Violence in Israel/Palestine

Comments

• Reply 641 of 761
    rashumonrashumon Posts: 453member
    [quote]Originally posted by rashumon:

<strong>An interesting read re all the lies and misrepresentation of the fighting in Jenin.

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/04/22/jenin.fighter/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/04/22/jenin.fighter/index.html</a></strong><hr></blockquote>;

New, have you looked at this link ?

I would really like to hear what you have to say about this ...
  • Reply 642 of 761
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    [quote]quote

The evidence is hard.

There is no evidence. You?re again speculating on rumors of events that happened 50+ years ago and are now impossible to verify. If the Arabs had any concerns, they should have addressed them at the time. To bring these charges now is ridiculous. And I?m not even going to indulge you on this any further.<hr></blockquote>

Just for not saying there is any evidence I should be the one calling you Irving. The concerns have been adressed again and again. My point is to show that terrorist acts have been commited by both sides of the conflict, throughout the conflict. Not just now. And not just by the palestinians.

Another old example: The assasination of <a href="http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/History/folke.html"; target="_blank">Count Folke Bernadotte</a>, UN mediator and saviour of thousands of jews from the concentration camps. Heard about it?

[quote]That?s why the land was called Judea. Because it was Arab land. Maybe as evidence to the contrary you?d like to post a quote from David Irving to confirm that it was all a Jewish fiction.<hr></blockquote>

As I stated earlier a jewish nation did exsist, and the land was under jewish rule for about 420 years. Arab rule has lasted much longer. With your reasoning Normandy in France should go back to the norwegians, Macedonia to the greeks...

[quote]Information needs verification. And unlike CNN and other foreign media networks, which will do ANYTHING and spread any kind of sensational rumor to make a fast buck off this conflict, Israeli media, particularly publicly owned Israeli media should be held to a higher standard.<hr></blockquote>

hmm... What standard could be higher than free???

[quote]Seems like you?re trying to have it both ways again. (What a surprise). On the one hand you say that terrorist should not be seen as "legal" combatants, and on the other hand you are perfectly happy legitimizing Arafat and his terrorist regime.<hr></blockquote>

The PA was recognized by israel. It is recognized by most of the world, even the US. Again, What I'm saying is that you can't hold the PA (and at least not the whole PA) responsible for the actions of palestinian terrorist. Like the government of Israel can't be held responsible for the over 50 killings of palestinian civilians by Settlers since the Oslo agreement.

Concerning Jenin, rashumon, I hope your right. It still doesn't excuse AID workers beeing keept out for more than ten days. The IDF stated that no more than 45 people where killed. The current official red cross toll is 60 and rising... so we will have to wait and see.

[quote]They got the land fair and square in a DEFENSIVE war.<hr></blockquote>

They got the land in 1967 after a war Israel started.

[quote]Frankly, the Palestinians should just shut up, stop whining, and take whatever they can get from Israel.<hr></blockquote>

for a minute there I thought you were talking to your dog...

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: New ]</p>
  • Reply 643 of 761
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    I was going to stop posting here because there are plenty of folks giving my side of the story so well, and frankly New and Rat and their cohorts are getting on my nerves, but one last reply to someone who obviously doesn't know a thing about the history of the conflict:

New:

&gt;They got the land in 1967 after a war Israel started.&lt;

As every historian knows, the Arabs were massing their armies and preparing to attack. israel struck first. Their move was a defensive move and there isn't one (nonArab) historian who would argue the point..........................................
  • Reply 644 of 761
    quote:

With your reasoning Normandy in France should go back to the norwegians, Macedonia to the greeks...

I?m not really sure about the examples you cite. Alexander ?the great? was Macedonian. Was he not? I?m not sure about how modern Macedonia evolved so I don?t know. All I know is that our land was occupied by a long string of foreign invaders and we want it back. But most importantly we?re now in a position to do something about it. Where as at the time of the invasions we were not. The Arabs have no business being on our land. Not even religious reasons. And I really don?t see why you insist on defending their empire building colonializations.

quote:

hmm... What standard could be higher than free???

