Taiwanese paper claims Apple will refresh entire MacBook line soon

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 175
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Ouch!, I assume solipsism must have attacked you previously to warrant such a personal attack now.

No kidding. We're only talking about computers for cryin out loud
  • Reply 162 of 175
    solareinsolarein Posts: 143member
    This thread is a farce.

That is all.

(Yes, this post contributes to the farce.)
  • Reply 163 of 175
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Well I've got a few predictions about the refreshed laptops:

1. They'll be thin.

2. They'll be thin.

3. Did I mention how thin they are? There'll be some other changes in there, but the main thing is they'll be really thin!
  • Reply 164 of 175
    icyfogicyfog Posts: 338member
    Wow, that's sooner than I expected. The refresh doesn't have to necessarily be April for me because I'm set to buy a new MacBook Pro in July.
  • Reply 165 of 175
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    MY GOD on pages 4 and 5 AGE 5 A HOckey game broke out ..

bunch of 2 yr old fraking babies

>>>>>>

a new>>  MB  << line up seems way over due

there old offerings are so great who cares ....

these are powerful machines

and to upgrade them at lower prices is mind boggling 

go apple

rock on steve

peace

• Reply 166 of 175
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

No not really, but you have littered a perfectly good thread with thousands of words that have nothing to do with the subject.

Exactly. That and it seems as though they have gone to great lengths to be extremely disruptive, but hang just shy of the limit of being banned. For me at least it tells me all I need to know about this poster.
  • Reply 167 of 175
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josh.B. View Post

Please stay on-topic. I am NOT the topic of this thread.

Thank you.

How odd that the original post by vinea has completely disappeared from this thread?
  • Reply 168 of 175
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Yesterday I could have cared less about the MBP refresh. Today, I am without my 13" Aluminum MB without FW. So, I am all about the MPB refresh. I am glad I have a iPad to try and bridge the gap. Here's to waiting on the refresh in April all though I find it weird they would refresh between iPad WiFi and iPad 3G or during iPad 3G.

Maybe they want April to be Apple Month since it starts with an "A."
  • Reply 169 of 175
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

Yesterday I could have cared less about the MBP refresh. Today, I am without my 13" Aluminum MB without FW. So, I am all about the MPB refresh. I am glad I have a iPad to try and bridge the gap. Here's to waiting on the refresh in April all though I find it weird they would refresh between iPad WiFi and iPad 3G or during iPad 3G.

Maybe they want April to be Apple Month since it starts with an "A."

And then there's August
  • Reply 170 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

How odd that the original post by vinea has completely disappeared from this thread?

Privileges revoked last post a 04/07/2010 @ 04:23 PM.

I missed the post, but I think that the MODERATORS should review this thread and consider sanctioning others. I would also consider solipsism's suspicions that some of these are previously BANNED members. If this is true then they need to be banned for life.

Another admitted troll

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpotOn

Yep, that about sums it up.

It was ok when Teckturd was around, he was a notorious troll and solipsism and company had someone to pick on as he was very disruptive.

But Ireland made this poll about users with different nicks trolling the boards and the mods decided to crack down.

I came up because earlier I was mistaken for one of Teckturds aliases by solipsism in his witch hunt and trolled heavily by his group.

I quit MacTripper and became Woohoo! which AI accidentally perma-banned me cause I posted a ad link by mistake.

I signed back up as SpotOn and immediately apologized, which I have been since, all the same IP, nothing to hide.

AI admitted it was their mistake for perma banning and offered me Woohoo! again later in the cleaning up of alternate nicks, which I declined, as all my recent posts were SpotOn.

I've only received two minor infractions since I've been here, responding to solipsism's troll bait.

Depending what mod returns, will depend if I get any more for this thread.

I said the truth and I'm glad someone else see's what I see, that without a common enemy to pick on he goes on a witch hunt looking for one, attacking people like you say.

It's all been obvious to me from the very beginning, but without moderators on full time, it's hard to read everything, why the spam exists for some time, why the bullies reign, why the trolls find a place here.

