Taiwanese paper claims Apple will refresh entire MacBook line soon

Comments

• Reply 61 of 175
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Oh yes, I really hope this is true. My late 2007 MBP is really starting to show its age. I'm ready and waiting for a new one.

My ultimate fantasy feature on the new models? A standard-sized SIM card slot and a built-in 3G modem.
  • Reply 62 of 175
    reliasonreliason Posts: 135member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gotApple View Post

I have all the software I need in my Windows 7. Most of it doesn't work in OSX. And I also love to play the latest games, too...

I do have a MacBook, and iPhone 3GS and iPad Touch, but I'm keeping my feet on the ground here. Don't really believe in religions... OSX has its uses.

Yep - all the same ones that Win7 has, but with fewer crashes. [and for the record, I don't care about the latest games, which is all that Win7 offers that is superior to OSX].
  • Reply 63 of 175
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harleighquinn View Post

i honestly was not aware they did.

My experience with seagate was in the winpc world, but i shudder to think of an apple machine with a seagate drive. That would be the equivalent of a bugatti veyron with a 1990's ford engine.

Surprise!!!
  • Reply 64 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

No you didn't. You applied the same level research when you thought a MBP HDD voided the warranty. You didn't answer any questions I posed and you've failed understand a single limitation of why that isn't an option for any notebook maker. It's all right there in your link, I was trying to get MacTripper to see it for one. I thought if he tried to supply the info he might realize his error.

The door was wide open and you chose to enter.

Welcome.....

The same observation can be applied to your reasoning as well.

You have provided nothing to dispute the fact the option of museum glass may be suitable for said application.

You have not done any research to disprove Mac Tripper/SpotOn's observation.

You HAVE stated that there is no way it could be an option, that what has been provided is, to paraphrase "absolutely perfect and no other manufacturer could provide a better solution..." and continue to "Champion" this view by refusing to research the other side.

You must have never read Tsun Tzu.

This, is, in essence, zealotry.

By refusing to see even the possibility of another option you have, through faith, aligned yourself to one side.

There are religions that operate in the same manner and in the end it never bodes well.
  • Reply 65 of 175
    reliasonreliason Posts: 135member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

Is the 45nm Intel® Core? i7-920XM Processor Extreme Edition (2.00GHz), 8MB L3 Cache, mPGA-989

the fastest i7 Intel Quadcore chip? If it is & it comes with a blu-ray burner I'll be upgrading on

launch day.

Don't hold your breath on the Blu-Ray. I doubt we'll ever see them on Macs.
  • Reply 66 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Surprise!!!

That's....just.....horrible....
  • Reply 67 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reliason View Post

Don't hold your breath on the Blu-Ray. I doubt we'll ever see them on Macs.

True. Not with the existence of iTunes. Apple would prefer all is digital distribution.
  • Reply 68 of 175
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

640GB is the LARGEST capacity drive for a 9.5mm HDD, the typical in modern notebooks. The 1TB 2.5" HDD I see on the market is 12.5mm. Why you'd expect Apple to reverse their entire platform just to go to a 12.5mm HDD?

edit: That is the WD drive. Toshiba has announced a 1TB 2.5" HDD at 9.5mm that went on sale in Japan on March 25th and slated to go worldwide soon after, but I can't find anyone carrying them.

Some of the reports aren't quite accurate but the 1TB Tosh is actually 12.5mm, as well. Only the recently announced 750GB Tosh is 9.5mm.

The 17" MBP can take as 12.5mm drive, though.
  • Reply 69 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

Some of the reports aren't quite accurate but the 1TB Tosh is actually 12.5mm, as well. Only the recently announced 750GB Tosh is 9.5mm.

This is completely out of character for me.....but.....BUYAH!!!!!

The logic being that only the 17" MBP would require that much storage as that would be the only one anyone would purchase as their solitary machine....of course.

It still makes the point a 1TB drive should have been included in the options.
  • Reply 70 of 175
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

your talking about solipsism here, the big bully on the block, picking fights and claiming his turf

you can't have a conversation unless he approves, why I changed my nick in the first place, he had me thinking I was the problem

hey solipsism, is this your site?, meaning do you own it?, because I just want to know if people are wasting their time here, it's obvious your not going to stop attacking people

Of course I approve and disapprove of things. I'm a human being. If I see something that is written as fact that I think is wrong I call it out. In your case on this thread I asked you questions for the pros and cons of the technology and why no one else has utilized it. You said nothing, just claimed how awesome it was with nothing to back it up.

Harleighquinn claimed my very query to get answers is wrong, I suppose no should questions should ever be asked and at ignorance and stupidity should reign free. I disagree.

