Moderator Behaviors

135678

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 160
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,355moderator
    impactor wrote: »
    Also had one of my posts about OLED / LCD / task switching rejected while someone else's post after mine was approved in the same thread. My post was perfectly on topic and addressed both of the subjects debated in the thread directly, yet it got rejected.

    Some of your posts were held for moderation automatically because you are a new user and the forum software has a spam detector that flags things quite randomly. We have to go in and approve those. Your posts should be visible now.
  • Reply 42 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member


    I agree 100%. He has deleted several of my posts just because he disagreed with them or they proved him wrong about something. Its time to remove his ability to abuse his power. This forum loses intergrity if posts can be deleted not because they violate forum rules but because one administrator has an agenda.

  • Reply 43 of 160


    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

    He has deleted several of my posts just because he disagreed with them or they proved him wrong about something.


     


    I'll repeat it until the ends of the earth: This is not the case. I can provide examples of every instance in which this has happened to show that it is not the case. You can believe it if you wish, but you've no evidence of your own to say otherwise.

  • Reply 44 of 160

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    I'll repeat it until the ends of the earth: This is not the case. I can provide examples of every instance in which this has happened to show that it is not the case. You can believe it if you wish, but you've no evidence of your own to say otherwise.



    Oh, please, by all means, do explain your bans to my original account (Vaelian), including but not limited to your flagging of my posts more than once just to meet your ban quota and then reply to threads like nothing happened as if I wasn't replying because I had no arguments.  I'm dying to see your justifications!  I'll own you with evidence if it comes to that!

  • Reply 45 of 160


    Hey, TS!  Having fun banning new users left and right because you think they're me?  I've already seen at least two posts who were not mine get deleted because of your paranoia.  Will you close down the site because you're too afraid I might post?  Too late, that's already happened, two of my accounts already got through.  ;)


     


    PS: I wouldn't sleep if I was you.

  • Reply 46 of 160
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    I'll repeat it until the ends of the earth: This is not the case. I can provide examples of every instance in which this has happened to show that it is not the case. You can believe it if you wish, but you've no evidence of your own to say otherwise.



    So why were many of my posts recently deleted? Repeat it till the end of the earth all you want but you aren't fooling anyone. We see our posts disappear just because they point out your errors or fail to follow your very narrow POV. 


     


    You are doing far more harm to Appleinsider than helping since you run off many guests. I am sure the site owners want to attract visitors nor run them off. When you have had dozens of members flat out tell you they think you stink as a moderator a reasonable person might consider taking a look in the mirror. You on the other hand dig in your heels and become even more outlandish. This site will be much better off once you no longer are a moderator. 

  • Reply 47 of 160


    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

    So why were many of my posts recently deleted?


     


    This was already resolved. Publicly. You already know the answer.


     


    Most websites don't even allow questioning the actions of the moderation staff. I'm always willing to offer up the reasons for actions of moderation. I figured you were a reasonable person, as well, hence my repeated attempts to explain it to you.


     


    This case has already been resolved, and the offending text was even reposted publicly. Come. Off. It.

  • Reply 48 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post


    So why were many of my posts recently deleted? Repeat it till the end of the earth all you want but you aren't fooling anyone. We see our posts disappear just because they point out your errors or fail to follow your very narrow POV. 


     


    You are doing far more harm to Appleinsider than helping since you run off many guests. I am sure the site owners want to attract visitors nor run them off. When you have had dozens of members flat out tell you they think you stink as a moderator a reasonable person might consider taking a look in the mirror. You on the other hand dig in your heels and become even more outlandish. This site will be much better off once you no longer are a moderator. 



    Its time to contact the site owners and editors...i know I am.....TS is abusing his power to delete post that contradict him or challenge his point of view. he has deleted my posts because they pointed out how wrong he was. I wonder how many times he has deleted post and the orignal poster never knew?

  • Reply 49 of 160
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I'll repeat it until the ends of the earth: This is not the case. I can provide examples of every instance in which this has happened to show that it is not the case. You can believe it if you wish, but you've no evidence of your own to say otherwise.

    I'll vouch for TS on this. We've had our fair share of disagreements and he's never once deleted one of my posts unless it was a duplicate and I requested deletion.
  • Reply 50 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post





    I'll vouch for TS on this. We've had our fair share of disagreements and he's never once deleted one of my posts unless it was a duplicate and I requested deletion.


    That you know of.....i would never had known mine was deletd if I had not gone back and checked.....

  • Reply 51 of 160


    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

    That you know of.....i would never had known mine was deletd if I had not gone back and checked.....


