. I am BLOWN AWAY. Not.
  • Reply 146 of 167
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Well, there's some hope for you yet.

Project Natal might have some hope, and anyway Xbox360 will continue to be a strong player in consoles/video games.

Windows 7 64bit, yeah, it's alright, but my only problem is my WiFi reception is quite bad (had to use an alternative driver for my Linksys 802.11g PCI card) compared to Vista and XP.

No courier, it's a laptop that's just a screen. I am BLOWN AWAY. Not.

The Xbox 360 was probably the most interesting part of the entire show, not the lame ass pcs they were showing for home media stuff (cool i guess if you dont have a setup already)

still i know that is going to be pretty tame compared to what will come from 360 when E3 drops.

Natal is shaping up to be pretty cool but i wont run out and buy one unless there is content that warrants it, hopefully Peter Monoleux has something for it when it nears release.

As for the Courier... that was a facepalm moment. I really hope someone digs into Ballmer sometime this week, tech blogs everywhere are disappointed to say the least by the no show and then weak showing of a dolled up tablet (poor HP, no one cares about them right now to be honest) was just not what anyone wanted and you can definitely tell by the audience vibe they were WAITING for a Courier to show its face
  • Reply 147 of 167
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Seems like a rather bland tablet from HP...meh.
  • Reply 148 of 167
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Seems like a rather bland tablet from HP...meh.

[CENTER]Oh...

I guess you somehow believe that Apple's (decade-late) entry into the tablet computer market will somehow sport a drastically different form-factor.[/CENTER]
  • Reply 149 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[CENTER]Oh...

I guess you somehow believe that Apple's (decade-late) entry into the tablet computer market will somehow sport a drastically different form-factor.[/CENTER]

Nah they never do anything cool, just like their decade late entry into the cellphone market sucked. Sorry but the HP "slate" was so unimpressive even Monkey Boy didn't waste any time talking about it, haha it was running the kindle app now thats impressive!

You aren't even a good troll are you?
  • Reply 150 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

Nah they never do anything cool, just like their decade late entry into the cellphone market sucked. Sorry but the HP "slate" was so unimpressive even Monkey Boy didn't waste any time talking about it, haha it was running the kindle app now thats impressive!

You aren't even a good troll are you?

[CENTER]...and the basic fundamentals of making an argument are obviously not your forte.

There was no mention of any device 'sucking' in my post, merely that the form-factor of these kind of devices is often very similar.

Bitter Much?[/CENTER]
  • Reply 151 of 167
    icyfogicyfog Posts: 338member
    Again, I think John Gruber's nailed it in regards to Ballmer's keynote speeh.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2010/01/06/tablet-pcs

Quote:

I honestly think Microsoft renamed these things on the basis on a rumored name for Apple’s tablet, just to try to fuck with them.

Later

Quote:

Maybe Microsoft thinks they’re somehow sticking it to Apple by taking the “slate” name first, but everything tablet-related they announced on stage was boring non-news.

And

Quote:

I’m left with the impression of a company that’s flailing.

Flail away Microsoft, flail away.
  • Reply 152 of 167
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

The Courier on the other hand, is *classic* vapourware.

using your own definition, its not.
  • Reply 153 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icyfog View Post

god gruber just gets stupider with each post

The tablet PC, which has been around for friggen ages, is a PC that screen revolves around the create the writing./touch surface, or also knwon as a convertible tablet

a slate tablet is one that resembles a writing slate, with no keyboard.

Like this

http://www.tabletkiosk.com/products/sahara/i400s_pp.asp

strangely, been around a couple of years, and called a -oh noes- slate

MS must be flailing around trying to copy apples *possible* name before apple *possibly* releases something

evil microsoft

or stupid gruber
  • Reply 154 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icyfog View Post

Later

And

Flail away Microsoft, flail away.

[CENTER]Hmm?

Maybe you should consider another hobby, as the act of thinking doesn't seem to be working too well for you.

Gruber is just another lifeless drone spewing forth the same old tired anti-MS rhetoric over and over.

[/CENTER]
  • Reply 155 of 167
    Before Ballmer's keynote yesterday show me where Microsoft referred to a slate computer prior to the rumours of Apple supposedly releasing a device with that name.
  • Reply 156 of 167
    I never claimed microsoft termed it. They are using a name for a style of tablet that has been around for many years.

If Dan Bricklin created the Slate Corporation twenty years ago to program for slate tablets, was he merely precognitive and trying to fuck with Apple?
  • Reply 157 of 167
    No. I would say no to the Slate Corporation.

I asked for a Microsoft slate reference prior to yesterday.
  • Reply 158 of 167
    The slate still has the Windows task bar at the bottom. How original. Welcome to the bold new world of tablet computing. What a Phailnote.
  • Reply 159 of 167
    Quote:

Hmm?

Maybe you should consider another hobby, as the act of thinking doesn't seem to be working too well for you.

Gruber is just another lifeless drone spewing forth the same old tired anti-MS rhetoric over and over.

Thinking aint doing much fer you either, Einstein.

There's nothing tiring about spewing vitriol on a convicted monopolist that can't innovate but can copyvate.

Shrugs. Keep the trollware coming...you're in for a beating sooner or later...

Lemon Bon Bon.
  • Reply 160 of 167
    Quote:

The slate still has the Windows task bar at the bottom. How original. Welcome to the bold new world of tablet computing. What a Phailnote.

YEh. Funnee dat, looks like all the previous M$ tablet attempts... Look, we've put this Windows OS in yet another form factor. Look, it's 'just the same', good, right? Def' a Phailnote.

Lemon Bon Bon.