Moderator Behaviors

Comments

• Reply 61 of 160

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

I call you on this one TS...how many times have YOU posted one liners that are FUD? 

I can't imagine very often. Do you have examples?

Why does it seems people that disagree with you are the only ones that get their posts deleted?

Because that isn't the case at all.

• Reply 62 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I can't imagine very often. Do you have examples?

Because that isn't the case at all.

Here is a post you replied to.......

Originally Posted by peterm7 View Post

…AppleInsider should have more respect for human life than this.

Tallest Skil replied:

I think that's a little overboard."

You scared him...He never posted in the thread again. You have a reputation of intimidation and joking around about banning posters.

How do we know how many posts you delete that would prove us right? You have no credibility......when you can delete posts...then deny it (as you did with me) then only post edited parts you have no credibility.  You deleted my posts that contradicted what you posted.....Then you deleted my post asking why my first post was deleted! Just admit it....you were covering your tracks hoping I would not notice. You have no objectivity. You make for a great poster and forum debater. But because of your single mindedness and very narrow point of view.....you do not make a good administrator.

I have seen forum regulars use profanity...i have seen name calling......even racial posts....and you do not delete those posts......why?

You are right there commenting in the threads so you have to see them. But no action is taken....but publicly dispute on of you opinions

and you will delete their posts. I wonder how many you have deleted this way? We would have no way to know. the posts would just disappear.

• Reply 63 of 160

Tallest Skil replied:

I think that's a little overboard."

You scared him...He never posted in the thread again. 

Please be serious. Don't drum it up as a "primal fear"; it has been eleven hours. If the guy never posts again after a month, you can maybe start chalking it up to "fear". 

You deleted my posts that contradicted what you posted....

I deleted your post for this reason and this reason alone: I believed it to be trolling.

Reason for belief: I did not believe an admittedly intelligent person such as yourself could possibly believe the content of the post. I believed the information to which it referred was common knowledge, and as such rebutted itself. 

Solution: Post content deemed offensive restored to visibility, rebutted beyond all shadow of a doubt.

Take particular note of the solution. I do not find offensive nor objectionable your disagreement with me, nor your pointing it out. You continue to complain about "not restoring the full post", as though the other content was the point of the deletion. I have said multiple times that the content (now restored) was the reason for deletion.

I'm not going to say it again. If you still believe that I deleted it for any other reason, you'll need to provide some sort of evidence. 

Just admit it....you were covering your tracks hoping I would not notice.

Reply: In no way was I "covering my tracks", nor was I of the belief that this would not be noticed.

I have seen forum regulars use profanity...i have seen name calling......even racial posts....and you do not delete those posts......why?

REPORT THEM! Please do! We don't get a lot of user reports anymore; just Defensio doing its thing. If you see this stuff, we will take care of it. Sometimes I think users can't see the report button anymore. It's just the little flag at the bottom left of every post. 

But no action is taken….but publicly dispute on of you opinions and you will* delete their posts.

*bolding mine, for bold reply association below

Again, please do not say this anymore without any measure of proof. For example, we can swap out the word "disagreement" to create a similar situation. "You hate what I say because you are a member of [political party]." The accuser providing no evidence thereof, but continuing to repeat it despite evidence-backed denials by the accused. 

It should be quite apparent that the above statement is utterly false, otherwise you'd only see posts on the forum with which I agree. It should also be quite apparent that, even if this did occur even sparingly, you'd see a far wider and stronger reaction to its occurrence again, and yet there isn't a steady (or even trickling) stream of complaints in this regard.

Make no mistake, you will be the first to know exactly WHY one of your posts is deleted, should any more be in the future. I don't foresee any sort of need to, because, again, you're an intelligent person who I'm sure simply had a lapse of judgement in making that post in the first place. Heavens, you know me; I've also made blanket statements about Apple that have just been utter drivel!

Since my full rebuttal, you've yet to state anything about the argument you originally made or the rebuttal itself, choosing instead to attack me and make claims about me (all of which are false). I've always said that insults directed toward me will not be treated in the same way as insults directed toward other users of the forum. I've always said that I can be a punching bag where others absolutely CANNOT. This is fine! But it says something about your original argument that you've chosen to completely ignore the topic and attack the poster. I'd ask further questions about it, but I'm inclined to believe the original argument was never the point of the reply. Perhaps if I'd put my standard laugh emoticon at the end of my very first post, none of this nonsense would have happened.

• Reply 64 of 160

Quote:

Please be serious. Don't drum it up as a "primal fear"; it has been eleven hours. If the guy never posts again after a month, you can maybe start chalking it up to "fear". 

I deleted your post for this reason and this reason alone: I believed it to be trolling.

Reason for belief: I did not believe an admittedly intelligent person such as yourself could possibly believe the content of the post. I believed the information to which it referred was common knowledge, and as such rebutted itself. 

Solution: Post content deemed offensive restored to visibility, rebutted beyond all shadow of a doubt.

Take particular note of the solution. I do not find offensive nor objectionable your disagreement with me, nor your pointing it out. You continue to complain about "not restoring the full post", as though the other content was the point of the deletion. I have said multiple times that the content (now restored) was the reason for deletion.