     


    I'm sorry, but your vendetta against me is readily apparent. You don't have a leg to stand on.


     


    You've kept the same signature for years under a false pretense, despite being told exactly what each of those quotes mean and how they operate within context. Your refusal to accept my explanation there is identical to your refusal to accept it in this regard, and again, every single post of yours that has been deleted has not been for the reason you claim. I have provided evidence of this, publicly, and individually. You have not.


     


    Please continue to post your ramblings here, however. At least it keeps them out of real threads, meaning fewer posts to delete.

  • Reply 52 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    I'm sorry, but your vendetta against me is readily apparent. You don't have a leg to stand on.


     


    You've kept the same signature for years under a false pretense, despite being told exactly what each of those quotes mean and how they operate within context. Your refusal to accept my explanation there is identical to your refusal to accept it in this regard, and again, every single post of yours that has been deleted has not been for the reason you claim. I have provided evidence of this, publicly, and individually. You have not.


     


    Please continue to post your ramblings here, however. At least it keeps them out of real threads, meaning fewer posts to delete.



    and evreryone else that is complaining about you deleting posts? They have a personal vendetta too? My signature shows how you present your opinion as fact and resent anyone that challenges you on it. The excert you gave of the deletd post did not violate any of the forum rules. Then you only gave the edited version so there was no context to what you edited. You really do abuse your powers. i wonder how many posts have been deleted since you have been an administrator? I will bet that number has gone up drastically. I wonder how posts you delete versus the rest of the moderators/admins on the site?


    Edit: I think the last line in you statement says it all........

  • Reply 53 of 160
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    geekdad wrote: »
    That you know of.....i would never had known mine was deletd if I had not gone back and checked.....

    I play close attention to whatever threads I post a reply to. The only post of mine that was deleted was one I used profane lyrics in and another moderator didn't realize that they were lyrics.
  • Reply 54 of 160
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    This was already resolved. Publicly. You already know the answer.


     


    Most websites don't even allow questioning the actions of the moderation staff. I'm always willing to offer up the reasons for actions of moderation. I figured you were a reasonable person, as well, hence my repeated attempts to explain it to you.


     


    This case has already been resolved, and the offending text was even reposted publicly. Come. Off. It.



    So I thought, but then you brought it all back up again in the main forum. I too thought it was resolved. And the missing posts I am talking about occurred in the last two days. They were not insults or attacks of any sort, just opinions that differed from yours. I went back later to check on replies and noticed several posts had mysteriously vanished. Perhaps it was not even you and someone else, of that I cannot be sure but the fact remains that several of my posts in the last few days have been deleted with absolutely no good reason. If you enjoy being a mod here I suggest you try and reevaluate how you treat people here. There appears to be a pretty big groundswell of people who want you removed and if enough people start complaining to the site owners and it is effecting their bottom line and reputation they can easily find someone to replace you. I already think you have crossed the line far too many times but it is not my site. I wonder if Neil is aware of your behavior? 

  • Reply 55 of 160


    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

    And the missing posts I am talking about occurred in the last two days. They were not insults or attacks of any sort, just opinions that differed from yours.


     


    Three posts, two reasons.


     


    Reply to bot, trolling, trolling, in reverse order.

  • Reply 56 of 160
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member


    WTH does reply to bot even mean? There was an excellent post by someone that pointed out a lot of features he hoped to see in iOS 7.


     


    Post those deleted "troll" posts here then for proof. Considering nearly all your posts would be considered trolling if you were just a member and not a mod that is really rich. 

  • Reply 57 of 160
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member


    Like I thought, you won't provide proof. Well I and a lot of other members have had enough of your bullying, deleting posts, and other tactics. I contacted the other mods as well as Neil to let them know about your behavior and encourage all other members to do the same. You can delete posts here but you can't delete messages by email, and especially Appleinsider's twitter and facebook accounts. Any other members who are fed up with being bullied by Tallest Skill I strongly encourage you to let your voices be heard as well. You need to be removed as a mod and post just like any other member. 


     


    The lastest example is when I reported one of your post as being abusive for calling someone a liar. Instead of editing your post, or ignoring my report you called me out by name in that post. A perfect example of your abuse of power and bad modding. No Mod should ever respond to a report of abuse on their own post and should allow a different mod to decide. You need to be removed and I think you have pissed off enough people to make sure that happens. 


     


     


     


     


  • Reply 58 of 160


    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

    Like I thought, you won't provide proof.


     


    "iOS is stale" is not an acceptable argument. You know that. It's trolling, pure and simple. Can you give us a reason why such posts should be sent through?