I don?t follow you?

quote:

What I'm saying is that you can't hold the PA (and at least not the whole PA) responsible for the actions of palestinian terrorist. Like the government of Israel can't be held responsible for the over 50 killings of palestinian civilians by Settlers since the Oslo agreement

WTF. You can?t hold a government responsible for acts of war committed by its citizens that it considers lawful?!? Man, this is just getting stranger and stranger. Ok. You know what, I really don?t see the point of continuing this with you anymore. You have your own twisted beliefs and now that we've flushed them out, I can see you?re not really someone I?d want to continue a conversion with.

mika.

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: PC^KILLA ]</p>
  • Reply 645 of 761
    [quote]As every historian knows, the Arabs were massing their armies and preparing to attack. israel struck first. Their move was a defensive move and there isn't one (nonArab) historian who would argue the point. <hr></blockquote>

Ohh... right every historian... What about these israeli leaders?

"I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to The Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it." Yitzhak Rabin, Israel's Chief of Staff in 1967, in Le Monde, 2/28/68

"Moshe Dayan, the celebrated commander who, as Defense Minister in 1967, gave the order to conquer the Golan...[said] many of the firefights with the Syrians were deliberately provoked by Israel, and the kibbutz residents who pressed the Government to take the Golan Heights did so less for security than for the farmland...[Dayan stated] 'They didn't even try to hide their greed for the land...We would send a tractor to plow some area where it wasn't possible to do anything, in the demilitarized area, and knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot. If they didn't shoot, we would tell the tractor to advance further, until in the end the Syrians would get annoyed and shoot.

And then we would use artillery and later the air force also, and that's how it was...The Syrians, on the fourth day of the war, were not a threatto us.'" The New York Times, May 11, 1997

Prime Minister Menachem Begin, in a speech delivered at the Israeli National Defense College, clearly stated that: "The Egyptian army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him" (Jerusalem Post, 20 August 1982).

[quote] The Arabs have no business being on our land. Not even religious reasons. And I really don?t see why you insist on defending their empire building colonializations. <hr></blockquote>

LOL, who is colonizing who? get real...
  • Reply 646 of 761
    btw, acts of war are not comitted by citizens but governments.... You really need to read some international law. Start with the Geneva Convention...

And if you read the link, tell me, should Yitzhak Shamir have been held responsible for Bernadotte?
  • Reply 647 of 761
    Good. So Israel should just copy that cozy arrangement the PA has with ?Islamic Jihad?, ?Hamas?, ?Martyr Brigades? etc., etc.

That way all will be fine and dandy and perfectly legitimate. Israel should just give arms to all who want them, and they can go on killing rampages and do what ever they like. Israel will not be responsible for them.

mika.

• Reply 648 of 761
    [quote]Originally posted by PC^KILLA:

<strong>Good. So Israel should just copy that cozy arrangement the PA has with ?Islamic Jihad?, ?Hamas?, ?Martyr Brigades? etc., etc.

That way all will be fine and dandy and perfectly legitimate. Israel should just give arms to all who want them, and they can go on killing rampages and do what ever they like. Israel will not be responsible for them.

mika.

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: PC^KILLA ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey Mika thats a great idea .. get a bunch of crazy settlers and arm em and send em to kill hundreds of Palestinians and when some one asks Sharon to stop the violance all he'll have to do is say with a stern face - We totaly reject the violence comitted against civilians ! we call on all armed groups to stop ... hehe he will say it in French and in German and maybe even Norwegian ... and every one will respect him as a Man of peace cos he will say the right lies...

New, can't you see how your pathetic inability to accept Arafat for what he is is going from bad to worse.

BTW New, you quote Moshe Dayan from the NY Times on 1997 ... LOL did you know he died in 1981 ?
  • Reply 649 of 761
    Hi I have just seen this thread today so I really didn't get a chance to read it all.

I belive that the heart of this problem is that palestinians do not have the right to return to land isreal has taken.

This is the reality any jew is automaicly an isrealy citizen. Be if you used to live in west Jeruaselum 50 years ago and you are not a jew you don't have the right to go home.