I'm not going to say it again. If you still believe that I deleted it for any other reason, you'll need to provide some sort of evidence. 

Reply: In no way was I "covering my tracks", nor was I of the belief that this would not be noticed.

REPORT THEM! Please do! We don't get a lot of user reports anymore; just Defensio doing its thing. If you see this stuff, we will take care of it. Sometimes I think users can't see the report button anymore. It's just the little flag at the bottom left of every post. 

Again, please do not say this anymore without any measure of proof. For example, we can swap out the word "disagreement" to create a similar situation. "You hate what I say because you are a member of [political party]." The accuser providing no evidence thereof, but continuing to repeat it despite evidence-backed denials by the accused. 

It should be quite apparent that the above statement is utterly false, otherwise you'd only see posts on the forum with which I agree. It should also be quite apparent that, even if this did occur even sparingly, you'd see a far wider and stronger reaction to its occurrence again, and yet there isn't a steady (or even trickling) stream of complaints in this regard.

Make no mistake, you will be the first to know exactly WHY one of your posts is deleted, should any more be in the future. I don't foresee any sort of need to, because, again, you're an intelligent person who I'm sure simply had a lapse of judgement in making that post in the first place. Heavens, you know me; I've also made blanket statements about Apple that have just been utter drivel!

Since my full rebuttal, you've yet to state anything about the argument you originally made or the rebuttal itself, choosing instead to attack me and make claims about me (all of which are false). I've always said that insults directed toward me will not be treated in the same way as insults directed toward other users of the forum. I've always said that I can be a punching bag where others absolutely CANNOT. This is fine! But it says something about your original argument that you've chosen to completely ignore the topic and attack the poster. I'd ask further questions about it, but I'm inclined to believe the original argument was never the point of the reply. Perhaps if I'd put my standard laugh emoticon at the end of my very first post, none of this nonsense would have happened.

You are missing the very point.....as you always do. You are hiding behind your admin status. For the sake of transparency.....

Post my WHOLE post that you deleted. It was a reply to a post of your and included a quote of your post. So by all means repost it here. It did not violate an forums rules. It was not trolling. I disputed your post and made you look bad...that is why you deleted it. The why delete the second post asking why you you deleted the first post? To cover your tracks. Then you denied deleting my post at all.  This abuse of power. There are tons of post that fit your description of mine....in every thread. I threads that you are actively involved in and posting and replying to. why do you not take action on those? I have see jragosta even attack you personally and use the F word in replying to you. But you did not delete that post WHY. You have a double standard. You are not objective. You delete posts of people that have a history of disagreements with you....like me. Explain that TS. Why are there so many people complaining about this type of behavior from you?

• Reply 65 of 160

Quote:

Do you see the over riding theme from you? IN YOUR JUDGEMENT is why post get deleted. Not because the violate forum rules. List those forum rules that it violates then....when you delete them! Not behind the administrator shield.

Repost my what you deleted of mine here BOTH of them un edited. The whole post including the quote from your post from the post you deleted. Not just excerpts that don't give context but the whole post......

• Reply 66 of 160

You are hiding behind your admin status. For the sake of transparency.....

In what possible way could this be occurring.

Post my WHOLE post that you deleted.

Done. Now what?

It did not violate an forums rules. 

It was trolling.

It was not trolling. 

It was.

I disputed your post and made you look bad...that is why you deleted it.

No comment. You will never again receive a reply from me on the matter of this post. I do not have to repeat it again. 

I have see jragosta even attack you personally and use the F word in replying to you. But you did not delete that post WHY.

It's proof that everything you are claiming is a lie. Sort of like the content of that post.

Why are there so many people complaining about this type of behavior from you?

I count roughly 20. Is that your definition of "so many"? 

• Reply 67 of 160

Quote:

In what possible way could this be occurring.

Done. Now what?

It was trolling.

It was.

No comment. You will never again receive a reply from me on the matter of this post. I do not have to repeat it again. 

It's proof that everything you are claiming is a lie. Sort of like the content of that post.

I count roughly 20. Is that your definition of "so many"? 

So where is it? I don't see it here! So 20 people is not too many? Where are the 2 posts the you deleted in their entirety? Trolling as in how? Asking questions that invite debate? You do this all the time.....so does everyone else....thats what forums are for....debate and discussion and a back and forth dialogue.

Where are my entire posts?

• Reply 68 of 160
    20 people doesn't mean much

[LIST]
    [*] without knowing how many people actively visit this site, and post in the forums/fora
    [*] without the number of people who appreciate his posts
    [*] without the number of thumbs-up he gets, compared to other thumbs-ups
    [/LIST]

Not that this matters or relates to the discussion at hand here, so I guess this post is off topic, and there will be deleted. You can insert a sarc tag here, or read it without; I believe both options apply. [SIZE=2]Hey, that actually makes it on topic after all.[/SIZE]
  • Reply 69 of 160

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

20 people doesn't mean much

• without knowing how many people actively visit this site, and post in the forums/fora

• without the number of people who appreciate his posts

• without the number of thumbs-up he gets, compared to other thumbs-ups

Not that this matters or relates to the discussion at hand here, so I guess this post is off topic, and there will be deleted. You can insert a sarc tag here, or read it without; I believe both options apply. Hey, that actually makes it on topic after all.

you could be right...there could 100s of posts that are legitimate deletions. But mine were not. TS and I have a history of disagreeing with each other. That is why mine were deleted. I call him out when he posts his opinions as facts (could be construed as trolling) and he does not like that. I put some of the examples in my signature. He contradicts himself. But because of our history he deleted 2 posts (that i know of) that disputed what he said. That is why they were deleted. At first he denied he deleted them. If they violated forums rules why deny it?