     



    The lastest example is when I reported one of your post as being abusive for calling someone a liar.



     


    Everything he said was a lie. You would have been fine with just deleting the post, then? It's as trolling and as FUD-filled, at least. Is your complaint an apparent lack of consistency in what posts are left and deleted? Should all posts be left, regardless of content? If this is your belief, you shouldn't report anything ever again in the future, as all posts being allowed means no posts can be removed.


     


    What about this: "Apple stole the GUI from Xerox". This is a lie, as proven in court and by testimonies of dozens of individuals on both sides in the decades since. Should posts that say this still be allowed, or should we be allowed to delete them due to their obviously trolling nature? Nothing productive or intelligent is contained in posts that say this, and they derail threads they enter.


     


    How about a post that says "Apple users suck" and nothing more. Should that be left up? You seem to think so. And yet it makes even less sense to leave such posts visible.


     


    Again, many websites' moderators operate with iron fisted rules. I tend to be pretty dang chill. You'd see users be banned for asking why their posts were deleted elsewhere, but I'm more than willing to explain why, if it's a question! I have, for every instance you've mentioned. If after knowing this reason you still disagree with the policy that enabled it, mention THAT in a feedback thread. Calling me out personally and insulting me for doing my job isn't the right way to go about it. 


     


    What makes me upset is that you refuse to even accept the reasons I have given, continuing to claim the other reasons. That's perfectly fine, just provide proof of what you believe. Except you don't, and can't, and yet you still believe it, or at least claim to. In this way, it's the same as the "Apple stole from Xerox" comments. 


     


    Were I truly the despot you make me out to be, this thread would never have existed, no posts where you question deletion would be visible, and no explanation for said deletions would have been given. I'm trying to make you understand both this and why said posts were deleted, is all. 






    Instead of editing your post, or ignoring my report you called me out by name in that post.




     


    To what would I have edited it? Do you want me to explain why he is a liar? Why not simply reply to my post then, asking for explanation, as any other user would? By reporting it as "prohibited", despite it not being, you don't make that point. Additionally, my post was neither offensive nor abusive, as you claimed. Offense and abuse both have specific requirements, none of which were met by what I said. As I have given explanations for my actions in deleting posts, can you give an explanation for what in that post was either (not even both) offensive or abusive? Abuse (I assume of power) would have constituted tangible punishment for having said what he said. But I did not nor would I have infracted (banned, whatever you wish) that post.


     


    Were I the despot you make me out to be, giving the guy a demeaning user title is certainly an example of abuse of power, and yet I just came up with that example right now. It hadn't occurred to me until mere seconds ago, nor will I ever do that at any time in the future.






    …I think you have pissed off enough people…




     


    Two? I realize more than two people dislike some of my opinions and actions, but two seems to be the number unwilling to accept explanations or give their own in this regard. 

  • Reply 59 of 160


    Know what, though? You're right about one thing.


     


    This post right here is perfectly fine. As such, I've restored it. I apologize to you, here, publicly, for its deletion. It was in haste, borne of its proximity to the other post. You outlined specific reasons for your belief, and as such you should be able to state it. The other post, however, claims only that "iOS is stale", without giving reasons. That's what we're trying to avoid; that FUD. 


     


    I don't agree with your cutoff for calling it stale in the post I just restored, nor do I agree that it is at all stale in the first place. But you presented your argument in that post intelligently and with truthful examples to back it, and as such it should remain as part of the discussion. I'll make a note of this, as well, in the relevant thread itself.

  • Reply 60 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Know what, though? You're right about one thing.


     


    This post right here is perfectly fine. As such, I've restored it. I apologize to you, here, publicly, for its deletion. It was in haste, borne of its proximity to the other post. You outlined specific reasons for your belief, and as such you should be able to state it. The other post, however, claims only that "iOS is stale", without giving reasons. That's what we're trying to avoid; that FUD. 


     


    I don't agree with your cutoff for calling it stale in the post I just restored, nor do I agree that it is at all stale in the first place. But you presented your argument in that post intelligently and with truthful examples to back it, and as such it should remain as part of the discussion. I'll make a note of this, as well, in the relevant thread itself.





    I call you on this one TS...how many times have YOU posted one liners that are FUD? You do this all the time. I see tons of posts in the forums that people point out errors Apple makes. You don't delete all of those...why? Why does it seems people that disagree with you are the only ones that get their posts deleted?


    You are not very objective. You do not follow you own guidelines.


    Yes...you restored his post but look at all he had to go through just to get that done! Its too much......

Sign In or Register to comment.