Moderator Behaviors

123578

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 160
    jfanning wrote: »
    Great thread, I saw a few messages that got deleted from the "NZ Police" thread, they were on topic, didn't insult anyone, but gone the next day

    That happens, sometimes to my posts as well. As I understand it the software is also designed to get rid of things, like posting the c-word; that gets replaced by **** IIRC.
    omega wrote: »
    Since when, and where are these rules?  I couldn't care less about being called an Apple fanboy, and seems very nanny state to me.

    Bottom of every page has a Privacy/TOS, which links to here:
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/143315/guidelines

    Pretty impossible to miss, I'd say.
  • Reply 82 of 160
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Use of "fanboy" to describe pro-Apple people has long been unacceptable. This isn't my rule. In fact, the rule itself is to either infract or ban.

    I tend to lean away from the heavier punishments.

    What a joke, you are just making things up as you go along to try and justify your actions
  • Reply 83 of 160
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    philboogie wrote: »
    That happens, sometimes to my posts as well. As I understand it the software is also designed to get rid of things, like posting the c-word; that gets replaced by **** IIRC.

    Someone posted a message which consisted of "in the past it was no one got fired for buying ibm, now it is Apple", this message is now gone, can you think of a reason?

    I replied to this stating a fact that is was funny they mentioned IBM as NZ police have had problems with IBM in the past, again, this post is removed, can you think of a reason?
    philboogie wrote: »
    Bottom of every page has a Privacy/TOS, which links to here:
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/143315/guidelines

    Pretty impossible to miss, I'd say.

    I can't see the word fanboy anywhere on that link
  • Reply 84 of 160
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post





    That happens, sometimes to my posts as well. As I understand it the software is also designed to get rid of things, like posting the c-word; that gets replaced by **** IIRC.

    Bottom of every page has a Privacy/TOS, which links to here:

    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/143315/guidelines



    Pretty impossible to miss, I'd say.


    Impossible?  I would say that most users here have never seen that link.  I also can not see in that link where fanboy is considered to a dirty word.

  • Reply 85 of 160
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

    I can't see the word fanboy anywhere on that link


    That is because it doesn't exist.  Which of the seven points are being violated?  Please TS can you clarify why you are deleting posts which don't meet your exacting standards?  And yes I think you are a poor moderator because the word moderator implies that you are moderate.  You sir are not.  You have a fantastic knowledge of things apple but you belittle people to the extreme.  

  • Reply 86 of 160


    Originally Posted by Omega View Post

    Since when, and where are these rules?


     


    Certainly! And to further prove wrong what you claim about me, particularly this:






    Please TS can you clarify why you are deleting posts which don't meet your exacting standards?



     


    I will personally state that I find it too extreme to so much as give an infraction to someone who quotes someone who said "fanboy", despite what the linked post says, and in addition to the 'instant permanent ban' for the fanboy poster himself mentioned therein.


     


    My actual standards? Probably as follows: It would be nice if no one felt compelled to call an Apple fan a "fanboy" on an Apple forum. That's just dumb, and this is pretty much universally agreeable. Since our rule is that the people who do this receive at least some measure of punishment, and since I agree with the rule in that regard, you'll generally see malicious posts that say "fanboy" deleted. It's just that simple, and it saves threads from at least one form of vacuous comment.


     


    They're baiting posts, and this is just the fish throwing the bait back in the fisherman's face.






    I couldn't care less about being called an Apple fanboy, and seems very nanny state to me.



     


    No, it's just common courtesy. It's fine that it doesn't bother you, though!





    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

    What a joke, you are just making things up as you go along to try and justify your actions


     


    I've been nice so far, and I rather think I'm still being comparatively nice with the following, but I'm going to have to ask you to step out of this.


     


    I really don't appreciate continually having fanciful claims brought against me when I have both repeatedly given evidence and testimony to prove that I'm not lying about what I say and also asked politely for it to stop. I realize this is your first instance in doing so (here), but you're piggybacking on the main discussion. Again, if you have any evidence of what you claim, that's fine. But you don't, see… 

  • Reply 87 of 160
    omegaomega Posts: 427member


    Not everybody reads every thread posted on the forum and unless its existence is made global then it makes you look nothing than an AI fanboy who is using it as an excuse to meet your own agenda.

  • Reply 88 of 160


    Originally Posted by Omega View Post

    Not everybody reads every thread posted on the forum and unless its existence is made global then it makes you look nothing than an AI fanboy who is using it as an excuse to meet your own agenda.


     


    And there you go; your argument is now null and void. I think it's doing people a favor to delete posts like this without banning them immediately (since then they don't discredit themselves), but I see exactly where that idea comes from.


     


    No forum has ever had all of their rules written. That's to be understood. And this rule isn't one of those "niggling, esoteric in-jokes you only pick up from being here a while", no, it's just post-one, common sense.

  • Reply 89 of 160
    omegaomega Posts: 427member


    Null and void?  Get of that high horse because the lack of air up there is effecting your thinking.  Lundy has hardly posted here in the last year, and you are using a post that he posted in a thread to most likely warn people in that thread to justify your agenda.


     


    And to say that your are doing people a favour by not banning them?  Stop playing the victim and trying to be the good guy because the hat don't fit.  You delete posts because you do not agree with them and been called out by other users for being heavy handed in your "moderation".  


     


    As I said earlier I think you know a lot about Apple. Perhaps too much because a lot of your posts come across as condescending which puts you at odds with the user base.   


     


    But no doubt I have violated some rule which has been posted somewhere and action will be taken.  Or will you add me to your list of people to censor because I haven't drunk the TS kool aid? 


