10.2.8 gone wrong?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 154
    Clamshell iBook - 10.2.8 works perfectly.

Mail ran slower than normal at first, but now it's fine.

Many features seem to run faster overall.
  • Reply 22 of 154
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I have that issue with the battery time on my powerbook. Made me do a double take at work today, "where'd my power go?". But other than that fine. Plus I got my WEP airport wireless working. Don't know if the update did that or what?
  • Reply 23 of 154
    No probs.

Was 10.2.8 only pulled temporairily? Apple's website suggests that.
  • Reply 24 of 154
    Yea my Power Managment is screwed up now. Nothing else is wrong besides this though. I have just as much battery time as I did before but the time managment tells me I have 32 minutes at 42% and 21 min at 28% lol
  • Reply 25 of 154
    Fairly long restart on Monday night after upgrading (waited a very long time for the computer to actually finish logging out and restarting, but the actual startup process didn't take too long.) Then, just as the screen went blue and I was waiting for the login window, the computer restarted on its own again. Start up chime and everything. After that, the startup process went fairly smoothly.

I'm noticing a severe slowdown in my internet speed since upgrading and restarting, but I'm sure that's probably a Comcast problem and not something related to 10.2.8. I'm just going to go ahead and blame the hurricane, which continues to cause problems for my family and my place of business today.
  • Reply 26 of 154
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My Neverwinter Nights is running slow. Could be the update ... or not?
  • Reply 27 of 154
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Strange. I thought I had no problems until just today, when my mouse got slightly wonky after waking from sleep. It's a Logitech mouse and I'm using Logitech's drivers. Anyway, it was making the buttons not have the same functions as they normally do, but it's fixed when I open the Logitech preference pane and then close it immediately, so it's not a huge concern.
  • Reply 28 of 154
    what is "repairing permissions" ?

(and how does one do this?)
  • Reply 29 of 154
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

what is "repairing permissions" ?

/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

Select your partition.

Choose the First Aid tab.

Click "Repair Disk Permissions".

It fixes the ownership settings for files and directories that should belong to the system.
  • Reply 30 of 154
    I always verify permissions before repairing them. Is this necessary, or is it just a waste of time?

Anyway, no problems for me on a 400Mhz G3 PowerBook. Actually, Safari now works on some websites where it previously had problems.
  • Reply 31 of 154
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Just click on repair permissions.
  • Reply 32 of 154
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Now I'm worried since Apple yanked the update w/no real explanation.

I posted earlier that I had no probs...unfortunately, I must revise that.

out of the five Macs I uprgaded, one is now unusable. It is a G3/400 B&W. It boots, but when the desktop should appear I get a blue screen instead.
  • Reply 33 of 154
    My install went great except for one problem.... All my iTunes disapeared!!! I had to use a third party hack to transfer them from my iPod.
  • Reply 34 of 154
    Quote:

Originally posted by Keda

Now I'm worried since Apple yanked the update w/no real explanation.

They gave an explanation: "We have temporarily removed the Mac OS X v10.2.8 software update while we resolve an issue affecting Ethernet networking on a small number of Power Mac G4 desktop systems. We anticipate that the issue will be resolved soon."
  • Reply 35 of 154
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CaseCom

They gave an explanation: "We have temporarily removed the Mac OS X v10.2.8 software update while we resolve an issue affecting Ethernet networking on a small number of Power Mac G4 desktop systems. We anticipate that the issue will be resolved soon."

This is the worst update Apple has delivered since the 7.5.4 desaster. :-(
  • Reply 36 of 154
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

I dunno about that ... which iTunes update was it that erased people's hard drives?
  • Reply 37 of 154
    They better fix the PowerBook battery Management or I'm going to be pissed. I'd like to know how much power I really have on my battery and not have to guess.
  • Reply 38 of 154
    I did the upgrade Monday night, This morning my tigig had 100% battery but only 1.24 hours of life. I hope Apple fixes this.
  • Reply 39 of 154
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

which screwed my performa 630 2 weeks before my design degree show...

those were the days!
  • Reply 40 of 154
    oooohhhh.... that sucked.

what was it that happened again?

NeilyB