10.2.8 gone wrong?

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 154
    I for one won't be updating my 'main' machine until Panther.
  • Reply 142 of 154
    Stuck with 10.2.3 until now. Fixed permissions ==> 10.2.8 Combo (97 MB) via dial-up ==> permissions again. Seems quite solid so far. I'd recommend it, or my name isn't Locomotive!

Now if Apple just offers a $70 (US) Jaguar-to-Panther upgrade...
  • Reply 143 of 154
    Quote:

Originally posted by Locomotive

Stuck with 10.2.3 until now. Fixed permissions ==> 10.2.8 Combo (97 MB) via dial-up ==> permissions again. Seems quite solid so far. I'd recommend it, or my name isn't Locomotive!

Now if Apple just offers a $70 (US) Jaguar-to-Panther upgrade...

They do. It's called .edu discount. $69
  • Reply 144 of 154
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    12" powerbooks (first generation) used to deliver in iTunes visuals a maximum of 60 fps under OpenGL. Now with 10.2.8 the performance under the same settings does not seem to exceed 30 fps. Has anyone noticed that? Is something because of 10.2.8?
  • Reply 145 of 154
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Well now the problem with my kensington wireless mouse is back after installing Quicktime 6.4 and iTunes 4.1 ! The very same problem that was started with the first release of 10.2.8 and cured with the revision.

I had used it all summer long ( since May ) with 10.2.6 no problems.

This is just stupid. Apple will say it's Kensington's fault Kensington will say it's Apple's fault. I'm tired of that BS. I just want the damn thing to work!
  • Reply 146 of 154
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Update to QT 6.4 and iTunes 4.1. Guess what? Still can't get more than 30 fps. Great updates Apple. Nice to see you treating loyal users well.
  • Reply 147 of 154
    After updating to 10.2.8 I have had frequent system lockups and horrible battery life!
  • Reply 148 of 154
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

12" powerbooks (first generation) used to deliver in iTunes visuals a maximum of 60 fps under OpenGL. Now with 10.2.8 the performance under the same settings does not seem to exceed 30 fps. Has anyone noticed that? Is something because of 10.2.8?

You did uncheck the "cap framerate at 30" setting, right?
  • Reply 149 of 154
    etharethar Posts: 111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Update to QT 6.4 and iTunes 4.1. Guess what? Still can't get more than 30 fps. Great updates Apple. Nice to see you treating loyal users well.

New iTunes (yay!) on 10.2.8 and my Al 15" can hit 57 fps...

Try Smircle's suggestion
  • Reply 150 of 154
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

Well now the problem with my kensington wireless mouse is back after installing Quicktime 6.4 and iTunes 4.1 ! The very same problem that was started with the first release of 10.2.8 and cured with the revision.

I had used it all summer long ( since May ) with 10.2.6 no problems.

This is just stupid. Apple will say it's Kensington's fault Kensington will say it's Apple's fault. I'm tired of that BS. I just want the damn thing to work!

Kensington released a new beta of Mouseworks and it cured the problem.

Thank you Kensington.
  • Reply 151 of 154
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

You did uncheck the "cap framerate at 30" setting, right?

Right. It simply cannot exceed 30 fps, whatever the settings. Before, full-screen visuals played between 57 and 63 fps (OpenGL enabled, cap disabled). New QT and iTunes updates had no effect.
  • Reply 152 of 154
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yup.

Audio seems to be skipping a little less but it still skips.
  • Reply 153 of 154
    etharethar Posts: 111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Yup.

Audio seems to be skipping a little less but it still skips.

Mine doesn't skip at all