Moderator Behaviors

123457

Comments

  • Reply 121 of 160




     



    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post



    No more deleting posts or banning people willy nilly.


     


     


    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    Well, as it doesn't happen now…



     


    Really? We are still waiting for you to explain why you deleted my 'Nobody ever got fired for buying Apple post' (and the replies to it).

  • Reply 122 of 160
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Not trying to 'suck up' here, but I think all moderators are doing a good job here at AI. And a positive post never hurts.

    Ben je gek? TS is een kutmoderator.

    Blijkbaar gek. Ik zie hem anders, zo lijkt het. Hij geeft technische support aan degene die een vraag stellen, hij laat frequente posters binnen op test pagina's, zoals the mobile forum. Hij geeft een link naar de AI iOS App... meer dan een week voordat deze gereleased wordt. Hij heeft een oog voor detail wat je hier ook mag verwachten, maar hij ziet sneller en meer dan de meeste posters. Hij heeft een gevoel voor humor wat zo apart is dat je het weinig ziet, en dat maakt hem controversieel. Dat hierdoor niet iedereen hem mag is duidelijk, maar het blijft humor.

    En misschien is het wel deze omstredenheid wat sommige ook weer aantrekt. Als hij ergens mee over de scheef zo gaan, zou Kasper zijn account niet blokkeren? Nee, TS doet wat hij doet, en ik kan doorscrollen als ik geen zin heb in bepaalde posters/posts.

    Proost.
  • Reply 123 of 160

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post





    Blijkbaar gek. Ik zie hem anders, zo lijkt het. Hij geeft technische support aan degene die een vraag stellen, hij laat frequente posters binnen op test pagina's, zoals the mobile forum. Hij geeft een link naar de AI iOS App... meer dan een week voordat deze gereleased wordt. Hij heeft een oog voor detail wat je hier ook mag verwachten, maar hij ziet sneller en meer dan de meeste posters. Hij heeft een gevoel voor humor wat zo apart is dat je het weinig ziet, en dat maakt hem controversieel. Dat hierdoor niet iedereen hem mag is duidelijk, maar het blijft humor.



    En misschien is het wel deze omstredenheid wat sommige ook weer aantrekt. Als hij ergens mee over de scheef zo gaan, zou Kasper zijn account niet blokkeren? Nee, TS doet wat hij doet, en ik kan doorscrollen als ik geen zin heb in bepaalde posters/posts.



    Proost.


    Sorry, maar ik ben het niet eens. Ik vind hem neerbuigend, en (als je niet een 'vriend') is hij te snel berichten die niet passen zijn opvattingen te verwijderen... image


     


    Prettig weekend. image

  • Reply 124 of 160
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Sorry, maar ik ben het niet eens. Ik vind hem neerbuigend, en (als je niet een 'vriend') is hij te snel berichten die niet passen zijn opvattingen te verwijderen... <img alt="1hmm.gif" id="user_yui_3_7_3_1_1365153498022_1075" src="http://forums-files.appleinsider.com/images/smilies/1hmm.gif" style="line-height:1.231;" name="user_yui_3_7_3_1_1365153498022_1075">


    Prettig weekend. <img alt="1wink.gif" id="user_yui_3_7_3_1_1365153498022_1330" src="http://forums-files.appleinsider.com/images/smilies/1wink.gif" style="line-height:1.231;" name="user_yui_3_7_3_1_1365153498022_1330">

    Geen sorry nodig; iedereen heeft zijn eigen mening. En ik begrijp die van jou net zo goed. Zeker als hij posts verwijderd. Hij komt zeker neerbuigend over - in sommige posts - in andere weer heel anders. Hij is zeker moeilijk te bevatten, voor mij, maar ergens denk ik dat het echt een 'goeie peer' is. En ik ben makkelijk in het negeren van posts, blokker sommige posters omdat ik geen zin heb in hun mening. Misschien wel kortzichtig of struisvogelpolitiek van mij. Dat mag men best van mij zeggen.

    Goed weekend alvast!
  • Reply 125 of 160
    Damn Nazis... I knew something was wrong with Apple. just kidding.
  • Reply 126 of 160
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member


    Originally Posted by SCProfessor View Post

    Damn Nazis... I knew something was wrong with Apple. just kidding.


     


    Dutch has its linguistic roots in Germanic, but there's some French-inspired spillover the further west you go in the Low Countries.

  • Reply 127 of 160

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    Dutch has its linguistic roots in Germanic, but there's some French-inspired spillover the further west you go in the Low Countries.



     


    You mean South.

  • Reply 128 of 160
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member


    Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post

    You mean South.


     


    Well, sure; you'd wind up in the Channel if you went due west. image

  • Reply 129 of 160
    Wow you dudes are strung tighter than a cello I use to pretend to play. I can somewhat I'd them and translate them on my skyrocket phone... Ha :smokey:
  • Reply 130 of 160
    And fwiw, TS is a good egg EVEN though my lame comments don't sit well with him and vanish.
  • Reply 131 of 160
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Well, sure; you'd wind up in the Channel if you went due west. :lol:

    You mean the North Sea
  • Reply 132 of 160
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member


    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

    You mean the North Sea


     


    Y'know, I was going to say that, but I checked my map again. What are the official boundaries of the English Channel, then? Does it end in the east at Calais and Dover?

  • Reply 133 of 160
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    jfanning wrote: »
    You mean the North Sea

    Y'know, I was going to say that, but I checked my map again. What are the official boundaries of the English Channel, then? Does it end in the east at Calais and Dover?