• Reply 70 of 160
    Wow. Sorry. I made a BIG mistake here by posting. I do not want to be part of this discussion, only wanted to point something out. For both sides, without taking any. Sorry, carry on.
  • Reply 71 of 160

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Wow. Sorry. I made a BIG mistake here by posting. I do not want to be part of this discussion, only wanted to point something out. For both sides, without taking any. Sorry, carry on.

Thanks...sorry..its complicated 

• Reply 72 of 160
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Great thread, I saw a few messages that got deleted from the "NZ Police" thread, they were on topic, didn't insult anyone, but gone the next day
  • Reply 73 of 160

Lets look at my deleted post. Is it moderation or censorship?  I'm confident it was deleted by TS.

"I don't see how Angry Birds on 99$ Apple TV can kill PS3/XBOX FPS games so it's rather fanboy's wishful thinking."

I have few games on iPad, including Infinity Blade, Asphalt7 and Room. I don't own neither PS3 nor xbox but have seen few games on them in Best Buy. The gap is huge between them. I guess calling Nat Brown a fanboy is a some kind of offence. xD 

"But iPad for sure scored kill on handheld devices from Sony and Nintendo."

I no longer see kids in public places with Nintendo DS or similar products from Sony. All are "busy" with iPads. This another fact. So ...

• Reply 74 of 160

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

Lets look at my deleted post. Is it moderation or censorship?  I'm confident it was deleted by TS.

"I don't see how Angry Birds on 99$ Apple TV can kill PS3/XBOX FPS games so it's rather fanboy's wishful thinking."

I have few games on iPad, including Infinity Blade, Asphalt7 and Room. I don't own neither PS3 nor xbox but have seen few games on them in Best Buy. The gap is huge between them. I guess calling Nat Brown a fanboy is a some kind of offence. xD 

"But iPad for sure scored kill on handheld devices from Sony and Nintendo."

I no longer see kids in public places with Nintendo DS or similar products from Sony. All are "busy" with iPads. This another fact. So ...

The only way your are going to get any traction is to call him out on it. Go to the contact page here on the site and email the the top guys in control. Complain....complain and complain. That is the only recourse. He is out of control....he abuses his authority. Give them as much information as you can as to what thread it was deleted from and what day and time if you can.  Here is the contact page for the editors and the power guys....

http://appleinsider.com/contact/

Hope this helps. Look on the forums when you are posting and PM the other moderators too. Let them know what is going on

Please start a new thread with your issues and what has happened to you. this way it won't get lost in the other issues on this thread.

• Reply 75 of 160

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Great thread, I saw a few messages that got deleted from the "NZ Police" thread, they were on topic, didn't insult anyone, but gone the next day

The only way your are going to get any traction is to call him out on it. Go to the contact page here on the site and email the the top guys in control. Complain....complain and complain. That is the only recourse. He is out of control....he abuses his authority. Give them as much information as you can as to what thread it was deleted from and what day and time if you can.  Here is the contact page for the editors and the power guys....

http://appleinsider.com/contact/

Hope this helps. Look on the forums when you are posting and PM the other moderators too. Let them know what is going on

Please start a new thread with your issues and what has happened to you. this way it won't get lost in the other issues on this thread.

Hopefully we can show how out of control this administrator is and get him to step down or get removed by the powers in control.

• Reply 76 of 160

Use of "fanboy" to describe pro-Apple people has long been unacceptable. This isn't my rule. In fact, the rule itself is to either infract or ban.

I tend to lean away from the heavier punishments.

• Reply 77 of 160

Quote:

Use of "fanboy" to describe pro-Apple people has long been unacceptable. This isn't my rule. In fact, the rule itself is to either infract or ban.

So "fandroid" is legit non-offensive label in your understanding? I have ONE android device and reading some comments here makes me to be ashamed that I happened to have EIGHT apple devices.

Does x-box designer pro-Apple btw image

• Reply 78 of 160

But .. whatever. I don't care. It's still not as brutal as Blu-ray vs HD-DVD used to be image. ... I had both players...

• Reply 79 of 160

So "fandroid" is legit non-offensive label in your understanding?

Right, but on a pro-Android forum, it probably wouldn't be. See?

It's still not as brutal as Blu-ray vs HD-DVD used to be image. ... I had both players...

I still have a dual BD-RE/HD DVD-ROM drive in my Mac Pro… 

• Reply 80 of 160
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

Quote:

Since when, and where are these rules?  I couldn't care less about being called an Apple fanboy, and seems very nanny state to me.