Why doesn't Isreal let them go home. Simple, becuase if every arab goes back to were he was born there would be 1 palestinian for each jew living in Isreal. Well whats the problem with that, that is how it was when the jews came here (and most palestinians were actually jews that whos anccestors converted to either christianity or Islam centuries ago).

The problem is that by definition Isreal is a zionist state. Or in other words it is an exclusivly jewish state. So if the palestinians get their right to return Isreal siezes to exist.

On campus we had a debate between the jewish club and the arab club. The jewish side understands that palestinians have the right to return but they will not get that right becuase that is the way life is.

Zionism is racism. It has caused the death of countless incocent jews and arabs. It is about time isrealies understood this, becuase there will never be peace int the region as long as Isreal remains zionist.

---------------

I haven't talked about what has happened reacently though.

The palestinians are wrong, very wrong to target civilians. If they want to conduct a war they should fight the person who raises the arms against you not someone going to the market.

But the number of Isrealy casualties is insignificant next to the number of palestinian casulties ~2000 against ~200.

Isreal's recent attacks on hte westbank have lead to the death of hundreds of civilians. and ofcourse as you all know the un is investigating a massicre in jenin. Just an example of what has happened: A un worker described seeing skin on the ground she saw it in several places. when she asked one of the doctors there she was talled that several people were run over by tanks so many time that all their bones were cruched.

I will leave it there
  • Reply 650 of 761
    You know, one day the Arabs are going to pay for their greediness for our land. 21 states is not enough for you. Well, just keep it up. The seeds of hate you sow today will flower tomorrow. That day is coming.

mika.

• Reply 651 of 761
    [quote]Originally posted by hshafez:

<strong>Hi I have just seen this thread today so I really didn't get a chance to read it all.

I belive that the heart of this problem is that palestinians do not have the right to return to land isreal has taken.

This is the reality any jew is automaicly an isrealy citizen. Be if you used to live in west Jeruaselum 50 years ago and you are not a jew you don't have the right to go home.

Why doesn't Isreal let them go home. Simple, becuase if every arab goes back to were he was born there would be 1 palestinian for each jew living in Isreal. Well whats the problem with that, that is how it was when the jews came here (and most palestinians were actually jews that whos anccestors converted to either christianity or Islam centuries ago).

The problem is that by definition Isreal is a zionist state. Or in other words it is an exclusivly jewish state. So if the palestinians get their right to return Isreal siezes to exist.

On campus we had a debate between the jewish club and the arab club. The jewish side understands that palestinians have the right to return but they will not get that right becuase that is the way life is.

Zionism is racism. It has caused the death of countless incocent jews and arabs. It is about time isrealies understood this, becuase there will never be peace int the region as long as Isreal remains zionist.

---------------

I haven't talked about what has happened reacently though.

The palestinians are wrong, very wrong to target civilians. If they want to conduct a war they should fight the person who raises the arms against you not someone going to the market.

But the number of Isrealy casualties is insignificant next to the number of palestinian casulties ~2000 against ~200.

Isreal's recent attacks on hte westbank have lead to the death of hundreds of civilians. and ofcourse as you all know the un is investigating a massicre in jenin. Just an example of what has happened: A un worker described seeing skin on the ground she saw it in several places. when she asked one of the doctors there she was talled that several people were run over by tanks so many time that all their bones were cruched.

I will leave it there</strong><hr></blockquote>

Blah Blah..... Lets see you answer ( based on facts ) some of the points I have discussed on this and the other threads instead of just spewing pure rubbish and lies.....

Just one correction I have to make .. for the third time on this forum in the past few days ...

the total number of dead on both sides according to Independent sources is:

( from oct 2000 to 14.4.2002)

Israelis 437

Palestinians 1191

Why is it that all you anti Israeli people insist on twisting the facts constantly ?

Is it because there are simply no facts to back your views ?

I challenge you to prove your racist views !
  • Reply 652 of 761
    [quote]Good. So Israel should just copy that cozy arrangement the PA has with ?Islamic Jihad?, ?Hamas?, ?Martyr Brigades? etc., etc.