    That's correct. The Strait of Dover is the eastern end of the Channel. Past that it is the North Sea.
  • Reply 134 of 160
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member


    A post today on an article talking about the next iPhone reminded me exactly why TS started targeting my post to quote and ridicule. Prior to the iPhone 5 release there was all sorts of heated debates about what it would be called. I called it the iPhone 5. TS was furious and demanded that I stop calling it that. He used the words "Stop it, stop it now!" if memory serves.  I refused to stop calling it that and ever since have been targeted. Prior to that I had no idea he existed and I suspect he had never noticed me either as I am an infrequent poster compared to many here.

  • Reply 135 of 160
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member


    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

    …ever since have been targeted.


     


    lol, you think that's it, do you? That's great. image

  • Reply 136 of 160
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    lol, you think that's it, do you? That's great. image



    Purely a guess. I also have no idea why you post on average 250 times a week or more on this site. I don't even see how anyone could possibly find the time to do so with all the time required for work, family, and other time requirements life places on us all. I don't even know what Apple products you own besides an iPad you mentioned once. I thought you said you used a Mac Mini as well but you you called me a liar.  Nor do I understand why certain people have rubbed you the wrong way, only you can answer that. I have never started insulting people on this forum but I do reply in kind. There is a great deal about you I don't understand nor am I all that interested in finding out. I would imagine most people that don't even own a working iPhone nor plan to buy one would not get so worked up about naming schemes or features for future models. With no skin in the game yourself I have to admit I am mystified about your passion for what Apple should or should not to do to a device you have absolutely no intention of purchasing. What I can say after being a member here since around 2001 is that since you have been a mod my experience here is much less pleasant and I have noticed discussions where you actively participate quickly become far more heated than without your participation. You take things far too personally and really need to be more open to the concept that you can be an Apple fan while still offering constructive criticism. Forums should offer a place to read new ideas that challenge preconceived notions rather than holding to the party line.  Stop seeing trolls where none exist. I do thank you for your efforts at removing spam of which I imagine is profuse but we never see. It is not your ideas that upset me but your tone and overuse of /s and ¡ and all your other ways you tend to appease certain members in the peanut gallery. If you could just write is a less snarky way and give some people the benefit of the doubt I would relish debating ideas with you in a respectable manner. That is hard to do when I feel you are being dismissive or desultory. 

  • Reply 137 of 160
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member


    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

    Purely a guess.


     


    No, you explicitly stated it as though it were the truth. You do that a lot. Don't claim things you can't possibly back up and maybe you won't have to backtrack so much.






    Nor do I understand why certain people have rubbed you the wrong way…



     


    The making up lies about me and refusing to believe anything I say when I disprove them (as previously mentioned) certainly couldn't have been part of that¡






    There is a great deal about you I don't understand nor am I all that interested in finding out.



     


    Then stop caring. Either that or you're lying again, which is probably the case since you keep asking questions (hypothetical or otherwise) on this subject.






    give some people the benefit of the doubt…



     


    Perhaps do so yourself, then.

  • Reply 138 of 160
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member


    At the end of the day this is just a forum for discussion and ideas that will have zero effect on Apple's decision making. No opinion carries any more weight or validity than anyone else. You call people trolls, liars, tell them to shut up! and many other names often without any justification. Last I heard this was Neil Hughes site not yours! Having been an Apple Seed developer since the very first version os OS X Cheetah, I can tell you that our forum there is far more critical and it is encouraged! They ask use to submit feature requests and to date I have counted 24 of my ideas that you are using right now on your Mac but due to NDA's I can't divulge what they are or say anything more than some of my ideas were approved. Perhaps that is what galls you the most knowing that a person like me is actually has a voice, albeit a tiny one, when it comes to the future of OS X and Apple products while your ideas go unheard on a rumor forum. The good news for you is I will be busy with my latest testing for Apple so I will have far less time to post here and annoy you. So continue posting your 250+ posts a week in peace. 

  • Reply 139 of 160
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member


    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

    At the end of the day this is just a forum for discussion and ideas that will have zero effect on Apple's decision making. No opinion carries any more weight or validity than anyone else. You call people trolls, liars, tell them to shut up! and many other names often without any justification. Last I heard this was Neil Hughes site not yours! Having been an Apple Seed developer since the very first version os OS X Cheetah, I can tell you that our forum there is far more critical and it is encouraged! They ask use to submit feature requests and to date I have counted 24 of my ideas that you are using right now on your Mac but due to NDA's I can't divulge what they are or say anything more than some of my ideas were approved. Perhaps that is what galls you the most knowing that a person like me is actually has a voice, albeit a tiny one, when it comes to the future of OS X and Apple products while your ideas go unheard on a rumor forum. The good news for you is I will be busy with my latest testing for Apple so I will have far less time to post here and annoy you. So continue posting your 250+ posts a week in peace. 


     


    So, to recap, you refuse to answer any questions, give any proof, or say anything even remotely relevant in the slightest way to anything that anyone is actually talking about and instead choose to CONTINUE to lie, spread FUD, and generally, well, do to me what you're claiming I'm doing to you.


     


    And you wonder why I don't give a frick about what you think. image

  • Reply 140 of 160
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Perhaps I should setup a domain, MacHumors.com, displaying a white page with just one single link ...to this thread.
Sign In or Register to comment.