Taiwanese paper claims Apple will refresh entire MacBook line soon

Comments

• Reply 141 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harleighquinn View Post

Sorry, but I already verified all of this on page two of this thread. I initially provided the link.

I did see your link. The links I put up are for the less ambitious, as the find a dealer link isn't properly set up on Tru-Vue's site. Also, the links I put up are to a distributor in NJ, with prices. More of an addition to your post, not to detract from it.
  • Reply 142 of 175
    cgc0202cgc0202 Posts: 624member
    I agree with the points of others. It is getting tiresome to read through back and forth exchange between two people. [Use the private chat?]

There should be a policy that you can post only so many per thread.

I tend to post long. There should be a policy too of the maximum characters you can post per response. This will force all of us to edit our post.

CGC
  • Reply 143 of 175
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I've never seen two people so thin skinned and so wrong in one thread on these forums simply not get it.

MacTripper never suggested an A/R coating for the glass Mac displays. He is only suggesting that Apple use one particular product by one particulate company. On top of that he suggests the product with the UV protection coating, but he won't say why it's necessary. He has never explained why he thinks this one company is important to Apple's future. I've already gone over the issues I addressed about Tru Vue and my questions are still left unanswered from the first page so there is no point in rehashing them.

I'm sorry these asshats derailed the thread so badly. I asked him all these same questions when he first mentioned it last year or 2(?) years ago so I should have known better than to think I would get an intelligent answer now.

You are hopeless solipsism, your like a scratch in a record that keeps playing the same question over and over again.

I've answered all your questions previously, but you keep asking the same questions and making the same assumptions.

1: I'm not connected to TruVue, there are other companies that provide anti-reflective glass, but to industry, so they don't have as much as public profile as TruVue does. I used their site as a example only.

2: I merely made a suggestion, I don't know enough about the technical aspects to judge either way if anti-reflective glass is suitable. I would like to hear Apple side of it just like anyone.

3: I've never suggested TruVu was a key to Apple's future, just they sell to the public and in art stores so that's how I know the product exists.

4: I don't know why Apple doesn't consider using anti-reflective glass in their products, they won't disclose that sort of information.

Your trolling.

Like I said before, if you don't like what someone says, you attack them ad nauseum until you get your way.

You are a bully.
  • Reply 144 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

You are hopeless solipsism, your like a scratch in a record that keeps playing the same question over and over again.

I've answered all your questions previously, but you keep asking the same questions and making the same assumptions.

Your trolling. Like I said before, if you don't like what someone says, you attack them ad nauseum until you get your way.

You are a bully.

Calling him a bully would give him too much credit. He is an internet coward because if you were face to face with him he would say 10% of what he says here. Hes the kid that got smacked around and got his milk money taken in school which is why he got his first Macbook and stayed in his room for the last 20 years posting online.
  • Reply 145 of 175
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:

Even though I am an accountant now

Thanks. That's all I need to know.
  • Reply 146 of 175
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpotOn

Your trolling. Like I said before, if you don't like what someone says, you attack them ad nauseum until you get your way.

You are a bully.

Calling him a bully would give him too much credit. He is an internet coward because if you were face to face with him he would say 10% of what he says here. Hes the kid that got smacked around and got his milk money taken in school which is why he got his first Macbook and stayed in his room for the last 20 years posting online.

This really sucks--where are the moderators when you need them. Any chance for a return for some civility. I thought that I'd give this thread a cooling off and returned to find it hasn't changed.....Please Moderators have these members get back on topic and quit the personal attacks----GONE FROM THIS THREAD
  • Reply 147 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Until Apple resolves the glare problem with glossy screens, might I suggest the following

http://www.debspecs.com/SheaDog_GUNN...r_P3053C57.cfm

http://www.debspecs.com/images/Product_Images/CDROM.jpg

or

Stray light rays from reflective surfaces have to stopped at the surface before reflection occurs.
  • Reply 148 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Ouch!, I assume solipsism must have attacked you previously to warrant such a personal attack now.
  • Reply 149 of 175
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:

I have done nothing ban worthy

No not really, but you have littered a perfectly good thread with thousands of words that have nothing to do with the subject.
  • Reply 150 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

No not really, but you have littered a perfectly good thread with thousands of words that have nothing to do with the subject.