That way all will be fine and dandy and perfectly legitimate. Israel should just give arms to all who want them, and they can go on killing rampages and do what ever they like. Israel will not be responsible for them.<hr></blockquote>

Not unless you want the palestnians to employ israeli methods...

Come on, where do you read this in my post? When does "israel should follow international law" translate to "terrorism is ok"???

[quote]BTW New, you quote Moshe Dayan from the NY Times on 1997 ... LOL did you know he died in 1981 ?<hr></blockquote>

LOL, so NYT can't qoute him after his death?

[quote]Hey Mika thats a great idea .. get a bunch of crazy settlers and arm em...<hr></blockquote>

This is not mikas idea, its israeli policy.

[quote]The problem is that by definition Isreal is a zionist state. Or in other words it is an exclusivly jewish state.<hr></blockquote>

No, its not an exclusivly jewish state. But it doesn't treat all people equal either.

[quote]You know, one day the Arabs are going to pay for their greediness for our land. 21 states is not enough for you. Well, just keep it up. The seeds of hate you sow today will flower tomorrow. That day is coming.<hr></blockquote>

The arabs (palestinians) are paying heavily already. They have been for 50 years. The israeli people are also paying a heavy price for the isreali expansionistic policy.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: New ]</p>
  • Reply 653 of 761
    quote:

When does "israel should follow international law" translate to "terrorism is ok"???

Terrorism *is* OK. You?ve been saying so all along. And so has the international community.

Arafat = Terrorist = Noble Price Winner.

What could be less clear?

mika.
  • Reply 654 of 761
    LOL, so NYT can't qoute him after his death?

heheh ... You'll have to explain the mechanics of this... It must involve some new technology, we in Israel are unfamiliar with. I hope it really works. No need to wait for the Messiah, if it does.
  • Reply 655 of 761
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member

<strong>LOL, so NYT can't qoute him after his death?

heheh ... You'll have to explain the mechanics of this... It must involve some new technology, we in Israel are unfamiliar with. I hope it really works. No need to wait for the Messiah, if it does.</strong><hr></blockquote>

[quote] ?We are going to a war that has no dead or injured, no blood or suffering ? the war for peace.? Rabin<hr></blockquote>

Oooops. Did I just do something thats impossible in Israel?
  • Reply 656 of 761
    quote:

DISCLAMER: Sometimes I use smilies to indicate that I am joking and sometimes I don´t. Please try to read inbetween the lines and judge the seriousness of my posts based on the overall impression of my posts in general.

You are a joke. What more can I add to that.

mika.
  • Reply 657 of 761
    [quote] quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------

?We are going to a war that has no dead or injured, no blood or suffering ? the war for peace.? Rabin

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oooops. Did I just do something thats impossible in Israel?

Anders 2002<hr></blockquote>

No, see this is how it works. I quote Anders, quoting Rabin (beeing dead). The year beeing when Anders wrote his quote. Get it?

If you don't think the NYT quote is good for beeing an indirect source, please disregard it and read the two others...

[quote] Terrorism *is* OK. You?ve been saying so all along. And so has the international community. <hr></blockquote>

Where did I say this?

Here's a map showing Barak's last proposal to the palestinians in Taba 2001.

Tell me, Do you think its a good offer to build a lasting peace upon? Notice the settlements separating Ramallah and Jerusalem, two cities neigbouring eack other...

• Reply 658 of 761
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member

<strong>quote:

You are a joke. What more can I add to that.

mika.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I appreciate that joke since i am here on AI.
  • Reply 659 of 761
    quote:

Tell me, Do you think its a good offer to build a lasting peace upon?

Anything that will cede a centimeter of our national lands to the Arabs is a bad idea and a bad deal. If you don't understand this than you don't understand this. This is a band-aid solution and it will ultimately fail. You are underestimating Jewish resolve. The wheels of history grind slowly, but you can still get a glimpse of our resolve and determination.

mika.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: PC^KILLA ]</p>
  • Reply 660 of 761
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>

I appreciate that joke since i am here on AI.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ahh Yes. The French always appreciate the finer things in life ? Keep to your frogies Frenchi !

mika.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: PC^KILLA ]</p>