BTW, I (and others) were calling you out when you started posting nonsense under a new name. No idea what your previous handle was, so it should be clear that it's the content of the post that is questioned, not your handle. You're just extra sore today that I figured it out.

I'm going to start stop asking questions and stop trying to use critical thinking to figure out answers. If you don't like you can simply not respond or put me on your Ignore List if you don't wish to have an intelligent discussion.

Enough going off topic.

Hopefully the MBA will get the Core-i7 and some additional battery life to go with it. The current offering is well below the other Mac notebooks and simply too low to be useful for many frequent flyers. Give me 7 hours and I'll likely get one.
  • Reply 71 of 175
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

It seemed odd that Toshiba would have it first and it be such a big jump over 640GB, but all the sites I checked had 9.5mm. That certainly makes more sense.
  • Reply 72 of 175
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Solipism:

I appreciate your contributions to the forums. SO and Harly do not. I wouldn't waste time engaging them. It's a waste of time and you'll just burn yourself out.

It looks like the mods are going to clean this place up and I would leave it to them.
  • Reply 73 of 175
    Quote:

Harleighquinn claimed my very query to get answers is wrong, I suppose no should questions should ever be asked and at ignorance and stupidity should reign free. I disagree.

Incorrect. A query is stated as exactly that, not a pointed accusation in the form of a question. I was also a writer. I can read the intention of what someone is writing. Most people will hide behind the "you misread what I saying. I didn't mean it that way..."

I counter by repeating what they stated to other parties to gather what THEY ascertained its intention to be. Most people I ask I barely know. Most do not agree with me on a usual basis, but all see the attack in the statement.

Quote:

BTW, I (and others) were calling you out when you started posting nonsense under a new name. No idea what your previous handle was, so it should be clear that it's the content of the post that is questioned, not your handle. You're just extra sore today that I figured it out.

That does not condone the behavior. Because others where participating in the same action makes it okay? What makes YOU or THEY any less of a TROLL, then?

Quote:

I'm going to start stop asking questions and stop trying to use critical thinking to figure out answers. If you don't like you can simply not respond or put me on your Ignore List if you don't wish to have an intelligent discussion.

Ask as many questions as you like.....as long as they are formed as QUESTIONS and NOT attacks.
  • Reply 74 of 175
    lukeskymaclukeskymac Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by biyibot View Post

i3, i5 and i7 processors was out and Apple is still using core duo's, don't you think Apple is too late. 24 inch displays are around $400 AUD mark but Apple display which is an old technology is $1,250 on the AU Apple Store.

That's why it's going to upgrade soon, freaking genius.
  • Reply 75 of 175
    oldmacguyoldmacguy Posts: 151member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

Just bought a new one. Man, I should have waited.

Late now, to return. Damn!

Me too. Mine is 2 days old.
  • Reply 76 of 175
    "AppleInsider has also shared alternative factors that are possibly contributing to the lengthy wait for MacBook upgrades, with dual graphics improvements expected to turn up in new MacBook Pros sometime this year."

Does this mean that, in addition to this April upgrade (if the rumor is true) there is a second, graphics-focused upgrade, or, that this upgrade will include the expected graphics-focused upgrade?

I keep waiting because I don't want to miss a major (critical) upgrade (I don't care about a minor incremental upgrades or a reasonable span before something major, bot to miss something huge by a month or three?).

Does this mean, if the rumor proves true, that in addition to this major upgrade there will be another, graphics-focused upgrade later this year, or, that there is an expected graphics upgrade and it's likely to be part of this upgrad
  • Reply 77 of 175
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:

Incorrect. A query is stated as exactly that, not a pointed accusation in the form of a question. I was also a writer. I can read the intention of what someone is writing. Most people will hide behind the "you misread what I saying. I didn't mean it that way..."

I've met only one other writer in my life and we got along extremely well, it's true one can read the intention by just a few words even, perhaps I've missed my calling in life.

Thanks for piping up, it's been a cause for intense reflection.
  • Reply 78 of 175
    commun5commun5 Posts: 36member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josh.B. View Post

Pure balderdash. There are plenty of high end windows machines that use premium materials.

If you disagree, let me know, and I'll supply some links.

Let's have some links, please!
  • Reply 79 of 175
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,950member
    Quote:

Ask as many questions as you like.....as long as they are formed as QUESTIONS and NOT attacks.

You know, all you've done since you showed up here as harleighquinn is attack people for one thing or another.
  • Reply 80 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

You know, all you've done since you showed up here as harleighquinn is attack people for one thing or another.

I am going to ask this in all sincerity: Would you like me to post the definition of attack?