Palm CEO, former Apple exec says he's never used an iPhone

Comments

• Reply 101 of 259
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

AppleTV is a JOKE- who are you fooling? It's time has come and gone. Blu ray machines now do practically everything that it tried to accomplish.

There's [passionate and then there's delusional- it a very thin line. Quadra at least makes sense.

Well, well, well... if it isn't Teckstud repackaged in a shiny new name wrapper.

How did you break out of your parents' basement Teckstud? Managed to slip out during feeding time?
  • Reply 102 of 259
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

A CEO that doesn't check out his competition?

That was an arrogant and stupid career move he made. If the CEO of my company would have said that, they would have been fired.

I couldn't agree more. Apple execs should have a few Palms, Blackberry, WinMo and Goog phones etc on the top floor from time to time to get a feel for exactly what they're competing against.
  • Reply 103 of 259
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Well, well, well... if it isn't Teckstud repackaged in a shiny new name wrapper.

SNIP

yup. that was my first thought as well

the irrational hatred of the apple tv...

the blue ray rant...

gratuitous use of the word 'delusion'

classic teckstud.
  • Reply 104 of 259
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    GUYS!

Please keep it down. This is rapidly devolving. Too many people are inciting too many others here. I don't want to assign blame, but it's gotta stop!
  • Reply 105 of 259
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Rubinstein said that although it sounds "really strange," his company doesn't pay much attention to Apple, and he doesn't worry about the iPhone.

That sentence means he does pay attention to Apple because when he says that "it's strange" what he is saying is that he knows Apple is top of the pops and it would indeed be strange to say that he doesn't pay attention when it's impossible to not pay attention.

It's the same as saying "I could care less". People use this incorrectly. "I could care less" actually means you do care because well...you COULD care less then you currently do which means that you do indeed care.

In law that's why you never talk to the police without a lawyer because people always think they are being honest and upfront but sometimes they are unaware that they are implicating themselves even if they are in fact innocent.
  • Reply 106 of 259
    This explains quite a bit. Its not that Palm is incapable of making better devices, or of ripping Iphone features. Its just that they are hopelessly ignorant to their competition, trends, or anything going on in the industry they belong.

Forget their current marketing, strategy...

"Gosh, whats an Iphone? Is that like a new Imac of some kind?" -Palm

Pure gold...

You can tell a lot about where a company is going based on their executive staff-- Im sure no one will be updating Palm from "has been" status with this article.
  • Reply 107 of 259
    zindakozindako Posts: 468member
    From all the new smart phones I have seen, WebOS seems to be the most competent one, android is kind of ackward and clunky looking. With that, this CEO making claims of his ignorance of iPhones and Apples work is just foolish and fail. No wonder he left Apple, they probably saw how he really was and was forced out.
  • Reply 108 of 259
    There is no room for logical, meaningful discourse around here anymore. Apple fanatics have completely taken over. Palm SUCKS! Android SUCKS! Microsoft SUCKS! You all sound like a bunch of unintelligible petulant 10 year old brats! WOW
  • Reply 109 of 259
    Just wait, it's only a matter of time before we see the pics of him on his iPhone.
  • Reply 110 of 259
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    He didn't inhale.
  • Reply 111 of 259
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

This is rapidly devolving...

Like them mutants in the movie Pandorum. Except faster.

Some days, not just on these forums, I chuckle at the fact *I'm* the one on medication.

Hey melgross, glad to see you're more active, I take it your eye thingy is improving?
  • Reply 112 of 259
    "The mark of a Pro"

Knowing the competition and their products better than they know yours.

The remark of an idiot.

Palm chief executive and former iPod chief Jon Rubinstein said "his company doesn't pay much attention to Apple, and noted he has never even used an iPhone."
  • Reply 113 of 259
    If I had ripped off every little bit of intellectual property possible to make something work, I'd deny knowledge of the source too.
  • Reply 114 of 259
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vital0gy View Post

There's more to owning a phone than the initial price. Consider the cost of a like-featured AT&T contract over the course of two years and I'd be paying $1,440 more after the $60/month discount I get through Sprint.

What kind of discount, from SERO program? Those are the only discounts I've heard that meant a lot of money. Last I checked, unless you're "grandfathered", most people can't get SERO anymore, it was a program that was highly abused by people that weren't friends & family with a real Sprint employee, and the program has been changed to cut out most of the abuse.
  • Reply 115 of 259
    This guy is a moron to put it bluntly.

He was an Apple VP right? And he has never used or touched the iPhone? I bet Apple knew that he was stupid and kept the prototypes away from him.

And he does not care or think about Apple. OK. When is he going to start?

The shareholders of Pam are unlucky and have no guts to kick this idiot out of office.

JD
  • Reply 116 of 259
    Wow, I actually feel like I've lost brain cells from reading this thread.
  • Reply 117 of 259
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

AppleTV is a JOKE- who are you fooling? It's time has come and gone. Blu ray machines now do practically everything that it tried to accomplish.

There's [passionate and then there's delusional- it a very thin line. Quadra at least makes sense.

Hmmm. I am watching NCIS episode while reading AppleInsider. Very real.. not a delusion

Later on, when I log into work, I'll have tunes playing in the the background - from my AppleTV.

Yesterday, I had friends over for lunch and I was able to show them beautiful vacation photos on my beautify HDTV... from - you guessed it - my AppleTV.
  • Reply 118 of 259
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Like them mutants in the movie Pandorum. Except faster.

Some days, not just on these forums, I chuckle at the fact *I'm* the one on medication.

Hey melgross, glad to see you're more active, I take it your eye thingy is improving?

Sorta kinda.
  • Reply 119 of 259
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    What does you liking the Pre have to do with the CEO of Palm not even trying the number one competitor of his product?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vital0gy View Post

And you look like the elitist a$$ you are every time you type. I enjoy coming to this forum because I have a Touch, but I despise your every post. I have a Pre and I'm happy with it. Yeah, I'd have an iPhone, but I get a 25% discount on Sprint through work. I'm cost conscious, and like saving $60/month on my family plan. I'm the bottom of the barrel consumer you so despise. You know.... the kind of person that a PC caters to, and the kind of person that you don't want buying your precious Mac. I've read enough of your posts to know you don't want a low-life like me in your market share.

Like I said... I'm happy with my Pre and WebOS. Personally, I feel like it's the next best OS outside of the iPhone's OS. There are others like me, so you can get off your holier-than-thou high horse!

• Reply 120 of 259
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post

Hmmm. I am watching NCIS episode while reading AppleInsider. Very real.. not a delusion

Later on, when I log into work, I'll have tunes playing in the the background - from my AppleTV.

Yesterday, I had friends over for lunch and I was able to show them beautiful vacation photos on my beautify HDTV... from - you guessed it - my AppleTV.

I can do all three of those with my Mini 360 or PS3 hooked up to my Bravia, although two of which dont use itunes, but i equally dont care if they do or not.