I don't dislike slops, I got him to laugh one time. It's just he's such a skitzo attack dog sometimes, he likes you and then he bites you.

MODERATORS, please review some of the threads of the last two days and you will see a trend. AI is loosing it to trolls and your members are asking that something be done.

thank you

FT
  • Reply 171 of 175
    lee1977lee1977 Posts: 11member
    As a long time forum reader all i can say is that this thread is three quarters people attacking each other and one quarter about the topic at hand!!

I am looking forward to seeing what the refresh brings. I am in the uk and waiting for a date and price for the ipad. I am interseted in what happens to the Air as depending on price this may be a better long term option for me than buying an Ipad.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the air update could be?
  • Reply 172 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lee1977 View Post

As a long time forum reader all i can say is that this thread is three quarters people attacking each other and one quarter about the topic at hand!!

I am looking forward to seeing what the refresh brings. I am in the uk and waiting for a date and price for the ipad. I am interseted in what happens to the Air as depending on price this may be a better long term option for me than buying an Ipad.

Not all of the threads have been this bad, but they seem to be happening more and more often. Hope the UK gets their iPad release very soon.
  • Reply 173 of 175
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lee1977 View Post

I'm feeling pretty good about next Tuesday after reading this.
    While I'd love the AIr to get the obvious update to Core-i7 I hope they have found a way to increase the battery capacity. Core-i7 should add a little more duration but when you consider how much less than the other notebooks and the fact that this is designed for mobility I'd love for it to be on par with the iPad, though that may be impossible unless Apple goes with Moorestown (Intel Atom) which reduces the performance greatly but also the power usage. Pros and cons.
  • Reply 174 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

And before we get the trolls back complaining about Apple not using weak old tech Apple needs to address the SATA controller issue in their MBPs. The fact that you can have performance problems with a 3rd-party drive is pretty pathetic. I have no idea what they did but I won't be upgrading until I get confirmation (likely from AnandTech) that the issue has been satisfactorily resolved. And since we are talking about updates lets get 6Gbps SATA III in there, as well.

Was going to respond to this earlier but the thread was disrupted. Agreed that the SATA controller needs to be addressed. Recall reading something about this issue and was one of the reasons why, in an earlier thread I thought that installing 3rd party drives might void the warranty--not sure if this is true.

Another issue I'd like to see Apple address is support of SSD's since it is offered as an option. Have one in my MBP and have had no issues yet. Read that SSD's in time can degrade in terms of performance as they get near capacity. The OS needs to support TRIM commands which should keep the SSD operating near peak performance.
  • Reply 175 of 175
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Was going to respond to this earlier but the thread was disrupted. Agreed that the SATA controller needs to be addressed. Recall reading something about this issue and was one of the reasons why, in an earlier thread I thought that installing 3rd party drives might void the warranty--not sure if this is true.

Another issue I'd like to see Apple address is support of SSD's since it is offered as an option. Have one in my MBP and have had no issues yet. Read that SSD's in time can degrade in terms of performance as they get near capacity. The OS needs to support TRIM commands which should keep the SSD operating near peak performance.

3rd-party drives won't void the warranty in, at least, most Macs, which include the new MB & MBPS that require 10 screws to access the internals. Same goes for RAM. I believe they try not to get you to replace the battery yourself but is likely more disposal reasons to maintain that green status, although with a 1000 cycle 7 hour battery it's unlikely you'll need to. You can always call to Apple to verify.

The problem with 3rd-party drives is that they wouldn't work right. This was especially true of SSDs that doesn't offer, and their options are not the best. I'd like to see Intel X-18/X-25 since they 2nd generation are not green enough for Apple to use.

SSDs are still kind of wonky all around. I've seen tests that show a properly configured OS means that you don't need TRIM, yet others say you do. TRIM certainly has it's limitations. AnandTech has some extensive studies on SSDs that are worth reading. Here are few links...