     


    image

  • Reply 90 of 160


    Originally Posted by Omega View Post


    You delete posts because you do not agree with them…



     


    No further complaints in this regard will be given the time of day. You can claim anything you want, but you look the fool doing it without evidence, particularly when you fly in the face of the actual evidence.

  • Reply 91 of 160
    omegaomega Posts: 427member


    I look the fool?  Remember this thread is about you and your heavy handed moderation.  

  • Reply 92 of 160


    Originally Posted by Omega View Post

    I look the fool?  Remember this thread is about you and your heavy handed moderation.  


     


    And in every instance provided here, I have shown evidence that the claimed is incorrect. That users continue to claim otherwise after the fact makes them look the fool, yes.


     


    Just as someone would look the fool if they were to claim right now that Apple will never make an all-in-one computer. 


     


    So anything else to claim, or have you let off enough steam yet?

  • Reply 93 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    No further complaints in this regard will be given the time of day. You can claim anything you want, but you look the fool doing it without evidence, particularly when you fly in the face of the actual evidence.





    OMG...I see a reoccurring theme from more and more claiming the exact same thing. They disagree with you in the forums and you start deleted posts based on your judgment. Not based on forum rules but you judgment and personal involvement.


    TS you make a good forum regular and you probably have more forum posts than anyone else. But that makes you too involved and invested to be objective. More an more people are coming out with your heavy handed tactics. You are not fair and certainly not objective.


    You delete posts that disagree with your very narrow point of view. You do not notify the poster of rule infractions for the deletions. You are abusing your administrative powers.

  • Reply 94 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    And in every instance provided here, I have shown evidence that the claimed is incorrect. That users continue to claim otherwise after the fact makes them look the fool, yes.


     


    Just as someone would look the fool if they were to claim right now that Apple will never make an all-in-one computer. 


     


    So anything else to claim, or have you let off enough steam yet?





    Or someone that claimed Apple would never make a smaller iPad? Or someone that claimed Google was going to collapse under pressure from Oracle?


    Or someone that claimed Apples next iPhone would NOT be called the iPhone 5 because it was the 6th generation phone.


    All of these claims YOU have made!

  • Reply 95 of 160


    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

    Or someone that claimed Apple would never make a smaller iPad? Or someone that claimed Google was going to collapse under pressure from Oracle?


    Or someone that claimed Apples next iPhone would NOT be called the iPhone 5 because it was the 6th generation phone.


    All of these claims YOU have made!



     


    I'm questioning my original belief in your intelligence… 


     


    Every example you've given? Happened before we had the evidence to state otherwise.


    Every claim you've made? Happened after you had the evidence to state otherwise.




    You honestly have to be kidding me with this post.

  • Reply 96 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    No further complaints in this regard will be given the time of day. You can claim anything you want, but you look the fool doing it without evidence, particularly when you fly in the face of the actual evidence.





    Yep...stick your head and the sand and just deny everything. Does it bother you? Doesn't the very people you are supposed to support as an administrator complaining bother you? Look at this thread and the other in the feedback forum. More and your customers are asking to to step down!


     


    Everyone that is posting here. Please contact the site owners and editors and publishers with your issues. Please post on the AppleInsider Facebook and Twitter pages what is going on.....

  • Reply 97 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    I'm questioning my original belief in your intelligence… 


     


    Every example you've given? Happened before we had the evidence to state otherwise.


    Every claim you've made? Happened after you had the evidence to state otherwise.




    You honestly have to be kidding me with this post.





    LOL...really? So in hindsight and after that fact you don't stand by those statements? Wow you didn't have eveidense before hand? Isn't that what makes them predictions in the first place??


    Now i really have to question your IQ...what about 90 is it? You live at home too TS....maybe in your mothers basement?


    So when you claim other people are foolish with what they post remember we all know what YOU have posted too!


    We all know what your predictions have been! LOL

  • Reply 98 of 160
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,285member


    I've no idea what you're now hoping to accomplish. The only thing I see is any point you may have had is being lost in a sea of personal insults and attacks that make YOU appear petty and immature. It's not terribly smart to feed ammo into the gun that's aiming at you. 


     


    Really, enough is enough. You're not helping your cause in any way. If I could I probably would have banned you myself by now, and I'm pretty patient compared to many others here.

  • Reply 99 of 160
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    I've no idea what you're now hoping to accomplish. The only thing I see is any point you may have had is being lost in a sea of personal insults and attacks that make YOU appear petty and immature. It's not terribly smart to feed ammo into the gun that's aiming at you. 


     


    Really, enough is enough. You're not helping your cause in any way. If I could I probably would have banned you myself by now, and I'm pretty patient compared to many others here.





    You have a good point...i have sunk to his level. So what do you suggest then? I have no problem with TS as a poster...he has some good points sometimes. But when he can just delete posts based on personal judgement and not rules...then that is the problem. He is not objective. How many of your posts has he deleted? How do you know?

  • Reply 100 of 160
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,285member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post




    You have a good point...i have sunk to his level. So what do you suggest then? I have no problem with TS as a poster...he has some good points sometimes. But when he can just delete posts based on personal judgement and not rules...then that is the problem. He is not objective. How many of your posts has he deleted? How do you know?



    There's only been 7 deleted AFAIK. I think most if not all of those were because they replied to another poster who's quoted post was deleted. Leaving mine wouldn't make sense then to a casual reader. I'm not aware of any dumped for content and I guarantee none were deleted for personally attacking another member just to provoke them, referred to as trolling. That should give you some idea of how to behave as a forum member. 

Sign In or Register to comment.