You need to review the thread to get a understanding who really derailed it in the first place.
  • Reply 151 of 175
    Quote:

You need to review the thread to get a understanding who really derailed it in the first place.

I have read the entire thread. My statement stands.
  • Reply 152 of 175
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

I would assume it is scratch proof, from personal experience.

Looking at the cleaning instructions for the AR Reflection-Free is seems rather fragile. I dunno why museum glass would normally be very scratch proof...it's not like artwork is meant to be handled a lot or comes into contact with keys very often...

So evidently your due dilligence in the matter is quite lacking...

Quote:

But to attack someone without performing your own due diligence puts one in the same caliber as the person they feel superior to by attacking them.

Hence....zealotry.

Not zealotry as much as fatigue. Same ol same ol BS repeated ad nauseam gets less and less polite response because it deserves little consideration.

No one has contended that museum glass does not exist. People are well aware of the link you provided and folks have contacted tru-vue to see about replacing the glass in the 27" iMac.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=104143

You seem to like tossing about the term zealot as it is inflammatory. Frankly, it's a transparent (heh) attempt of name calling to try to provoke a bannable offense.

So I'm starting to think the troll is you. There's no secret that this forum has been infested with previously banned members with new aliases and it's frankly tiresome.

Welcome to my killfile.
  • Reply 153 of 175
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josh.B. View Post

For God's sake! Stop the tolling!!!

High post count for someone that joined in April and keeps calling people trolls.

Either you are yet another reincarnation of a previously banned person (I'd guess Tekstud) or a new disruptive poster...awesome.
  • Reply 154 of 175
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member
    Quote:

Does not matter where it started its the continued childish replies that are frustrating and waste of time.

Now back to the subject at hand, I am waiting for new MacBook Pro, gives me an excuse to buy a new one and say it is for the wife. She already asked me when am I going to buy a new one, since I seem to update every 2-3 years

As for the glossy screen issues, I still do not understand the problem, since Apple provide an option for anti glare screen, okay it is not free but it is still an option.

Apple may not have all the ideas for resolving issues that's why there use consultants, customer feedback etc., but Apple do have very good structure in terms of ensuring that the overall customer satisfaction with their products. Not putting anyone's ideas or opinions down, but doubt very much what was discussed here with concern to other opinions for the macbook Pro display has not already been discussed in brainstorming session at Apple and in more constructive manner.
  • Reply 155 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Now back to the subject at hand, I am waiting for new MacBook Pro, gives me an excuse to buy a new one and say it is for the wife. She already asked me when am I going to buy a new one, since I seem to update every 2-3 years

You have a good wife as do I. Our dog died yesterday and last night she said "you need to get a new Mac" to take your mind off poor old departed Nigel.

Come on Apple, we are waiting!
  • Reply 156 of 175
    josh.b.josh.b. Posts: 353member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgc0202 View Post

I agree with the points of others. It is getting tiresome to read through back and forth exchange between two people. [Use the private chat?]

The underlying problem is that the discussions are not threaded. They are merely chronological.

If the forum software were more capable, you could ignore the sub-threads which do not interest you.
  • Reply 157 of 175
    josh.b.josh.b. Posts: 353member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

High post count for someone that joined in April and keeps calling people trolls.

Either you are yet another reincarnation of a previously banned person (I'd guess Tekstud) or a new disruptive poster...awesome.

Please stay on-topic. I am NOT the topic of this thread.

Thank you.
  • Reply 158 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Taiwanese newspaper Apple Daily reported on Monday that Apple plans to release updated MacBooks, MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs this month. The report alleged that the computers have taken longer than expected to hit the market because of shortages of Intel's newest chips.

Does this paper have any track record regarding Apple product news?
  • Reply 159 of 175
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member
    Quote:

Ouch!, I assume solipsism must have attacked you previously to warrant such a personal attack now.

Everyone is too sensitive here. I don't take anything on the internet as personal attack. You just have fanboys here that will defend anything Apple does even when it makes no sense.

Then they play passive aggressive and then when you hit back at them they cry to the moderators. At best they are a joke and do nothing but make me laugh.
  • Reply 160 of 175
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Steve said to think big. How awesome would it be to see a DUAL CPU mbp from Apple?